Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I just found one of my old station wagon for sale .What to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Fender1325

Fender1325

Keep the 56

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  2. belair

belair

Keep the 56.

3. Threesomes are the way to go

Oldmics

4. The car runs and drives .It needs brake work.

5. H.R.P.Yes i got her up and running after replacing all the burnt wiring from the P.O. short cuts for starting. Just rebuilt all 4 wheel cylinder too.

6. Personally,I would much rather have the Buick than the Oldsmobile if I had to make a choice,however there is no law that says you can't own 2 station wagons. HRP

7. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Opinions are opinions, But I would never get rid of a '56s , for a '67 . Your wagon is way too cool to get rid of. If it was one of your old cars, there must have been a reason you let it go. Keep the '56.

8. Ok The 56 Buick wagon won. I went down and put insurance back on her. Now if it ever stops raining here I will start driving her.Thanks for all the in put.Bruce. 001.JPG

Paul B, Fender1325 and volvobrynk like this.

9. Phtttt don't sell your Buick, just buy the old wagon back and give it to the beaner. :D

So tell me is it the olds with the plexi hump thingy in the roof? Those were cool HAMB friendly or not.

10. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Great choice, Long live the '56 wagons

11. shadams

shadams

The 56 is WAY cooler....good call....

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

think that many of us wish that we had not sold/traded one, or more, of our previous rides. if only had the money, room and time to keep them all.

13. Take the Buick off Craig list! HRP

14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I'd give my left nut to get my my old '58 Impala back. Unfortunately one ex got that, another my left nut.

1pickup and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. Porknbeaner, she was the flat top.Bruce.

16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I was so close to "like" you post, but that would be weird, so I would rather agree and offer my sympathy!

17. YUP Jalopy Joker, that's the problem .If I had the $$$ I would scoop her back up too.Bruce.

18. Hey Blowby that would make you a nnaawww never mind.lol.Bruce.

19. williebill

williebill

I kept both of mine, blowby, but I didn't realize how valuable they were until I had to buy them back from my ex.

57 Fargo likes this.
  20. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Upteen post to walk you thru getting it rewired to get that 56 started and now you would even think of selling it? No way Bruce, you gotta love a Buick wagon. Don't get me wrong, I like Olds too, I even have one, but Buicks are my main thing. Buy the Olds back and keep the Buick, tell yourself (or the finance director) you are just keeping family history alive for the kids.

jadegrenade 51 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  21. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Come on Bruce. You have already made up your mind to buy it. You just want us fellow addicts to say it is OK. :)

22. When I was 13 years old, I went to look at 51 Chevy Fastback that was for sale locally. I didn't have enough money saved from mowing grass to buy it. Fast forward to 2013, a good friends brother is selling a 51 Fastback. I drive the 20 miles to look at the car. I ask where it came from. He tells me "down by you", then it hits me. It's the same car I couldn't afford when I was younger! I whipped out the cash, signed the papers, lit em up on the highway and, I was gone!!.... Sometimes things just happen for a reason.

Fender1325 likes this.
  23. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Wise choice I feel keeping the 56 versus the 67. Classier looking wagon in my opinion.

24. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Very good call on keeping the Buick.

Portholes, man, portholes!

25. Yeah, but you can't cruise the Vista in the 56.

26. Williebill
    been there and done it too and lost a nice 73 dodge challenger in court to her.

27. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

A 67 Olds wagon would have won out it were it me. I may be the minority here, but I'd turn the Olds wagon into a 442, as much as possible, and have something really different. I like 56 Chevrolet's, wagons especially, but I never cared for the Buicks, in any form; my Father did, that probably has something to do with it more than anything, and no one needs to know that story. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

28. Clik

Clik

Get a part time job and own both.