Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just Can't Gut Tractor Grilles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crookshanks, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tractor Grills only belong on tractors, Buick side trim only belong on Buicks, Cadillac tail lights and hubcaps only belong on..........Another debate split down the middle, To each there own but to say you hate it? In a world full of white grey and black Suv's and econo boxes I can appriciate any attempt at puuting your own ride on the road cant say I love all of em but cant say I hate them.

2. CurbFeeler

CurbFeeler

Tractor grilles on da' rods? ....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  3. I can remember some very cool cars built with A C grilles. A track style roadster type.
    I have a chance at a Massy Harris with a Chrysler industrial 6 (free)
    Have been thinking about a 1 seater Indy style roadster with a boat tall rear (using the tear shaped gas tank in the mix . One door entry, low slung, straight axle of course, large round tube chassis and a done Chrysler six barking through a 3 inch pipe running along the upper edge of the body on the nondoor side.
    You don't like tractor grill rods.? Why would I care? I dont like SBCs. Each to his own.
    Don

4. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

5. Ya know I was just thinking. I did take a tractor to the drive-in one when I was in high school. Maybe if you can do car stuff with a tractor you can put tractor parts on a car. ;)

6. I would like to say that I wouldn't own my current T-boddied roadster if it didn't have that early 30's hit n miss grill shell. I actually found the grill shell in the attic of my garage when I bought the place and hung it on the wall. Rumor from the old timers in my neighborhood is that the old NOVO was used as an air compressor to aid in the home insulation business. It seems my large garage in a residential area was built for the business so it has history to the building.
    I stared at it for a couple years just hanging there when one day I decided to build a car around that shell. The shell was narrow so the body I thought of was the old 23 T body and the build happened. My car wouldn't exist without the grill and the grill would still be hanging without the car.

[​IMG]

7. Tractors are for "Farmers
    I resemble that remark. Been there done that. Lot of rods come from farms.
    Don

Attached Files:

8. coronet440

coronet440

Dang, are you saying I can't go around saying our Model M has a grill from a hotrod? lol

[​IMG]

9. rld14

rld14

That just made me laugh out loud... guys in the showroom are looking at me all funny.

Course I did skip over a few pages so I doubt I'm the first guy to get it...

10. The oval Ford truck grilles you can't stand are '38 and '39. A lot of people back in the day hung them on Model A coupes and roadsters. I like them on the trucks they came on but not on a Model A.

11. I think the whole concept behind Hot Rodding is personalization and also, utilizing what you have to make things work.

12. 343w

343w

My 8N grille does look alittle like my 32 tudor grille, but I'm not going to switch um! That roadster pickup is dog ugly with the 8N grille shell, PLEASE......

13. 1000+ HP out of a streetable motor is douchie?

14. Jimv

Jimv

Whatever you want to put on your own car is acceptable!Thats why we build them!!
    JimV

PS my 400 SBC looks great with "Olds" valve covers on it!!lol

15. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Yep, effort that improves lines or just plain makes the owner happy. Shock value mods are often just poor taste. But if we all liked the same things it would be boring.
    NOT sent from my bathroom.:D

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Are they really that hard to gut ?? :D

17. Lets see, you've now installed the SBC in the tractor.
    What you have now is what is the latest craze in RR's..patina, tractor seat, tractor grille, no fenders (rear removed if it came with them), big ass wheels..hmm, now for a name..how about TR's or TractorRods.
    Might be on to something here.

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Your not...;)

19. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That is nice! I LOVE old tractors. LOVE period hot rods. Combining the two? Well, I LOVE BBQ ribs, and I LOVE Strawberry shortcake. But combining the two??

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Very well said, sir.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Speaking ot tractor grilles :rolleyes: this beauty :rolleyes: is up for sale on that auction site everyone hates but everyone buys from :)

Attached Files:

22. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

I'll just leave this here...
    [​IMG]

23. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

whats that off compressor or cement mixer

24. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

I've been checking the big box stores for a stainless grill that will fit in my 29 grill shell. You know like what is used in a gas grill. Does that turn your crank ?

25. In that case, '60-ish Rambler American insert. Cut in half, trim to fit, overlap down center with a random piece of straight stainless trim. Insert done.

26. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

they'll have to use deuce grills. :D

27. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Here's some good news: I discovered that the Department of Agriculture "farm income stabilization" policies are still in effect. As a genuine American farmer, I am entitled to a PAYMENT in exchange for not contributing to the glut of tractor grills!
    Gotta go to the garage and pry the "Worthington" strip offa the deuce pickup...

28. Ha Ha!

Perfect for this thread!

Just read deadgearhead's signature.

29. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Here's a Minneapolis Moline, it looks goofy.

Attached Files:

30. good one!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.