Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods interesting temp gauge anyone know where she belongs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finplym, Oct 29, 2014.

1. finplym

finplym
    from new york

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I don't know what it fits, but it's expensive as hell and almost useless without the cluster/pod it goes in.
    Doesn't even say whether it works or not.
    Someone here on the board will identify it.

3. retromotors

retromotors

I agree, way overpriced. To add insult to injury, the $15.00 expedited shipping is highly inflated. That item would probably ship USPS priority for $5.00 or less. Even allowing for shipping supplies and legitimate handling expenses (gas, vehicle wear and tear, etc), it's too high.
    Another of the many reasons I find eBay virtually useless any more. Sellers on a freakin' fishing expedition, looking to hook a tuna!

4. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

https://sites.google.com/site/identifyinginstrumentpanels/

This might help you in your search. Good luck, neat style to that one.

I'm a little surprised by everyone's reaction to the price...it costs at least $150 to have a new capillary tube put on a temp gauge and if you need it rescreened the price only goes up from there. This gauge looks NOS and ready to drop into your panel.
    JohnnyA

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Maybe it's NOS, but if so, it isn't pristine.....I don't know what it fits, and I certainly don't need it,
    but if I did, I'd think it was pricey. However, if I DID need it, and I had been looking for one, and it were the ONLY game in town....who knows what I might do. Value is a perception in most cases.

Ray

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it is overpriced because it is an unknown gauge in unknown working condition. if he knew what it fit and showed it working it could be worth that much to a guy who owned the right car and could not find a good one.

7. choffman41 likes this.
  8. Nice link to the gauge website. Thanks. The seller is obviously fishing since he has no clue what he has. If it turned out to fit a '78 Fairmont, he'd probably take 5 bucks for it.

9. I guess you haven't shipped anything lately. Small Flat Rate is now $5.95. Sometimes I can save a dime by going regular price in a small box.

10. 62rebel

62rebel

without the rest of the cluster, what is it good for except holding onto and hoping it turns out to be somebody's "holy grail" part? reasonably sure there's not a mile-long line of Hupmobile owners looking for one.