Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects High Noon Speed Shop Rolls Out It's New 32 Coupe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Feb 8, 2014.

1. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

I wanted to take a moment to unveil this post war- old school style 1932 coupe to the HAMB family first. Many of you have been a part of this two-year build without even knowing it. I can’t tell you how many times I would search for answers and help right here and want to thank all of you first for all your technical information. I also want to thank Ryan Cochran and Jeff Norwell for all their excellent work and recent words of encouragement on my project.
    When time permits, I’ll add more information to this thread. Here are some details and a mention of those who helped along the way. Thanks to everyone.

This has been a two-year build for me - early almost every morning before work, high noon (our lunch time), and too many late evenings after work and almost all the weekends. It features a three-inch chop, 1955 Dodge Red Ram 270 “Baby Hemi” custom built right here with top performance parts including 10/1 Ross Racing Pistons and a custom Racer Brown Cam, custom Frank Wallic Bomber seats with old style bomber seat belts and 1957 air force shoulder harnesses, vintage cool lights front & back, custom four point tucked in roll bar, Classic Instrument Bomber Gauges and a working WWII eight day clock up top. However, the coolest part is a quality custom built vintage style guitar to match the Dodge Red Ram “Baby Hemi” that my very good friend and lead mechanic, Doug Frautschy who built the engine right here, will actually play on the road at some of the shows. He has a brand new cool 1950 style amp that makes rockabilly roll!

Special thanks to:

Kenny Gollahon at Brookville Roadster - Great company and wonderful guy! Ph. 937-833-4605

Pat & Zach at Thunder Road Rod & Custom - Pat did a superb job on the chop and installed the Walden roof insert. Zach built the 32 frame, assembled the front and rear axles, which included the two side exhaust pipes through the frame in front of the rear wheels. Two great old school rodders that really know their stuff and fun to work with! Ph. 419-522-4712

Bobby at Walden Speed Shop- precision roof insert and always words of encouragement! Ph. 909-623-3747

Mike Shane at Shane Tool & Machine for machining and preparing the engine block and heads. Great old school rodder and shop! Ph. 330-339-1613

Eric at Hot Heads for many Hemi parts and help along the way! Ph. 336-352-4866

Jim Dowell at Racer Brown Cams for the custom grind on the cam. Ph. 410-866-7660

Ross Racing Pistons Ph. 800-392-7677

Coker Tires- early Firestones front and back. ph. 800-251-6336

Steve Fender at Ageless Iron Paint & Restoration- body work and paint Ph. 740-502-5454

Paul Hinkley – “The Unit” always ready to help us figure out the really tough challenges. Brought in during the 9th inning to save the day…that’s why I call him The Unit!

Last, but not least, the real mechanic (who learned a bunch from his dad) and engine builder Doug Frautschy. Doug spent many of his lunchtimes here working on the coupe and engine enduring my sandwiches, hot dogs & beans!

Hope you enjoy the story and photos!

High Noon Speed Shop

Todd A. Kindler (32 Spitfire)

“……….. a hot rod for the street that has the look and feel of one that would have raced right after the war and into the fifties…” The Rolling Bones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Nice looking coupe...

4. tedster

tedster

5. Retro61

Retro61

6. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Very Nice!!!!

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

so, it's not a real '32 Ford...is this what they call a Kit Car?

nice coupe bubba :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

OUTSTANDING job very cool looking Hot Rod!

9. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

You forgot to ask for the tire sizes :)

Nice coupe!!!!

10. ratman

ratman

Very cool car congrat's. I have a new Thunder Road Rod and Custom 32 Frame under my new project and its really well built.
    I agree those guys do great work.

11. brady1929

brady1929

Damn that is nice!

12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Nice ride.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Very nice. Props to you for giving credit where credit is due as well.

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

shit!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. I'm a little disappointed with faux patina, but it's not overdone.

16. Very nice ride....

17. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

subscribed

18. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Very nice and thanks for sharing. A three window is a great looking hot rod.

19. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks everyone for the very nice comments!

Earlier question. The tires are Firestone 5-16 on the front and 7.50-16 on the rear. This spring I would like to buy a set of vintage slicks mounted on the same style of steelie rims. Ready to put on for the drag strips. Any suggestions?

This build actually started after I finished my 32 roadster with a sweet vintage flathead. I had read several cool articles regarding the Dodge Red Ram “Baby Hemi” and really wanted to find one and start a complete build on one. I finally found several of them and told my friend, Doug, that I was ready to build an engine. Doug asked what was I going to put it in and for a while I really didn’t know. Kind of crazy way to do things but after some thought I called Kenny at Brookville and ordered a three-window coupe.

In my opinion, the Dodge Red Ram “Baby Hemi” is really a nice engine for the 32 Fords and small hot rods. It is small in size, but has that muscular Hemi look and can be built to produce some very impressive horsepower. Doug feels with this set up of the 10/1 Ross Racing pistons, hot Racer Brown Cam and the three 94’s on top we should be able to make 270 hp. What I really like is being able to cruise at reasonable speeds and still get respectable gas mileage. Our goal is to have a real fun driver that we can relax and enjoy and maybe take it down a few nostalgic drag strips too.

Thanks again and hope you enjoy the story and photos!

Todd

High Noon Speed Shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  20. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

That thing really rocks!

21. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

KILLER DEUCE. Love the lack of Chrome, etc.......

VR&C.

22. Framewelder

Framewelder

Thanks for the kind words Todd it was a pleasure to work with you!!!

23. wicarnut

wicarnut

Very Kool! John

24. jeta12

jeta12

Very Nice!!!

25. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks!

VooDoo, "Love the lack of chrome, ect....."

My goal in this build was a post war old school style with as little bling as possible. Looking back I can tell you it's hard to get away from all the chrome and stainless in original and reproduction parts that are available. I had to bead blast many shiny parts then prime and paint them.

When I picked up the body from Pat at Thunder Road Rod & Custom after he did the chop he gave me a little advise.." remember the type of look your after... less is best!" Those simple three words stuck in my mind through the entire build. However, it is a lot of extra work to pull it off!

Todd (32 Spitfire)

High Noon Speed Shop

26. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Bitch'n coupe.

27. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks a lot everyone! Will try to post a few more photos soon.

Todd (32 Spitfire)

High Noon Speed Shop

28. pumpman

pumpman

Damn nice job man.

29. pumpman

pumpman

This will be interesting.