Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hauling Trailer Stole from my Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racinman, Nov 18, 2014.

1. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I was hoping that you would have got it back by now......sorry man.

racinman likes this.
  2. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Raised the reward to $1000.00

3. Rick,I sure hope someone helps locate the trailer,as far as I'm concerned if I discovered it's location you could keep the reward. HRP

4. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

for the evening crowd! Thanks

5. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Reward? I'd settle for first shot!

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

7. Sorry man hope you get it back!

8. Here is a larger image of the suspect tow vehicle that made off with the trailer ....

[​IMG]

Jim

racinman likes this.
  9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

BTTT for the Monday morning crowd.

Please keep a eye out fellas for my buddy Rick.

racinman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. I'll keep an eye out at the Turkey Run for the car or the trailer this weekend. You never know. Keep the heat on them. One of the bike shops down here had their trailer stolen and it was eventually dumped with a stolen car inside.

racinman likes this.
  11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It looks to be a 2004-2006 Expedition, Eddie Bauer model. The E B models would have a 5.4 w/ tow package, running boards and two-tone paint. Standard Expeditions as far as I know were not offered in two-tone. I have a 2000 EB and the taillight shape changed in 2004. The 2007's up had the same shape taillights BUT had a large "Expedition" nameplate on the side, so this looks to be a 04-06.

The Expedition looks to have;
    20" aftermarket wheels.
    Possibly chrome (aftermarket) door handles.
    Clear (aftermarket) taillight lenses.
    Possibly side front window tint (to match factory back door and quarter tint).

I'm building up a 90's Chevy 1/2 ton with/for my 15 year old in a CA sport truck style, and as much research as I've done on the subject matter it would indicate the Expedition is clearly built "Ghetto" style.
    Big wheels w/o lowering the vehicle, clear lenses and chrome handles all scream Ghetto style.

My crystal ball says someone came from out of the area (your town is small) to case/steal a trailer to use as a meth or shine lab. Probably in the woods or a warehouse being used as a lab. Car probably dumped. The ax used indicates desperate crudeness and rural rather than inner city tool which would be more refined (and quiet) tools such as bolt cutters, etc.

Maybe keep an eye on surrounding Craigslist ads (Atlanta, etc.)for a while in hopes they list the easlily I.D.'d Expedition for sale or unload the clear tail lights or wheels in an attempt to return it to stock (if they fear they were seen).
    The black w/ tan trim is a very seldom seen color combo.
    Maybe take a drive through some local; rural areas in hopes of spotting the truck.

12. ^^ TRUE DETECTIVE ^^

Jim

13. I'd get pictures of that car to every scrapyard I could find.

Because it's apart and not pretty, I would expect that whether the thieves dump it any old place or take it in themselves, that's where it's going to land next.

racinman likes this.
  14. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I will watch out in north Alabama. I can never forget that trailer, after seeing it come down my drive way. This sort of action is what causes me to believe in retroactive birth control.

15. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Bill... Kind of hard to hide something this size... 32' inside the box, triple axle, Aluminum wheels.

16. bump.....

racinman likes this.
  17. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Check w local motorcycle drag racers. A lot of this type stuff goes on in that community

racinman likes this.
  18. Damn....hoping reality turns better then this spin. I keep checking back for good news. Surely thieves are not the smartest of sorts.....and I pray for the mis-steps to show sooner then later for you.....the car.....and the trailer. Good luck man.

racinman likes this.
  19. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Kid! Hopefully it will show up... somebody will see it!

20. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

BUMPERUH for Rick, Gary:(

21. Bump for Friday. Im keeping an eye out in Daytona.

racinman likes this.
  22. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

sorry for yer loss pardner, if it comes up in front of me it'll BE on my windshield cam and 911 will be my first call after the vehicle pullin it develops a coupla flat tires ;)

racinman likes this.
  23. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Highwayman! I went out today cruising around thru the upstate and some of GA... hoping to see the thieves Expedition... and looking around places for the trailer... just hope it has not been chopped up for the metal!

24. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I found out today that a local landscaping equipment company had been hit and a trailer and a load of new lawn tractors had been stolen by a 2 guys in a vehicle matching the one that hooked to my enclosed car trailer... so Im hoping the heat will turn up some more and catch these scumbags! Thanks everyone that has passed this along!

25. stimpy

stimpy

do you have a local overseas shipping port near by??? if so I would pay a little visit to the customs officers and have a talk with them and tell them . as this sounds like the operation that was going on around my ways a few years back were they were stealing the stuff and selling it overseas ( part of the Russian mob ) , stuff like this goes for a good price in the baltic region of the former USSR . one of the cars turned up in Saudi . the trailers the theives were either cutting them up for scrap or burned them or abandoned them after the wares have been taken . and they shopped for there stuff too .

my buddys body shop was hit and they took 2 cars one was a firebird , the other was a late 70's 2 door olds cutlass , they found both in a container ready to be taken to the rail yard bound for Poland ( they packed stuff around and behind the cars so they were not seen when they inspected it .

after that we upped the survaliance with more cameras and 2 real good cameras and several large IR lights that light the property up like daylight on the monitor ( the camera mounted ones are a joke ) , but the 150 w MV yard light is all that lights it up to normal people . and one camera was set up at waist level hidden in a area that the plates were caught as it was near the street pointing back at the building and also you could see the faces better than when mounted high . he spent $1000+ putting the system together but it has saved him $$$$ over the years with catching theives and getting his stuff back . and when you install it ( do not have outsiders do the work ) do not mention your set up or let anyone see it or the monitors .

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    racinman likes this.
    • BTTT still hoping to read that you have recovered your property I hate thieves Jim

racinman likes this.
  26. Closest port is Charleston,South Carolina about 4 hours away.

Several members in and around Charleston have spoken up in this thread and keeping their eyes open in that area. HRP

27. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

sure hope this shows up rick, keeping an eye out indiana , chicago area. good luck to ya, ass whooping in order if ya find them on a back road.

28. stimpy

stimpy

I just google where your at . but for us it was a railport they were shipping it to the east coast , but 4 hours by truck isn't a hard thing to do . but they more than likely would drop it at a rail port like Atlanta or some other major town to keep away from it if it gets inspected . that truck that was described was like the ones they busted here in the windy , the eastern block guys love them .

29. That analogy makes sense,we are close to the Georgia line and at that time of the morning few people would have noticed anything strange. HRP