Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Orthodontic Office

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, Apr 4, 2011.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Well done! The building is cool enough to host cruise nights. Thanks for posting.

3. Wow that is way cool, and I thought my kids orthodontist had a cool office when I saw his huge aquarium but this beats a bunch of fish any day:D:D

4. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

5. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

That makes me want to go to the dentist!

6. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

if i had a dentist like you when i was a kid i probly wouldnt have dentures today.nice,real nice.

7. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I was lookin' in the mirror this morning.. and I noticed my teeth are a little crooked. Can I schedule an appointment?

8. 8-Track

8-Track

9. borntowrench

borntowrench

Very cool! Hey Doc, my kid needs braces, can ya make him a set that looks like '40 Ford bumpers?:D

10. Way to go....that is fantastic!!!!

11. Mark68

Mark68

Hats off to you sir, i went thru 9 years of having braces on/off and they didn' even have a cute assistant to look at let alone what you have done to your office :eek::D:D

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

I was just telling my wife about your clinic yesterday, as she is a Dental Assistant.

Do the girls dress up like Sandra Dee? Put 'em all on roller skates too!

Great job.

13. The interior and floor planning was done by a company that specializes in orthodontic office design (Green Curve Design). While the original concept and the look of the facades was my idea, they made it work. The outside was done by a local architectural firm. I told them the look I was going for, and this was their first draft. I saw the initial concept drawing and I said, "Build that!"

Hey Buck, how you doing? I sent Augie an email this morning telling him I had new pictures up. Will you be going to the Stray Kat and Eureka, too? I gutted my Merc this weekend, so I will just be a spectator. :(

So far as tours, see Duncan's post below yours. He is my full time tour guide. LOL. But, yes, the space under the awning where the Merc is in the picture was actually the idea of the architect thinking it would add interest to have that space just to park whatever old heap I drive to work in.

Duncan Cox: Pastor, family man, good friend and tour guide. Sorry, that doesn't all fit on a little badge for your official vest, though. ;)

Actually, we are a beta tester for a new office management program geared just towards orthodontists. Our billing and appointment schedule is a bit different than a regular dental office, so we have had troubles getting dental software to jive in the past. But, yes, we run all Macs...I love computers that work. :D

Sure! We'd love to have you. But, Nebraska is a smidge far to travel once a month for your adjustment. LOL

14. No, they don't. But, they all did want matching mechanics overalls for the open house. LOL Roller skates a bad idea...my staff is all over the age of 40. I'd hate to think about the workman's comp claim on a broken hip! LOL

15. looks like a road trip that is great

16. bluestang67

bluestang67

I need a new Dentist move up here you are well diverse in the trade .

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  17. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Looks like I need to think about changing dentists, Conway is not that far.

18. Awesome, awesome, awesome....Maybe I shoulda went to Med School and took over my grandfather's practice?!?!? :confused:
    Thank you for spreading the gospel of all things automotive to your patients!

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

You need to quit fooling around with teeth and just go into design full time. Great job! Fantastic!

20. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

That is awsome ! Hopefully will inspire MANY younsters into the great world of old cars.

21. duck279

duck279
    from SC

I would have actually enjoyed it if that was my doc. Thats freaking cooooool!!!!!!!!!!!

22. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I'm sure you did this for your own pleasure. But, I admire that you are giving back a lot for the amusement and pleasure of your patients.

23. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

So cool very nice work.

24. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

I want braces.

25. What can you say that hasnt already been said.....WOW!
    Your'll get an influx of hamb hoodlums in for work now....lol.

26. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

27. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

That's amazing! Best of luck!

28. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I'll come out and paint some murals around for you!

29. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Dr. Dave,

I was impressed with your work when we conversed on the uph group. Now that I see the building, the way it is all incorporated, and the stories behind it all - WOW! I am truly amazed and impressed with your vision, talent, hard work and above all else - your attitude. A great job by you and all involved. Congratulations.

Jake

30. LEAD KING

LEAD KING

If you lived closer I would knock out all my teeth!