Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm not supposed to receive alerts... I'm getting a bunch.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Big A, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Just the last couple of days I'm getting an alert on my phone (iPhone 4S if that makes a difference) every time someone posts on a thread I've participated in. I don't have any alert boxes checked. Annoying at work, and annoying trying to sleep with my phone/alarm clock beside me buzzing at weird hours. What's the deal?

2. How do I make this stop?

[​IMG]

3. Alright, I'm getting frustrated. People I work with are getting frustrated. My wife is getting PISSED with my phone buzzing all night long. My damn phone is freaking out with HAMB alerts and I can't shut them down. I'm not going to just shut my phone off, I need my phone. WTF do I need to do to make this stop? @Ryan can you help me out here? What am I missing?

[​IMG]

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on it.

5. Funny, my phone buzzed before I saw your reply. Thanks.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@Big A

OK, go here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/watched/threads

Those are all the threads you are watching. When someone replies to those threads, you get a notification. IF you would like I'll take your "watch" off all of those threads and end the notification streak you are on.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Another way around this is to do this:

1. Open your HAMB app on your phone

2. Go to settings > push notifications > username

You will see this:

notes.jpg

Just uncheck "Subscribed Topics".

8. Is there no way to follow a thread without getting a notification every time someone replies to it? Did something change in the last week or so, this just started happening.

Just saw your note about the phone. I'll try that first.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The only thing that changed was the stupid damned idiotic HAMB app that tapatalk does for me... So, I'm guessing that change on the phone will fix it.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@Big A You cool now? About to leave for lunch and don't want to leave you hangin...

11. Sounds like you're not too happy with the app :D

I assume I have an out-of-date version of the app, but push notifications are off and I'm still getting alerts...

[​IMG]

I'm guessing I'll have to get you to turn off all my watched threads if I can't do that myself, but aren't I automatically subscribed every time I reply to something?

Go do what you gotta do. I'm up to my ass at work right now. We'll get this figured out. Thanks for jumping in.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Awe, Yeah. Update the shitty app to the latest version of shit and you should be good to go!

13. I deleted the old app and that seems to have shut things up. I'll download the new one when I get a chance, but I pretty much just use the web version on my phone anyway (but I also sit in front of a computer all day so the app isn't all that necessary for me).

Thanks for your attention Ryan. I know you've got better things to do.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Actually, this IS what I do.

15. Come to think of it, I think I want your job. :D