Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Info and pictures needed of "sylvester" 32 show rod from early sixties! !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lazyv8, Jan 4, 2012.

1. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

That car is cooler than cool. Are the reversed rears 15's or 16's I wonder?

2. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

The rims are 15's. The rears are the same ones that were originally on the car back in the fifties, but obviously, they took a lot of work to refurbish. The guys cut the centers out of the rims, and welded up and metal-finished all the holes and rough spots, then had 'em chromed again. The front rims are old Buicks, done up like the rears.

3. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

The latest HotRod magazine, Dec 2012, which I just got in the mail today, has a several page article about Sylvester III.

4. ronhorowitz

ronhorowitz

Just came across the thread. Seems there haven;t been any entries in quite a while. I don't know if it would be of any interest, but on one of my old cell phones, I probably still have a bunch of grainy photos of the car when it was apart in the garage in SF.... I'd have to go digging, but if there's enough interest....

F&J likes this.
  5. F&J

F&J

Yes, Please do that if possible.

6. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Sure, post 'em! I'm Marcus' dad...Paul and Marcus are partners in the shop, now called New Metal Coachworks, and they still own the car. It's at the shop, and I just saw it today. Here are some pictures taken at the shop a few years ago before they moved to their new location. Mitzi and Co. was doing a calendar photo shoot. IMG_1992_1.JPG IMG_1992_1.JPG IMG_1991_1.JPG IMG_1990_1.JPG IMG_1988_1.JPG IMG_1979_1.JPG

37Pickup and F&J like this.