Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Create A New Thread

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We had a new user recently that is also new to forums. As such, I'm creating this tutorial to show him to create a thread.

Step one. Go to the forum in question that is pertinent to the content you want to create. For this example, we are using the main discussion forum as found here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/the-hokey-ass-message-board.5/

Once there, click the "Post New Thread" button as seen here:

newThread.jpg

Step Two. That will take you to the creation page that looks like this:

create.jpg

From there, you simply pick the appropriate thread prefix (In your case, it would be "technical"), give the thread a title, and then ask whatever technical question you have in the content box.

Step Three. Click the "Create thread" button. You are now all done and your post is live.

Steve Webb and 1morecarIpromise! like this.
  2. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I created a thread for my coupe build thread and it's on the main board and I was wondering how to move it to the traditional hotrod forum.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Joe woz

Joe woz

I posted A thread this morning, got feedback from a few members, logged out for a few hours, come back and my thread is nowhere to be found, what’s up with that?

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I deleted your thread because it was about mustang 2 IFS. that is off topic here. this is a traditional hotrod forum. you should have received a notification explaining why

5. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

I cannot open a new thread, it says I don’t have the rights to. What happened? I am a member since 2005. must say, I am not very often on the H.A.M.B.....

Gesendet von iPhone mit H.A.M.B.

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

are you trying to post in the classifieds? if so you can't do it from the app, you have to use a pc or the browser on your phone

lothiandon1940 likes this.