Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Hey fellas, just in case you missed it - The Rodder's Journal and The Jalopy Journal is celebrating 20 years of bringing you traditional hot rods and customs by offering you a one-year subscription to TRJ and a H.A.M.B. Alliance membership for only $75. Click here for details.

Help identify old wrenches

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe from NY, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Joe from NY

Joe from NY Member

I could use some help identifying some old wrenches i got years ago from my grandfather. One says "Ford" and the others have words forged into them? Maybe they originally came with a car.
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. barry wny

barry wny Member

I have the same Ford wrench in the first picture, pretty light duty. I think it's for adjusting model A lifters, or "tappets". Also should fit steering box adjustment locknut
  3. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint Member

HAHAHA, I like that the "light service wrench" is broken. Those are some pretty cool wrenches ya got there.
  4. VirgilHilts

VirgilHilts Member

Ford Tractors came with similar wrenches also
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Tony Martino

Tony Martino Member

HEY JOE, you want some more? I HAVE A CRAFTSMAN TOOL BOX FULL! you can have them for $20 plus shipping! There are at least 50 of them. some are really cool
    , like 2 wood handled Railroad monkeys.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid Member

The "Ford" script open end wrench is a Model T item, they beefed them up for the Model A Ford tool kits.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. 4t7flat

4t7flat Member

The wrenchs that have a Ford script on them,are very common. Ford made 13 million Model T's I think,and 4 million Model A's. Every one of those came with a tool kit. The tool kit always got saved when the car was junked. My dad had a lot of them,and so did my father inlaw. I like the wrenchs that state what item it fits ,never seen that before. Wrenchs with brand names on them other than Ford sell quickly.
  8. 69f100

69f100 Member