Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help... Im looking for good upholsty guys in your area...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Metaltwister, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

As a seat frame builder I'm always getting asked for good upholstery shops for different parts of the country. Id like to refer quality shops with a proven history. Who better to give referrals than those who have had it done. Id prefer you list a HAMB member first that you know are good, but don't not list someone that is good just because they don't know about us yet!

Referrals only, No BS Back Biting Jr. High IQ Posts Please. And there is always at least one... LOL

Thanks for the help here guys. If we could post up the locations of you interior Gurus along with a Business Name, City, and State. and any other information that may help us get to them would be greatly appreciated.

And yes I realize the word Upholstery in the title is mis spelled... Cant fix it with the new format...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    LOU WELLS likes this.
  2. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

DSCI0045.JPG This shop did the interior of my 48 Plymouth. They did a beautiful job, and I have gotten many compliments on it.
    (Those spots in the pic near the rear window are a reflection I guess...there really are no visible spots like that anywhere in the interior)
    Amie's Auto Upholstering
    8 W Butler Dr Drums, PA 18222
    (570) 788-1966

biggeorge likes this.
  3. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Walt Carrol, Stratford A1 Upholstery, Stratford, CT 203-378-4146

He's doing the interior of my '52 Plymouth at the moment, has done several seats for me in the past. Top notch work, works out of his garage, so his pricing is very reasonable.

4. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Nice... at the moment I have requests for someone in Los Angles, Dallas Fort Worth area, and Kansas City Mo. Any suggestions?

5. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Can't help with those areas but around here I'd recommend Hot Rod Interiors by Glenn.

6. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Bob,

Best guy, hands down, in our area is Paul Reichlin - Cedardale Upholstery. Mt. Vernon, WA. I talked to him about your seat frames the other week. He had never heard of you. I can give you his shop number if you PM me (or whatever we're calling it now).

uncle buck likes this.
  7. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

How about a shop in south Florida, thank you for doing this

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Where is he?

9. 46Chief

46Chief

I heard about "Downtown Willie" in Torrance CA, does anyone know if he's still stitching? Anybody else in Los Angeles who you've used recently?

10. How about Bob's Tent and Awning in Ft Morgan, CO. (109 Prospect St, Fort Morgan, CO 80701) Gene actually owns it. He is doing the interior on my Desoto and pretty reasonable. He is in a small town so don't expect the car to come home in a week...but I have seen his other work and it is great.

Grahamsc likes this.
  11. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

12. toucan

toucan
    from sc

beachbum jim !he is on the hamb and is located close to myrtle beach sc.best ive ever seen! 002(10).JPG

13. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used Independence Classics, 1114 S Fuller, Independence, MO 64050 (816-373-6211) on my '55
    Chevy. I was happy with the work and will use them again for my '37 Chevy project.

The owner is George Lafal and he is quite the character and he likes real roll/pleat. 009_2.jpg 008_2.jpg 011_2.jpg

14. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

If you live in the Carolina's and Georgia, you need to be reaching out to Beachbum Jim. His work speaks for itself. I couldn't be happier, plus he is a HAMBER to boot. ATT70596.jpg ATT46524.jpg _photo54_4e_f8_a5979f6b5b38__1350683009000.jpeg 2013-03-03 03.50.42-1.jpg

biggeorge, mike bowling and wedjim like this.
  15. Baskin's in Fresno, CA. He has been around since the 50's. Super knowledgeable about hot rodding and how hot upholstery looks.

16. How come the pleats don't line up on the back seat or is it just the photo?

17. In the OKC area, Tim Rein 405 779-9111 He's in Noble.
    Did this 1 for me in Feb, in and out in 2 weeks. Took it to him with just a Dodge Caravan seat just thrown in it, nothong else. 2014 3 winder 4 sale 006.jpg 2014 3 winder 4 sale 007.jpg 2014 3 winder 4 sale 009.jpg 2014 3 winder 4 sale 008.jpg
    Nice quality and very fair on price. Great guy to deal with

33Doll and wedjim like this.
  18. Another vote for BeachBum Jim in South Carolina. Just look at his workmanship! Great guy too! photoweb.JPG photo1web.JPG

biggeorge, wedjim and kiwijeff like this.
  19. toucan

toucan
    from sc

008.JPG more of beachbum jim.

biggeorge likes this.
  21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen cars done from Liberty Upholstery in East Rochester, NY that were absolutely beautiful. I'll be taking my '36 there for new clothes........

22. ................Looks like great work. I just wish he had put some denser foam in the seat bottom before covering it. I know.............I'm being picky but, it just drives me nuts to see a seat bottom pucker from the weight of the driver's butt. Looks like he just recovered the Caravan seat (and I get it) just wish he had addressed the pucker issue. I'm sure it's an easy fix for a good trimmer. Not trying to be a Negative Nelly so feel free to tell me to get lost.:)

23. +1 for BeachBum Jim. I've not had anything done personally but I've seen (and sat on) his work. Nice attention to the details.

24. greybeard360

greybeard360

Chris's trim in Fort Worth does some real nice work. He has done several cars for me (and Jivn Jer on the Lopez car)
    Top photo is a 56 Chevy he did the seats and door panels.
    Bottom two photos is the interior of a 40 Chevy he made the back seat, cut down a Dakota front seat, headliner, door panels and carpet. (onlt good photos I have)

f-inside.jpg 40Chevy 058.jpg 40Chevy 047.jpg

25. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

Nachos upholstery in north Hollywood, Ca...he does great work...did my seat in the 59'..(no pics)..off of victory blvd. .and the 170 fwy..

26. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

This is exactly what what I was looking for when I started this thread... Keep um coming. Im sending these frames to every city in the USA. and will use it to refer my customers to... Thanks for taking the time to do this and getting the truth out about good craftsman... THANKS

27. supervert

supervert

Mike at Highlands Upholstery in North Highlands. located in sacremento ca.
    he has done my 51 plymouth, my friends 62 falcon and is now doing my moms 72 bus.

Address: 5070 Roseville Rd, North Highlands, CA 95660
    Phone (916) 332-5218

i will post up some pics when i get a chance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    33Doll likes this.
  28. uncle buck

uncle buck

I will second Cederdale Upholstery in Mt. Vernon , WA. Top notch work from totally traditional interiors to Pebble Beach restorations. Paul is not only a great guy, but he has a vision for style and quality workmanship to back it up. He is also a member here on the H.A.M.B.

29. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

"How come the pleats don't line up on the front seat or is it just the photo?"
    Im sure its just the angle the picture was taken at.

Any more? This will be a great help to a lot of people sooner or later in their builds. Thanks again

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014