Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help to ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Oct 19, 2014.

1. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I got this NOS breather at an auction yesterday. I need help to ID it though because the tab with the part# is torn off. It screws together and has a filter element inside.
    What does this fit?

I also got a NOS fender yesterday. Unfortunately it spent the last 50 or so years in a guy's barn so it is not much to look at. But the rust is not severe(no noticeable pitting) and you can tell it has never been put on a vehicle. It was marked '49-'51 Ford which is not correct. It actually looks like a '49-'51 Pontiac except that the upper molding holes don't appear to be in the right place. Thoughts?

Can anybody tell me about these 4 cyl distributors? The bigger one says Bosch but I can't find any other markings on it. The other one is a Autolite with "IG-177 cast in the underside of the body.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

It's a Pontiac - holes look like it's for a bottom of the line car ... you have two push-pull switches in an oil heater box, & the new thing ???

3. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I thought that may be. But, since I have no idea what the oil heater would look like and I don't believe I'd seen switches quite like those before, I figured I'd see what you guys thought.
    Does anybody have a picture of the oil heater that should be in this box?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  4. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Does anybody have any info about that breather or the distributors?