Register now to get rid of these ads!

home made tools and equipment...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Good looking tool Ron

2. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I'm hoping I'll never say these words to any man.

3. bjinatj

bjinatj

LOL, i thought it too...

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Not a tool so to speak, but it sure does make things easier around the garage. My welder/plasma cart. I scrounged all the materials from the scrap bin at work except the cabinet. The drawer holds clamps, a few hammers etc, and the cabinet holds my grinder, reciprocating saw, and extension cords. Extra space in the back is for an argon bottle for the spoolgun. I still need to add some sort of cord management, but for now it does the job well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. True. I stepped in that steaming pile of dog doo:eek:

6. bjinatj

bjinatj

This I like...

7. Jim Stabe

Jim Stabe

On the subject of welding carts, my 40 year old homemade gas welding bottle cart was becoming a pain because the bottles were side by side. To save space along the wall I always slid it in sideways but that meant that I had to wiggle it out before I could roll it around. That was fine when I was in my 20's but I was getting sick of it now. My new cart mounts the bottles fore and aft so it rolls in and out from the wall. The handle and the front cylinder retainer (the black pieces) are hinged at the bottom so the cylinders are easy to get in and out. When they are swung up they lock the cylinder in place with chain and turnbuckles, very solid.

I can't believe I put up with the old one for 40 years.

Welding tank cart 001.jpg

Welding tank cart 002.jpg

Welding tank cart 003.jpg

Welding tank cart 004.jpg

Welding tank cart 005.jpg

8. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Nicely done, I may have to build one of those myself.

9. My welding cart has lasted 40 years also, That"s a great cart. Would like to build one like your cart. But I have to Many other things I need to do !!

10. rodl

rodl

I used to have a piggy back trolley like yours many years ago when I worked as a plumber & gasfitter in the construction industry. Not as hi tech as yours, made out of 3/4" water pipe and I fitted wheels from a mini minor - made it really easy to get over rough ground.
    RodL

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  11. rodl

rodl

Here's a pretty simple but very handy sanding tool my brother designed years ago.You can use the whole sheet of paper without any waste.It takes a 1/2 sheet production paper which is rolled on lengthwise and held in place by masking tape. Use with a backwards & forwards rubbing motion or twist wrist in curved sections. It's 11/2" diameter and 91/2" long. This one is made from polypropylene rod, but you could use a curtain rod of the same diameter.
    RodL :)

Attached Files:

12. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

waiting for it...

13. Weird A

Weird A

multi use ^ the Wife hates when I use her Tools in the garage!:eek:

14. rodl

rodl

Interesting to see your comments guys -:D the very same reason why the sander didn't sell! In his wisdom my brother thought that if he just made it plain, guys would make their own after seeing it, and he'd miss out on a sale! The brand name Septer Tool Co. = Septer is a medical term for bone:eek: The rebated section for the brand name decal looks just like he wanted it to.:rolleyes:The other end was also rebated so you could take caps off beer bottles - before the twist top was invented.;) So a really useful money saving sander went to waste!
    ps My wife never needed anything other than me :cool:
    RodL

15. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I think you should do a video on how it's properly used to clear up any misconceptions.

16. rodl

rodl

do you mean the sander or what?:eek:
    BTW is Wisconsin cold and icy like the other 2 guys locations - just curious:D
    RodL

17. Just curious here. Humor me.
    Why do people stick their name at the end of every post?
    Can't think of any reason for it especially if the same as their username.

18. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

It's cold or hot and humid with misquoes the size of Humming Birds. Right now it's cold and windy.

Just out habbit, I'd guess. But it doesn't hurt and it helps when answering a question or asking one to know the person's name.

19. rodl

rodl

Hey, LIFESTYLZ, I guess you're talking to me. Thanks for pointing it out. Rodl was my original signature - been called that since late 60's and some other names :D. When I picked up a 41 Poncho last year I decided to change it to 41Poncho -to match the avatar. I use it on other sites as well. I've never noticed that it had 'reverted' possibly during the time of the 'bug' a few months back!
    As for signing off - some old habits die hard - I thought it was a courtesy!

rytang likes this.
  20. I treat posting like a form of communication - which is exactly what it is. I do the same with a letter or e-mail as that's what you're supposed to do when you communicate via any form of writing.

Now, humor me - why do think there is no reason for it?

Steve

rytang likes this.
  21. joel torres

joel torres

lets get back to the tools.

sincerely-yours truly-love,peace and chicken grease
    Joel Torres

22. It just seems like introducing yourself every time you talk.
    That doesn't happen in the real world.
    Forums are not like emails and letters.
    JM2CW. :)

23. gerry miller

gerry miller

Thanks, To all who contributed to these kicken posts. Great ideas with American ingenuity. Filled up My pictures.

24. I agree..and shame on you folks who are crapping on this thread with this bullshit about names.

25. My favorite thread! Oh, and 41 Poncho (Rodl), check my avitar. Look familiar?

26. joel torres

joel torres

anyone make a roller setup like 35" long
    i made this to give me a better idea on what i want to accomplish now i have tomake a mechanical version but as simple as possible
    [​IMG]

27. chevy3755

chevy3755

i agree adjustable.......

28. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

very useful thread ! :eek: thanks a lot guys, i might be able to use one or two ! :D

29. rodl

rodl

Wrong forum I know, but aren't you the lucky one - Torpedo Streamliner Coupe:cool:, whereas mines only a Torpedo 2 dr Sedan!:)
    41 Poncho

30. woah spent ages going through this thread... now i'll spend ages making new tools... thanks guys!! Aaron