Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Jamco Update -They have really turned things around

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JVK54, Feb 21, 2017.

1. JVK54

JVK54

Yeah I know- Jamco got a terrible reputation over the years around customer service, parts not delivered and bad communication. There was never any issue with the quality of their products or pricing . They sold great stuff at a fair price. It was just everything that went with trying to buy them.
    Well because I have run their lowering stuff in all my cars and they are the ONLY source for 3" dropped coils for a 57 Buick Special ( trust me..I looked …hard) , and that I never had a huge problem with them personally …I decided to order coils and shocks for my new 57.
    Jims brother Tony Genty has bought the company. He's well aware of what the problems of the past were and totally committed to doing it right. I gotta say, what a pleasure he and Jorge have been to deal with. The answer the phone, there email, they provide tracking info, and they are great around " how much drop do you think I can get away with on this car? " questions.
    I ordered my stuff a 2 weeks ago. They said 2-3 weeks to manufacture and ship. Got the tracking info on the springs today and the shocks ship out of cali tomorrow. I can't say enough . Its a rare thing when anyone holds themselves accountable anymore..much less addresses a problem with class , humility and enthusiasm…and makes it good. Sure looks to me like thats exactly what Tony and the crew at Jamco are doing. Hats off!

2. did you get the parts? Unknown.jpeg

bigheadbaxter likes this.
  3. JVK54

JVK54

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. good to hear........

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Soooooooooo tb33anda3rd, are you implying the egg was before the Chicken with that pic?

6. hah, just not counting the chickens..........

loudbang and brigrat like this.
  7. Let us know when the parts arrive,tracking numbers really don't mean anything. HRP

Corvette Fever likes this.
  8. Who is making the springs for Jamco ?

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The '40 Ford coupe I bought already built has a "Keep-It Clean" wiring harness and they are part of the Hoffman group as is Jamco. I had a left front turn signal problem, and when I called them and got to the right person, they emailed me a complete wiring diagram for the harness in my car, NC!
    With the diagram and a power probe test light I fixed it.
    Maybe they have turned over to a new page, let's hope so.

10. Jamco is not part of the Hoffman group Helix is their suspension company.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/

Blue One and Hnstray like this.
  11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

12. ratman

ratman

They do mean at least something has been shipped.

13. flathead41ford

flathead41ford
    from Mentor OH

When I was doing my 55 Ford a few years back, St. Louis spring was supplying their rear springs for my application. Jamco dropped the ball on helping me out with a fitment problem. I gave them 2 weeks and contacted St. Louis spring directly. They took care of it promptly. I have since used St. Louis spring for other projects.

14. ... and I contacted St. Louis Spring 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a call back. 'round and 'round it goes... :rolleyes:

15. Thanks, I am thinking of another spring company, as well ...... can't get the name out, though.
    FYI, I lived 33 years in Madison, before leaving the snow for NC.
    I do miss the car shows in Mentor, etc ........ and BIG AL's list.

16. JVK54

JVK54

Oh yee of little faith. There they are. A week early. FullSizeRender-31.jpg

17. Give us a results after install.

18. JVK54

JVK54

Absolutely. Should be next weekend. As long as my measurements were on point and I can drop a full 3" from stock( or what I'm pretty sure was stock , because the coils in there now are really sagged) I'm sure that these will be great. I've run Jamco stuff before. In my 54 Buick and up front on my 50 Chevy. Quality has always been good. That was never the issue with them. Hopefully the stance on the 57 will look great and it will ride well…other than the terrible roads we have here, and speed bumps etc.

19. dan31

dan31

I call b.s. on this thread, i mean really,the o.p. starts a thread about some springs you can ONLY get from Jamco ,BEFORE he even orders them and low-in-behold they even show up early. And all this a month after Jamco got its ass handed to it after starting another "come back thread". Forgive me for being so negative but company cultures just don't turn around that fast because the owner wants them to. Should have changed the name ,real damage was done,sorry.

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Dan31 he said in his original post, which shows to be un edited, that he ordered his parts two weeks before he made the post.

As such he commented on the good customer service he had on making the order and would comment more when/if the stuff actually showed up.

then when they did arrive he posted about it.

What part of that is talking about good customer service before he even ordered?

Also if you want to get knit picky the thread where they got reamed last month the consensus was that no one would give a shit about a press release of "we changed I promise" and they we would need to see first hand accounts of good service. Which this is exactly that.

Maybe go have another cup of coffee and re read the post.

~ that being said I have no doubt you've been fucked by jamco previously. I also have no connection jamco or this dudes purchase

rust runner likes this.
  21. dan31

dan31

Tim ,your right. Jamco is now the best. I already had my coffee so i just drink the cool-aid. Thanks for setting me straight. Maybe my time line was thrown off due to the title being "Jamco- they really have turned things around" Before the o.p. got the springs? .Predetermened on the out come?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  22. JVK54

JVK54

This is legit. Check my history on the HAMB before accusing me of being a company shill or bullshit artist. Insinuation like that is pretty personal. If ya want to make a personal attack like that, call someone a liar , at least have the common sense to do a little research first.

rust runner and tb33anda3rd like this.
  23. dan31

dan31

Your story is your story-thats fine. There are a thousand on here that have another story with this company and thats also fine. If you want to take it personal, thats up to you. I don't need to check your history because i don't give a shit ,to be honest,i know Jamco's history. How do you come back and talk about "little research and common sense" when your posting how great they are now before you even get your part?. Do you anything about running a small business? .I do. Been doing it since i was 19 years old {30 years}. I would never treat my customers like they did and then insult their intelligence by trying some b. s. thread on a internet forum.

5window likes this.
  24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'll get the popcorno_O

Tim likes this.
  25. JVK54

JVK54

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. But if its smooth pavement I'm fine with driving a static dropped car on it. It's still better than the roads in Massachusetts and we run 'em on them all the time.
    Having said that- I'll probably install the springs ( and shorter shocks ) next weekend and post the results on the 'Lowering a 57 Buick on The Cheap " thread . Hopefully the car will sit level and as slammed as I can get away with.
    Dan 31, It's clear you "don't give a shit" about researching anything, or even reading anything with accuracy. . If you did you would understand , I clearly said that Jamco had a long and well documented history with crap customer service. They deserved every bit of their lousy rep. In my dealings with Tony he fully owned that even though it was under Jims ownership that it happened. Seriously…How do ya think I could say that it looks like they "turned things around" if I wasn't well aware of what they had been?
    I was stoked that they were owning and addressing the problems and fixing them. That all this was, period.

Tim, rust runner and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for trying to keep this on subject

27. dan31

dan31

jvk54, i don't need to research anything,and you need to write with accuracy. How did you know they turned around before you got your parts?. Look ,i hope they get it together but they have had how many chances?. Did you think that you could run this thread without push back from guys that have worked hard,really fucking hard for their money just to be screwed around by Jamco. If you want to deal with jamco knock yourself the fuck out.

28. Fat47

Fat47

And another thread with good intentions dissolves into a pissing match.

29. flathead4d

flathead4d

AMEN.

30. Tim couldn't have said it any better in his post.