Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I bought a street rod,me and my big mouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 17, 2015.

1. The back story,my good friend Rene' of more than 50 years had a stroke back in February and due to the stroke he is now on dialysis and can no longer walk,fortunately he is still able to talk and get around some in a wheel chair,but he isn't able to drive and most likely wont ever be able to do so again.

I have spent a lot of time with him and he asked me if I wanted his sedan,I told him it's really not my style but if I could afford it I would think about it.

He said he needs some cash but I know what he paid for the car when he bought it at the L A Roadster show several years ago and I sure couldn't come up with that amount,so I made a offer and he said OK....so I guess I'm a street rodder now.

These photos are of the non running car as it was pulled from his warehouse,kinda dusty from sitting,,my plan is to get the car running,clean it up and play with it a while. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Neat ride, congrats.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Now by the bylaws stated herein, you have to change your name to :
    STREETRODPRIMER.

VR&C.

4. your going to have to change your name to "streetrodpaint".

5. redo32

redo32

Would you believe that 30 years ago I wanted to do my license plate like that too. Weld up that back panel and lose some of the billet & you'll be stylin'.

6. Beautiful car man. Too bad about your friend. I'm sure you getting it lifted his spirits. All the best to Rene.

7. I don't think so,I still got my beater sedan.:D

Thank you sir. HRP

8. prpmmp

prpmmp

Well now you could do your magic and gut it to fit his wheelchair and He'd be rolling again!! Pete

9. LongT

LongT

What some of you call beaters!! I like them both, maybe the beater a little more!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I bet it means a lot to him that you are taking care of it now. Sounds like it worked out for both of you. I see chrome reverse and firestones in my crystal ball.

11. Model T1

Model T1

Sorry about your good friend HRP. Nice lookin rod. We're still working on a new name for nowinderlarry so you'll have to stand by.

clem, pitman, lothiandon1940 and 3 others like this.
  12. My best wishes to Rene'. As for you, I know you always wanted four bar and a jag rear!:p Actually the car sits nice! Take about 4- 1/2"'s out of the top and get rid of the interior and of course Prime It. :cool:

13. Hold that crystal ball closer to the screen,I can't see it! [​IMG] HRP

14. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That's not overly "street roddish". A few changes here and there will go a long way. I certainly wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

15. Its a 32! You coulda knocked me over with a feather. Whoda thunkit?

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You mean noframelarry?

17. Boatmark

Boatmark

Sorry your friend is having a tough time. Having a lifelong bud around as he deals with it has to make it easier to take.

As for the car, labels are for boxes. Clean it up, and have some fun. You, more than most know its all about Fun-With-Cars. Maybe you friend can ride shotgun.

18. Don,can you say obsession,I missed my red coupe! :D HRP

19. Rckt98

Rckt98

You might be pleasantly surprised as to how nice that rides with the Jag rear.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. It doesn't look too far gone. Just a few tweaks here and there. That windshield treatment makes the roof look too tall. And yeah, the interior just doesn't look like an HRP interior.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. I've logged a good many miles in the sedan as a passenger in the past and I will readily admit it rides better than my Deuce sedan. HRP

22. Model T1

Model T1

That one is almost a coupe if you stand in front of it and squint.
    I'll bet you made your friend smile when you got his car. That meant a lot.

volvobrynk, 54fierro and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Picture of one I chopped for a friend many years back. Also put in a corvette rear..

NORWALK BEACH 2015 034.JPG
    NORWALK BEACH 2015 035.JPG Did the gas door and tank behind the rear seat.

24. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

The black sedan reminds me of Darth Vader. Nice work!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Mark,remember me,I'm 6' 4" tall and I've owned several chopped cars in the past.

I thought you might want to trade me your roadster for this sedan! :D HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You're gonna need all new T-shirts..

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. WELL... I'm speechless. That's a good thing you did for your friend. 'Hope you enjoy your new Deuce. 'Can't wait to see what you'll do to put your mark on it. Congratulations.

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great looking Tudor, nice to have one in primer and another in paint. Bob

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Tom,it was not my intent when I got out of bed yesterday morning to buy another Deuce sedan,you know I want to build another roadster but I was financially able to help a good friend and did what I felt like I should do so.

I'll keep the car for a while but who knows what the future will bring. HRP