Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs How are everyone's Mercury projects coming along?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Jul 14, 2009.

1. I need to fatmat my interior too.

2. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Got my pipes installed!!

3. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Paint and body work is nearing the end.

Primered with the guide coat laying out some of the scallops and panel lines.
    [​IMG]

Door Jambs in color.
    [​IMG]

4. Simply beautiful

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. desotot

desotot

My 49 is almost done! :] I still need to find a holy grail , thats what badbob calls that radio trim thingamajigger that I only have a coroded remnant of. :[

6. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1392327012.906866.jpg
    Interior complete on my 50 merc

7. Got some front Suspension & brake parts painted & installed this weekend.

8. Low-4-Life

Low-4-Life
    from New Mexico

does that what you did pop your door open ?

9. I got my headliner bows all figured out. 3 of them came out of a Lincoln.

10. Got some paint on mine and started the suspension

Sent from my SCH-I915 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Attached Files:

11. A few photos of the work that Rudy Rodriguez of Fullerton Fabrications is doingto my 50 Mercury. Srill more work to do, but we are getting there.

Attached Files:

12. Just dropped my flathead off at the shop to get broke in & dynoed. Get it back on Wednesday, then paint it & put the transmission on, then put it on the frame. Super excited. Been sitting in shop for 10 yrs. Will finally get to hear her run on Wednesday.

13. barstowpo

barstowpo

I got my fresh heads and factory 4v intake on my 64 Monterey Marauder installed and running. Now for exhaust and a headliner.

14. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Finally got some time to work on the Merc again. I had to get rid of the molded front bumper and I was lucky enough to find a 53' Desoto Front Bumper in decent shape. A few photos of removal of he molede bumper and the basic setup of the Desoto Bumper. Next, will be work on the interior and then to tackle installing the 55' Oldsmobile headlight buckets and rings etc to the front end to put all in symetry.

Attached Files:

15. buckd

buckd

Well got the bumpers mounted. All the new Glass is ready to install, just have ton of block sanding to do. Hope to have paint on it in time for Dewey. Looks like alot of great project coming along on here. Just gotta keep plugging away. BUCKD

Attached Files:

16. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

Started grafting on some 56 packard tail lights on my 55 Montclair and there kicking my butt.

17. desotot

desotot

Love the color!

[​IMG]

18. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

That is really cool, take a video for us!!!

19. Yes, I am going to take a video of it.

20. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

A couple more that I forgot earlier. Installed a 64' T-Bird Rear Seat and a 49' Mercury Dash for a start to the interior.

Attached Files:

21. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

MichaelVz51 ,
    Your car looks so much better with the Desoto bumper. Keep up the good work.

I got the wagon back from the painters today. Now the work begins, Again....

Finish Wiring, Trim, Bumpers, Grill, Lights, Exhaust tips, Wheels and Tires, Interior, etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Thank oyu for the props Frozen Merc-You have one "Mean Green" Wagon you are building there and it has been great watching the progress as you are keeping all of us fired up with our projects. Cant wait to see yours with all the trim etc come back together!

23. The green couch is going in for interior.......now to find something else to drive daily for awhile.
    [​IMG]

24. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

rockers and floors... not much glamour here....

Attached Files:

25. '49 dashes are the best!

26. Bounder

Bounder

Having all sorts of trouble with my motor mounts. Ordered the kit from Butch's, tacked the mounts to the frame and set the motor in and the mounts were a 1 1/2 inch to narrow. After some head scratching and looking, I called Terry at Butch's, told him what I had and the problem, he said he had some discontinued pieces that were longer by 3/4 inch. Talked to him at 4:00 pm yesterday and at 10:00 this morning the pieces were here. Plus a Butch's Cool Stuff t-shirt. Seems my mercury may have come from Canada and the frame rails are 1 1/2 inch wider. Anybody had this problem?
    Anyhow many thanks to Terry for being so quick. Great man to deal with.

27. redroaddog

redroaddog

kool merc!!!! nice mouse condo in the rocker:eek:

28. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

That damn mouse ate some of everything! There was a hole in every single section of each seat.. And the plug wires were chewed away too. The heater ducts were just as full as this rocker.

29. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I've never read or heard that Canadian '49-'51 Mercury frames were different than USA Mercury frames. You '50 Merc appears to be an American car, not a Canadian Mercury Monarch. Check your vin to see where it was built. Was your car ever in an accident? Have you checked frame dimensions to the Service Manual dimensions?

30. Bounder

Bounder

Well Doc the vin on the title letter for assembly plant doesn't seem to match anything. sat we will find the vin on the frame. It's suppose to be on the right side on top of the frame rail next to the firewall. Haven't found it yet but we're going to look again. This whole engine change has gone wrong. I'm ready to get it over with.
    Thanks for the the reply.