Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HEMI Tech- INDEX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. George
    Joined: Jan 1, 2005
    Posts: 6,628


    A good welder could weld up the upper part of the crossover, or use a block off plate. The Edmunds(that I'm aware of) is made for the small port 331s. See how they match up. There are a number of problems trying to use 392 heads on a 354 block.
  2. 73RR
    Joined: Jan 29, 2007
    Posts: 5,755


    One piece intakes will not fit if you have tall deck (392) heads on a short deck (331-354) block.
    The Edmunds were made for both the small port (51-53) and big port (54) heads. Which do you have? IIRC, all Edmunds have a t-stat so you need to check port size to determine which head matches the intake. You could run the small port intake on large port heads, been done many times, just not the most efficient.
    You can still use the truck heads, there are two relatively easy solutions, but you will still have water in the manifold:
    ...Weld a tab onto the intake to cover the port.
    ...Once the heads have been cleaned, fill the top portion of the port (in the head) with Devcon or something similar.

    This discussion needs to be moved to a project thread.

  3. streetcoupe
    Joined: Feb 10, 2010
    Posts: 30


    Thanks for the feedback,. jeff

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2013 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.