Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Having iPad issues? Read This.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey guys, some folks are having issues with the new site on an iPad. It's a hard problem to beat as some iPads seem to haul ass on the site and others apparently are miserably slow. Mine, unfortunately exhibits no problems at all...

In any case, if you are having issues (and only if you are having issues please) it would be huge help for us if you could fill out this questionnaire...

1. What iPad are you using? iPad 1? iPad 2? Mini? Mini retina? Or another? If you aren't sure, just give us a general idea of how old your iPad is.

2. What version of iOS are you running? If you don't know, follow the directions found here.

3. What browser are you using on your iPad - safari or something different?

4. Do you have the HAMB App installed? Amazingly, I'm told by Apple that this could effect browser performance. Just give us a yes or no.

5. Please restart your iPad using this procedure:

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Once done, does your iPad exhibit issues with the HAMB?

6. Please describe in detail what kind of issues you are having on the H.A.M.B. while using your iPad.

2. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

1. I pad 2 ...2 years old
    2. 6.1.3 (10B329)
    3. safari and chrome...H.A.M.B. currently works great on chrome....locks up on safari
    4. Yes
    5. Did the hard restart last night.

6. safari still locks up....discription..., page starts to load, blue line almost appears fully to the right. then locks up. same on wifi and 3g verizon

thank you

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My iPad 3 with current iOS is working pretty well now. It was terrible at first. I use Safari. I never cared for the app before the latest change. Should I try it now?

4. Hop2it

Hop2it

1.ipad2
    2.ios7.1.1
    3.safari
    4.yes
    5.locks up,was on ragtops real 50s hot rods thread and gave up on the thumbnail pictures opening after waiting 12 minutes. This has happened many times

5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

New iPad mini with 7.1.1 using Safari. No issues except for the fact that I cannot stay logged in. This happens on all of the Atomic sites as well as Airforums, Sprinter Vans and several others. However, no issues when I use the HAMB app on my iPhone or the iPad. Apple geeks claim it is the way the forums are structured.

6. belair

belair

1. Ipad 3 or 4.
    2. iOS 7
    3. Chrome
    4. No
    6. Is slow, and I have to sign in if I want to post something. Won't stay signed in.

7. 1. Ipad2, three years old
    2. IOS 7.1.1
    3. Safari
    4. No app used
    5. Did the restart procedure
    6. Still slow to load since the upgrade.

8. rustychevyman

rustychevyman

1) ipad 2

2) 7.1.1

3) Safari

4) yes

5) I did that

6) the web site takes forever to even open. Responds slowly and freezes up

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Back to the top...

10. iPad 1 here with the app.

Works flawlessly about 98% of the time.
    If it acts up, I just reboot and everything is right with the world again.

I like the new HAMB incidentally.

11. ryno

ryno

after we spoke about this issue with my i pad2 about 2.5 yrs old last time, it is still slow and takes for ever.
    it did seem to be better after i updated to the 7.1.1 version, but since has lapst back into sucking. i have tried a restart a few times, not helping.
    yes on the app install, although i don't use it ever.
    wi fi only, in different locations, no difference
    really slow to load any page.
    seems to be worse some day then others.

12. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

Yeah man, the app is awesome .

13. Ipad , it is old,first year out, but still works fine every where else.
    Safari browser
    Downloaded APP, it works better but it is still does not work as well as it used to.
    I am not on here as much as I used to, so I dont know if the rules changed. Most of the time in the Classifieds section the prices dont come up with the ad like they used to.
    Loading of images take a long time, I usually dont wait and move on. The site works fine on my desktop, but I dont have time to sit down at my computer to browse sites very often.

14. Ipad 3
    Ver 7.1.1
    Safari
    No hamb app
    Restart as described
    Still does the same issues, hamb tries to load, hangs up then loads only certain sections, cant scroll until the whole page is loaded.

Also does this on the main jalopyjournal page.

UPDATE, i tried the restart a second time and now it loading way better.

15. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell me what is so great about the app? I just run the site on Safari. It seems faster and you can do EVERYTHING on the site. You have very limited functionality on the app, it appears.

I could be wrong. If I am, please tell me because I use my ipad all the time.

16. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

In hamb app.....One thing I've been noticing is when you click on a picture it takes forever too load so too speed it up do this.
    Click on picture then close out on picture then click it again and it should pull up right away
    That's been working for me .
    The only other thing is some time the hamb app crashes every once in a while

Posted from Austinrod

17. catfishdog

catfishdog
    from Miami

The app is organized in a way that makes since to me, yes when you are looking at the classifieds you might have to jump to the website to view the prices and if you use social groups I have not figured out how find them on the app, if you like the browser no need for you to change, it's your call man, the app is free and if you don't like it you can always delete it. I find it useful, maybe because I am on my phone most of the time and they have a similar look and feel

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Only if you are on an ipad that needs an oil change. So far, I've been hugely impressed with xenforo.

I'm working on this ipad issue fellas.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ok guys. You might restart your iPads again. We've made a lot of changes aimed at improving mobile performance.

20. The iPad froze while I was trying to reply so off to my iPhone / App.
    iPad 2
    Was running an earlier iOS but just updated this week to 7
    No app on iPad
    Usually safari
    Have restarted multiple times
    If I expand to look at a pic or something it will lock into that zoomed area and won't move. Pages load for minutes. Pictures load very slow.

Thanks for working on this issue- I was getting pissed at the tablet but good to know its not just me.

Posted using my chicken and 2 cigs

21. Works a lot better. Thanks

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We still have some issues, but I think we are headed in the right direction now.

23. Andy

Andy

My Mac will still not let me post a pic. It freezes up and I have to force quit.

24. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. I updated my IOS (7.1.2) and now it hangs up when I try to post a new thread. That's probably the reason for so many duplicate posts showing up. I wish I hadn't upgraded. It was working ok on 7.1.1.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We are def. having an issue with iOS, but it should actually be better in 7.1.2. Try completely restarting your ipad.

26. belair

belair

I still have to sign in every time I leave the site and come back. Other than that, I don't have any more issues.