Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How to Traditionally Hot Rod a Four Door Star Chief?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fadingfastsd, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

What up LOWCHIEF - my bro and I are reading through that shop manual you sent me right now! Thanks again buddy.

2. hemi

hemi

If you want to traditionally hot rod it, scavenge the entire running gear, fan blade to axle housing, for a hot rod like a Model T or A and scrap the body. Thats what REALLY would have happened...

3. hemi

hemi

Maybe Steve has a Four Door...

4. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Maybe not a hotrod, but a lower stance and some cool caps and youre golden. Enjoy the car!

5. I was looking at a 4-door 59 olds and a 65 Triumph chopper that a guy had when he told me about the 56 chieftain two door out back...$2150 later I drove it home. I found a 55 chieftain four-door near here for 300 bucks, and would have got IT going too if a friend/tenant hadn't sold it to "help me" while I was living in Tennessee instead of back here in Arkansas.

It's an old car, more specifically a 50's car. Evidence has been shown that there were some nice examples built back when, and yet the "I gotta look kool in front of my clique" crowd runs them down. BS. Build it how you like it, go against the grain and do your OWN thing...that's traditional coolness. What do you think the first guy to chop a 49 merc, or strip the fenders off a model T had to listen to? Lucky for you, pretty much everything that CAN be done HAS...just look at the examples you like and go with something that works in YOUR eyes...

btw, homecoming queens are for suckers :p The head cheerleader from a rival school was ALWAYS more fun ;)

6. x2 but don't go crazy on the drop

And screw the 2 door nazi's I'll bet 99% of them are still probably taking off billet accesories and the Boyds wheels of their "pure blood 2 door" while I type.

7. hahahahah!

8. Buzznut

Buzznut

I'd weld the back doors shut and remove ALL evidence they were there. Find a way to remove a post or two by reinforcing the body, chop the top, slam it, steelies with wide whites and put a suede paint job on it...that's just me though.

9. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

[​IMG]

nice job 66, throw so duels on the back and you be set..

Oh and what you said too ^^^

10. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

one of the best reply I seen on this thread, short and right on

11. hemi

hemi

The problem is that two-door doors are longer. A 4dr with shaved rear doors looks funky with short, stubby doors.

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

how do we get from this simple question to a 2 door versus 4 door fight? because he asked for *opinions* from the old guys who were there! i'm not as old as roger or some of the other guys who commented, but even my experience in the 70's and 80's was similar.

i assure you, if you're out driving this car, you'll enjoy it and i'll be happy seeing it on the road. enjoy it for what it is, not every sow ear needs to turned into a silk purse... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.