Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I Came, I Saw, I Purchased

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr.chevrolet, Jul 24, 2015.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

more at a later date.

Attached Files:

2. Budget36

Budget36

Take it back, I don't see any rust..;)

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  3. What is it and what's the plan? HRP

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

30 Chrysler, and yes I prefer rust. have to leave it sit in the woods a couple years, then bring it in.

5. Fedman

Fedman

It looks like a nice start. Did you get any more pieces with it, like Grille Shell & Fenders?
    Will you have to change your Avatar name when it is done? :)

6. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice. ok what kinda powerplant?

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like someones lose and your gain.
    Good job.

9. im not convinced its a 30. 30s had a flat grille. the 31-32 looked like a auborn. i would say a early 31. the later 31-32s had suicide doors and a double swing out windshield. i would agree its a chrysler due to the rectangular rear window. the dodge plymouth and desoto had a rear window that looked like a football. the double cowl vents are stock. if it has a roll down rear window it was a rumble seat car. its missing its visor. look at my albums you will see the same car. this body is extremely rare. its called a cm-6 coupe. mopar only made about 35000 cars that year spread out over 37 body styles if i remember right. they made this body for 18 months. thats why there is a early and late model. remember this was the height of the depression. money for new bodies was tight. my car is a 31 titled as a 32 most likely due to not selling in 31. congrats on a rare find. i have only seen one other 31 other than mine.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    Model T1 and volvobrynk like this.
  10. verde742

verde742

Good Grief, the pictures were taken Jan. 2007...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

The car is 84 years old .....what's 8 years, more or less? :D

I just looked at some photos yesterday of a Chey pickup that I had seen in an ad......The ad implied it was a fresh build......but when I got additional pics they are 9 years old....causes me to wonder too!

In any case, the Chrysler Coupe looks good......Congratulations on a rare find!

Ray

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  12. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

all my pictures have the same date. I don't know how to change it.
    its titled as a 30, the doors were suicided by the PO. I did get a grille and surround, if I remember correctly, the grille sides are slightly angled. i'll know more when I get the car home.

Model T1 likes this.
  13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

now you have to change your screen name

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

No , I still have more Chevrolets than others makes. I will remain--Mr. Chevrolet,
    or at least until I run outa business cards.

Model T1 and turboroadster like this.
  15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Can't wait to see more pics when it arrives . I like oddball stuff :) . Please tell me you're going to put an interesting driveline in it ...

16. Looks just like my 30' Chrysler I'm building. Mine was an old hot rod back in the day, was channeled when I got it but not chopped. I left it channeled and chopped it 3". Love those 30's Mopars!

17. Gotta be a late 1930 or 1931 with the cowl vents on top.

18. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

of course I am. a Small Block Chevy. greatest engine ever built. they don't call me Mr. Chevrolet for nothing. but I do have a couple 400 ponchos and a couple 455s too. and a 365 Horse Olds 455. it's too early to tell, I'm still in the dreamin' stage.

kiwijeff, 283john and volvobrynk like this.
  19. verde742

verde742

as we say: Pictures or it didn't happen...:rolleyes:

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Since the car was born straight six, a hot 292 stovebolt or a really hot 302 Jimmy would be bitching, with a 3x2 set up, or 2x2 and Fenton and glass packs.

That would really be nice.

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You could always keep it Mopar and do up a hotted-up 4BT ;) . Now THAT would be different !
    That big old 455 would be pretty darn cool. It would pull that little ride along at a good rate. Neat car either way.

22. Look at the doors. The top body line does not match the body. Its like there is a extra raised body line. Mine is the same way. I was at the march meet and was parked next to a essex coupe. Our doors matched perfect but his coupe body had the extra raised area. Mopar must have used whatever they had. They musy have stamped out parts to go on several differant cars. I still think its a 31-32 body. Its your car and already unique i say keep it mopar.

23. Cool I hate it when someone has a batter starting place than I do.

Nice little coupe. Should be as sweet as sugar pie when its done.

25. verde742

verde742

OOOO. Nice chop !!!!
    I like Jimmy's 57 short wide, how did he lower front?

26. Thanks! I took 4" out of the doors and 3" out the lid. It looks much better with the extra 1" out of the doors, the lines flowed nicer! It's channeled 6". It will also have cowl steering, quick change rear and a 1958 Chrysler 354 poly motor. I used a 26' Chev pickup "embossed starburst" firewall which is now install, ready to work on the floor pans, I'm finishing up an electric bead roller now so I can roll the pans. I need to update and get more pics in my album! Tim "AKA nickname Jimmy C" 1957 pickup has a Chrysler Volare torsion bar "K" member in it. Also has a built 292 with 312 heads Y-Block.

27. verde742

verde742