Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hot Rods To Hell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 17, 2014.

1. aircoup

aircoup

Does anyone remember a movie where a yellow56 nomad terrorizes a upscale neighborhood?

2. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

"Outrage" starring Robert Culp. Look for Larry Watson's wicked Ranchero as well. Love it!!!

3. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Back to subject, any info on the gasser vette or 56 chevy in Hot Rods to Hell?

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Both are probably 10" higher...

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Another I've seen only once..

6. raymay

raymay

Well this thread used up about 10 min of my life I will never get back. I remember kind of watching this movie at a drive in. Had a local one here that ran a lot of crappy B-movies but we spent a fair amount of time making out instead of paying attention to the movies.
    Might be a good one to check out again this winter. Always up for a few good laughs.

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just about the peak of social norms that made hot rods and their builders the scourge of mankind. The funny thing is how the OEMs were gaining big ground by selling fast cars on TV and every other venue they could exploit during the same period. I don't know about the rest of the country but watching a real nat'l event drag race on TV was rare. You never heard sports casters mention it unless someone was killed, and the same with the sports section in the newspapers.

The movie? A laugh a minute! Who the hell treats their cars like that? What was the "end game" in all those highway shenanigans? An American version of "Mad Max" almost a dozen years sooner, running on the highways for the sake of running on the highways. DOH!!!

8. I occasionally will watch some of those campy b-movies from the 60's. HRtH was on TV late one night a couple of years ago. I made it about 40 minutes into it and had to turn it off. I could feel & hear my brain cells dying... shame as anything with pretty girls and cool cars will usually keep my attention. Not that time...

9. autobilly

autobilly

Hey Boss, haven't you highlighted this movie once on here before?
    Busy today or not, surely once is enough in this case.:p

10. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I agree. Is this the death rattle of J.J.? I hope not!

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great scenery. Was it filmed in Joshua Tree?

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

We must have grown up in the same era. ABC's Wide World of Sports, would give gear heads a treat. But it was only when a Golf Tournament or Tennis match was rained out. And even then, it was a replay of a race that happened 4 months prior.

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel bad for you that you grew up...:cool: :D:D

I was 10 when it was released but saw it on TV a couple years later. I remember my dear departed parents making fun of Dana Andrews' acting and Dad thought it was silly that those "hot rods" sounded like wimpy sportscars.

14. slack

slack

........and this is exactly why I've never watched "Fast and Furious." (and it was not "pain free" as promised.):(

15. To me that movie was awesome when it came out on TV! Loved every minute of it as 12 yr old. About 10 or so yrs ago I bought it and man it sucked! LOL. I was better off to have left it as a great childhood memory

16. YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobwop likes this.
  17. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Dana Andrews had a drinking problem that led him into this movie. He was a damn good actor in his day...but he followed the bottle into Hot Rods to Hell....however, both the Mom and daughter were pretty hot. and of course the slutty corvette girl too...

18. flamingokid

flamingokid

slack likes this.
  19. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Looks good to me!.....the only problem is it looks like the blonde is the only one sharing the booty!......where can I get a copy!.......seriously though that would be a cool thread, a list of hotrod movies and there availability ...how about it?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

21. Zerk

Zerk

Exactly! The idea of a Corvette menacing that tank of a '61 Plymouth is ridiculous. Hell, if that 318A just bogged or misfired at the wrong moment it'd probably take out a couple of those cars.

22. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

The original short story, "52 Miles to Terror", was pretty good. It was (IIRC) kind of like Duel in that it's all set on the highway and the driver never sees the kids in the hot rod until the end.
    Kinda fun to watch, to see Laurie Mock and Jeanne Crain having an overacting contest:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :eek::D
    Might have been a more interesting ending if the two guys in the Vette had gotten splattered in the wreck, the cop assuming it was their own damn fault and waving Dana Andrews and his family on their way, and Dana looking conflicted about what he'd done - but then this movie tossed subtlety out the window with the opening credits...
    (images from lecinemadreams.blogspot.com)

23. Im ashamed to say that as many times as Ive seen the movie I never noticed the smokescreen that followed that damn Vette! I did enjoy the movie tho...too young at the time to know any better I suppose lol

24. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Dorothy Malone.jpg jeannecrain90.jpg Jeanne-Crain.jpg

Try watching the original "The Fast and The Furious" with Dorothy Malone. It's a pretty good movie. Plus she's pretty good, too. SWEET!!!

Yeah....Jennie Crain is mighty fine, as well. WOW!!!

By the way.....Yeah...."Hot Rods To Hell" is a pretty bad movie, but I like it anyway......."What kind of animals are they" LOL

slack likes this.
  25. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I've watched it 3 times. Still better than any auto related show on cable t.v.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. Eric H

Eric H

I always liked that band that plays in the bar.

27. That chick in the Corvette is perty good looking....

28. Yea, as someone mentioned earlier this movie reminds me of Duel With Dennis Weaver. Over the top panic!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! LOL
    -Pat

29. there are a lot of things that seamed better when we were kids.....amusement rides, little [not any more] Suzy down the block, kaboom cereal........

ct1932ford likes this.