Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jerry Volavka's '31 Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magsnubby, Jan 9, 2010.

1. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I showed this car to a buddy and he wants to do a clone of it. Does anyone have anymore pics of it? It was featured in the December 1962 issue of Hot Rod magazine.
    <table id="post3921226" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_3921226" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(229, 229, 229);">
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(229, 229, 229) rgb(229, 229, 229); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> [​IMG] [​IMG]</td></tr></tbody></table>

2. Fenders

Fenders

Nice fordor. I like the louvers in the running board aprons. Looks like the rear fenders are bobbed.

3. I remember drooling over this car when I was so young I wouldn't have even paid no mind to the gal in front of it

4. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I've always remembered this car. I was 13. It's always been my favorite A sedan.

5. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I have some color 35mm slides from early sixties at the Sabers show in Denver....I can look them up for you, I'm pretty sure there is an interior shot..I remember the Olds steering wheel with the clear 59 Caddy tail light in the center. When I get them found not sure what I can do to get them to you. I'll go look now.

6. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I have 4 slides...front view, rear 3/4, front 3/4, side view with both doors open. Maybe I can scan these ?? The color is lousy, they are OLD slides but you can see the car and many details. Dale

7. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

That would work. I would appreciate it.

8. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

9. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

10. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

my slides did not scan out at all...too old, too dark Looks like Landseaabdair got you covered tho. Dale

Attached Files:

11. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Thanks guys. That's what i was looking for. I knew if there was any info around on this car someone on here would have it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  12. fatkoop

fatkoop

I think Jerry still owns the car. I saw it parked on the side of the road with a flat tire a few years ago. I got all excited 'cuz I hadn't seen it since the old Tri-State Auto Show days of the 60's. So I start babbling incoherently to the pretty blonde in the passenger seat about how I remember the car, bla, bla, bla, and can I help her, etc. She must have thought I was a serial killer, 'cuz she dismisses me right away, saying Jerry went to get some help, but of course, I just hung around anyway for a few minutes and walked around the car admiring it. Best 4-door Model A I can ever remember.

13. fuddpucker

fuddpucker

I talked to Jerry at the Starbird show in Wichita he now lives in his hometown of Caldwell Kansas and still has the Model A with him there.

14. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

That is one sharp model A. It is cool the guy owns it today. Reading the article of th e magazine scan, 30 GALLONS OF PAINT!!! Holy shit... I really dig the removable top insert/cover. Hell I really dig the whole thing!! Wonder if the female was his girl friend/wife...if so are they still together? What do you think guys? He still has both or got rid of girl and kept the car? I'd hope he still has both, that would be awesome.

15. Dang, check out those wrap around nerf bars! Any pictures of it currently? Has it been changed at all over the years or is it still in this same setup? Nice car.

16. 5window

5window

It's a great,great car, but i don't get why anyone ever wants to build a clone? Why not respect the style and build your own car? Purple tufted velvet interior might seem a bit over the top today and I'd be real nervous about that steering wheel center if you had to stop suddenly.

17. somebody get in touch with jerry and lets see this survivor. anyone?

18. gapeek

gapeek

Jerry is alive and well, sitting in my office now. He still has the Model A. It has not been started and driven in a few years but other than being 49 years older (painted in December 1962) it is just like the last time I rode in the car about 30 years ago.

Greg Peek
    If you like Roadsters check out "old number eighty-seven" on the HAMB

19. Do you possibly have any current pictures of it you could post? If you don't know how I can post them for you if you e-mail them to me. Thanks for the update.

20. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

That is an awesome car!! I have one that I'm building right now and its always nice to see another... sometimes it seems like its just me and all my doors.;)