Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jay Leno's Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty Dug, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It's now on CNBC at 10:00 eastern on Wednesday nights. Don't know if it's the same stuff that was on his webshow, never saw that. It was on here at 7:00 and it was entertaining and informative.

2. It was a VERy cool show. I like that he hit on lots of stuff.

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I got on you tube and watched several episodes, not sure if new or old but good watching.

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

Watched it, Liked it, hope ratings are good so it stays on, nice variety, love the history of cars.

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

it's on tonight at 6pm central cox cable channel 49

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. pitman

pitman

'Somebody' has their shielded flat-screen TV...near their frame-table? ;)

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Nice to see a real car guy doing the show and I found it to be very good.
    Jimbo

8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Jay's a genuine car guy. He's in a position that he doesn't have to cave to some producer who insists on some bullshit drama to sell soap. That's a GOOD thing for the hobby. Car guys will love it, the masses may find it boring as hell without the huffing, puffing & throwing of wrenches. But that's OK, it's not for them anyway. Hope it does well, I'll watch it.

Paul B likes this.
  9. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Last night's episode Leno went to Frank Hawley's driving school and made a 1/4 mile pass in a pro comp dragster. Also had a segment on the GT350 Mustang old and new.

10. I've been watching it on the web for quite a while. It's one of my favorite shows to watch. It's been a Saturday morning ritual for me while I'm making pancakes for the kids. I don't have cable so I'll just continue my Saturday morning on the web although I bet the cable version is just as good or better.

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I thought it was great. Are there more episodes in the making? Gary

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

this is a new show

13. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

The interior shots are his 'garage'.
    What is happening is that they are moving his on line show to live broadcast.

14. it's on tonite @ 7:00 PM, 0n twc in so cal. with Tim Allen.

15. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Had it set up to record last night, as I wrestled with replacing a wonky alternator on my OT daily driver. Came into relax and watch the show, when I discovered that there had a been a power blip or something and my DVR didn't catch it. Shooting for the rerun tonight, barring any other electrical gremlins that seek to rob me of this pleasure.

16. Same on Cox, Ch. 66 @ 7:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Too damned many commercials!!!

TagMan likes this.
  18. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Too many commercials?
    A little back ground.
    Have any of you seen the promo/commercial of Jay driving across El Mirage Dry Lake Bed with 60 other cars?
    About a minute long. We were one of the 60-75 personal cars. Got there at 7am, must have been 25-35 in the production crew, hungry? We had choice of; fresh omelets or breakfast burritos, pastries, drinks.
    Out to the lake bed with a ton of support vehicles, set up and start dry runs. Water? you need water? (It was 102 degrees with about 100 percent humidity) Noon time lunch for over 100 people and not box lunches.
    After lunch they start filming the vehicle hoard, and before all this Jay was being recorded driving the 'Tank".
    We finish around 4, load up and head home. For 60 seconds of air time.
    Now it was a ton of fun, Jay was great and personally thanked ever car owner.
    And they said it was a low cost production.

19. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

It's on right now on CNBC in SoCal on TimeWarner

20. cfmvw

cfmvw

I don't own a television, but I like to catch his shows online. Jay is the real deal! Not afraid to drive his cars or get dirty working on them. One of my favorite episodes was the Stanley Steamer that they hot-rodded with various upgrades; I think he even got singed while lighting the boiler. Another one was the Bob McGee '32 roadster - not only did he discuss the history and significance of the vehicle (with owner Bruce Meyer), but also interviewed the Postmaster General about the stamp it was featured on, as well as taking the car out for a spin.

21. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Easily the best car related show on TV.
    Anyone know if the '50 Cad coupe in the background of some of the scenes was Briggs Cunningham's LeMans car ?

22. verde742

verde742

I really liked it, Jay has a real small ego, I think, not afraid to "light 'em, brake 'em and then fix 'em.. he knows "good stuff"

23. Brentphx

Brentphx

Thanks for the heads up, I dvr'd the ones available... Watching it now with my 5 yo

24. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

Jay Leno is cool...

25. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

Love the show, watched it online for sometime. True car guys talking cars. No b.s drama or deadlines. Great that it covers all sorts of different types of cars. Hope they will do a traditional Kustom car episode with car legends at the shope. Hope it stays on for a long time!

26. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Made some appearances & support for the McPherson College Auto Restoration Program in McP., KS.
    Good "real"car guy

27. Just watched the replay, on again in an hour.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!