Register now to get rid of these ads!

Haunted cars ......from the grave to life.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Oct 3, 2009.

1. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Me too!:D

2. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Sounds like a road trip is in the offing. I do know of a road called Haunted House Road somewhere east of Madison. (I think)

3. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I never owned this car, but almost did. This was back in 1995.

It was a '69 Torino, ivy gold with a white interior. It was a 4 door, and I saw it advertised for a long time in the auto trader here in Portland. I would occasionally see it at Swap meets for sale. This went on & off for over 2 years. I had actually walked around the car and looked it over once at the Hillsboro All Ford Show & Swap. It was really clean, and looked almost brand new. It stated on the sign that it had 26,000 original miles and it looked it.

I finally asked about the car, and the owner talked it up pretty well, and things went well until I asked him how many owners it had. He got kind of weird about it, and said "uh...9."

To me, 9 owners is kind of alot for a car with hardly any miles on it. I asked if this thing was a factory lemon, thinking it had low miles because it was always broken down. He asked me if I was really interested, I said "I always see the car for sale and wondered why nobody would buy it, and that I probably was not going to buy it." This is when he told me the story:

The car was bought by an older couple brand new. Shortly after buying it, the couple went on a trip to the Oregon Coast and were following a large commercial truck. Sometime during their drive, something from the truck in front of them had fallen off, and started bouncing toward the car. The large metal chunk bounced right through the passenger side windshield struck the wife in the head, killing her instantly.

The insurance company fixed the windshield, and replaced the interior of the car. But the husband didn't want the car anymore and sold it. This is where it gets creepy, because the guy tells me that in the 2 years he has owned it, he has had to replace the windshield 4 times. Each time he would find the RH side of the windshield smashed in almost the same place. not cracked, but smashed. He didn't even have to be driving it. He'd go out in the garage and it would be broken. He also says that when driving it with his wife sitting next to him, the wife always gets a headache and doesn't want to be in it. They would also sometimes smell this really strong perfume smell that he described as "stuff my Grandma would wear".

He says he contacted the person he bought it from, and they told him that they experienced the same thing while they owned the car, and would relay the story to him about the original owners and the death associated withthe car. All the problems were the same from owner to owner. All of the owners kept the car for about 3 years, and had so sell it because of the problems.

The last time I saw it for sale it was at the Portland Swap meet in 2002. I looked at the Odometer and it had only had 1500 miles more on it since I saw it in 1995.

I wonder where that car is now?

Spooky likes this.
  4. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

my story...I lived with the Jesus People for awhile in Kankakee Illinois back in the early 70s. A brother gave me a 66 Rambler wagon with the 287 V8. I had a job delivering pizzas with it. Bought a lot of parts from the local junk yards to keep it going. One weekend, I decide to go visit my family in Milwaukee. As I'm driving through Lake Geneva, Wisconsin on HWY 180, the car just veers into the guard rail. Stuffs the fender right into the tire. You could drive it but it rubbed. Luckily a body shop is right there and they take a sawzall and removes that part of the fender that is rubbing for me. Back in Kankakee, I find a fender in the right color and even a tail light that replaced the one that was cracked. A week later, I decide to drive the Rambler to St. Pete, Florida where a lot of the people from the Kankakee House went to. Somewhere along the way, I pick up some hitch hikers and the guy is sitting up front with his feet on the dash. I'm rather upset at this and tell him to get his nasty feet off the dash. He refuses and argues with me. I'm slowing down and preparing to get these people out of my car. He wants to fight and his chick is egging him on. All of a sudden the car just accelerates down the road with no influence on my part. I stab at the brakes and get nothing. Going down this hill in Georgia, I see an intersection coming up and the light is red. There is a funeral cortege going through. I steer the car into the shallow ditch, come to the cross street, up onto the pavement I go and neatly slot between the lead coach and the car behind it. Steering back onto the roadway and finally the brakes work and we stop. The guy and his chick are as white as ghosts! They just can't get out of that car fast enough. so, I finally get to St. Pete and I run out of gas and I have no money left. I'm in the black part of town, at night, a white kid with a dead car. A guy rolls up in a old 50s caddy, opens his window and sez, "Hi, ya need help?" I sez I ran out of gas and I ain't got no money. He sez "hop in and I'll get you some gas" He introduces himself as Reverend Speights, pastor of the Church Of God In Christ on the corner. I see the church and I'm thinking pretty cool to get picked up by a pastor. We get the gas and he takes me back to the car. He sez "Goodbye and praise God, son". I get the car started and head to the Jesus commune I was looking for. The next day, I look up the number of the church and call to thank the pastor for helping me out. The lady on the other end asks who I wish to speak to and I sez Reverend Speights. I get silence on the other end. After a few seconds I get, "Who do you want to talk to?" Rev Speights, he helped me when I ran out of gas last night. The lady sez "I don't know who you got help from but Rev. Speights passed on to glory ten years ago" Now I'm silent. I finally say "No way, he picked me up inna old blue Caddy" The lady sez "yes, that was his car, but he's with the Lord now" I just felt like some wind was knocked out of me. The brother that gave me the car was also in Florida and wanted it back if I would let him have it. I did give it back. About a year later he was shot and killed while running a Christian Coffee House in either Moline or Peoria, Illinois. I can't remember which. I wonder where that rambler is now? And is Rev. Speights still helping people who run out of gas?

Spooky likes this.
  5. erlomd

erlomd

Keep it coming guys...this is good stuff...it feels irie getting in my car at night now. AWESOME!

6. norton58

norton58

Lordairgtr, that sounds a lot like a tale Telly Savalas swore occurred to him when he was a teenager. Ran out of gas, a guy in a Caddy picked him up, lent him a dollar, and wrote his address on a scrap of paper for him to return the money. No incident whatsoever, in fact a very nice and gratifying encounter. The next morning Telly rings the number and gets the guy's wife. She gets angry at him because her husband has been dead for years. Telly wouldn't let it go, and in the end he and the wife met up. She brought along some letters he wrote when he was in the Army: the handwriting was identical to the address on the scrap of paper. The white suit he was wearing when Telly met him was the one he was buried in. The only anomoly was that Telly stated he had a high voice. The wife disagreed, insisting her husband had a deep voice. It turned out her husband had shot himself (suicide) by placing the gun muzzle against his throat and pulling the trigger.

This guy haunted Telly for the rest of his life, and he did relate in an interview one more anecdote (OT). He couldn't figure out why this man had picked him to haunt.

Spooky likes this.
  7. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Wow! I never heard that story. Eerie. The pastor was obviously proud of his car, cuz he talked about it like one does on the HAMB here about cars. I don't know how he died or if his car is still around. This happened in the 70s and I do remember how nice the paint was, a deep metallic blue.

8. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Another Kenosha built car I owned, a OT 78 Concord 2 door, Black paint, black interior, black vinyl half top, manual 3 speed on the floor, 232 cid six. I bought this since I also had a 76 Hornet hatch with the 304. Thought the 78 would be as nice as the 76. Nay nay, it was an evil handling car but I loved it anyway. Could not drive it over 30 mph on snow or ice as it would get all sideways. Had the thing looked at twice by a alignment shop and they could not find anything wrong. Everything was true and square. The engine smoked a bit and I had a lead on a bigger six from a Jeep, 256 cubes I think. Swapped the engine out and even put in an automatic trans. Got the trans for free. The following week I go up to my cabin near the dells and as I am walking out of the cabin the stairs give way and I hurt myself pretty bad. I can't get up and no one was anywhere. This is in the early 80s and of course no cell phone. No one around to hear me call out. I drag myself to the car and crawl inside it. Was a good thing I changed the trans as I would not have been able to drive it at all. I was able to get to a hospital in Portage and get fixed up. The week after that, I am going up to the cabin to repair the stairs. A farm truck pulls out in front of me and I hit the brakes hard, the car veers toward the ditch, I counter steer and it goes toward the other ditch and misses the farm truck narrowly. Into the corn field I go and I wrestle the car back onto the roadway. I get out to survey any damage because I swear this thing went through a barbed wire fence and got air borne. No damage, just some corn stalks in the grill. Plus the oddest thing...there was grass and weeds between the tire and wheel, but they still held air. The tires would have had to separate to allow that, no? Not so much a haunted car but one with a mean streak I think.

9. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Not really, I've had grass stuck between rim and tire when I went off the road a few times during my early driving years. I had to use a pocket knife to dig them out before my parents saw them and asked about it.:D

10. norton58

norton58

I can't say this car is haunted, but I'll relate the tale. John Godfrey Parry-Thomas was the first driver to be killed in pursuit of the LSR. "Babs" the Higham Special powered by a huge 27-litre Liberty V-12 aero-engine, took him to over 170MPH in 1926 at Pendine Sands in Wales. The car featured an open chain drive to power the rear wheels.

Parry-Thomas returned to Pendine Sands again in 1927 to regain the record which had been broken by Malcolm Campbell. Because of the high cowling of the car, Parry-Thomas had to look over the right side of the cockpit to see. During the run, the chain drive broke, the chain whipping around to cause near-decapitation to Parry-Thomas.

The car was buried there and then at Pendine Sands. In the 60's it was excavated and restored over a long period to running condition, and exists as such today.

But I still get a very cold feeling when I see any pic of that car.

Attached Files:

Spooky likes this.
  11. deto

deto

listen to Hasil Adkins "we got a date" while cruising your old ride on any unlit back road. Refrain from any pshycadelic drugs the day before cuz you're gonna trip...

I haven't been on in awhile and I'm loving this thread. Our rides have souls. Why else do we take care of them?

12. well i have 2, on is car related and one isnt.

1. This happened to my friend who was driving around with his buddy in his Jeep. They were cruising Willow through El Dorado park at about 1 in the morning. my buddy for whatever reason stops slowing down as my buddy starts feeling "weird". they then see a woman in a white nightgown in the center median and my buddies stomach drops. he said the feeling he got was like he would never be happy again. like despair. :(. he quickly mashes the gas and takes the long way home. now i know there are stories of this everywhere but i have never heard of one in this populous of a city (Long Beach).

2. i was about 7 lying in bed and my bed lies next to a window. it has always been stuck closed with the blind and curtains down. i wake up in the middle of the night one night and look up at it. Theres a goddamn skeleton floating in front of the curtain! i let out a silent scream. i could not make a noise. Then after about 10 seconds it floats backwards through the curtain. i never saw it again.

one time i thought an alien peaked its head around my door and looked at me, but i later came to the conclusion that it was probably my dad and his bald shiny head checking up on me as i slept.

oh snap. i have one more

so i used to work with this older guy named Jeff. apparently, his wife is like a medium for spirits and they come to her so she can help them get to "the other side"

i didnt believe him until he told me the stories

1. its about 9 at night, about to go to bed. his daughter says theres some lights on in the garage. turns out his flashers were on in his 67 coronet. he goes out and the switch is flipped. wife says maybe a mouse or a rat hit it when it was crawling around. not possible because its one of those safety type racing switches, the cover was pulled up.

2. he would see black or dark clouds at the foot of his bed sometimes

3. his dog barks at nothing.

weird stuff happens everyday, its all about how we deal with it.

happy halloween

Spooky likes this.
  13. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Some of this stuff is krazzy

14. tin_indians

tin_indians

This is SOOO perfect for this thread.

So heres a picture.......

Remember the first picture as you look at the second picture.....

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/Rick65Cat/1954 Pontiac Hearse/evil.jpg

Now....second picture

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/Rick65Cat/1954 Pontiac Hearse/Heresheis.jpg

My baby...
    Working on it at my buddies acreage at night all alone there in the country with the nearest neighbour 2 miles away....when I leave, I always pat her fender and tell her I'll do right by her.

Spooky likes this.
  15. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

16. I was born on friday the 13th live in the 13th county of my state n on the 13th page! Bad luck i think not! Very cool thread! lol!

17. I don't know if this qualifies as haunted but I have owned my '53 Chevy Bel-Air for over 10 yrs (Salvage Yard Rescue). Nothing initially signaled any problems other than the car needed a complete overhaul. After the car was road ready 1.5 yrs later and I started offering rides to family and friends the car would in essence misbehave. It would either not run right, stall, or have random mechanical issues. The funny thing is that if I'm taking the car out by myself nothing ever seems to happen unless I initiated it. I usually travel more than twice the distance and at times faster speeds and never have a hiccup. It almost feels like the movie "Christine" with the car being obsessed with one owner. Its strange but till this day it still acts up with other people riding with me.

18. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

I read a story years ago about a truck driver:

This took place sometime in the mid-1960s. He was traveling along a lonely stretch of highway in the midwest. It was late, around 2 AM. And he was dead-tired, trying to stay awake. He was a seasoned trucker, and had been doing it for years. Anyway, he is trying his hardest to stay awake. The trucker glanced at his radio, then looked up to see in horror that he was barreling up on what appeared to be a model-T roadster right in front of him. It had a dim, single tail lamp since it was a 6v system, and he could make out a driver and passenger. Reacting quickly, he downshifted and hit the brakes, but it was too late. There was a loud crash of crumpled metal and broken glass and sparks and the truck shook violently as he rear ended the roadster and drove over it with his tractor and trailer.

Horrified, he pulled over to assess the wreckage. What the hell was somebody doing driving a car like that on a highway at this time of night?

He turned to look after stepping out of the cab, and saw nothing. No car parts, no wreckage, no bodies...nothing. Visibly shaken, he drove to the next truck stop for some coffee and to collect his thoughts.

One of the other truckers was at the corner of the counter asked him if he was OK, he looked bothered.

"I need some coffee, I think I fell asleep while driving and dreamt that I ran over a model T on the highway."

He other trucker grinned and replied, "That car has been getting hit on that stretch of road for over thirty years. A newly wed couple got killed by a truck on that very spot in 1933. We hear that story here very often, believe it or not."

My personal experiences are as follows:

I take care of my vehicles. More often than I care to know, every time I sell a vehicle it acts up to the perspective buyer, from not starting, making odd noises, whatever. It seems to odd to have a car that runs like a Swiss watch only for it to have problems to a buyer.

A non-car related experience would be the house I moved into when I was 10. My folks bought a huge ranch house in a well-to-do neighborhood from the original owner, a widower. At the time, the whole house had been closed off (5,000 sq. ft. house) and he essentially lived in the kitchen and slept in the living room. It needed a lot of work so they bought it cheaply.

Anyhow. Weird things happened there. One night everyone was in bed and I heard someone stomping/running down the hall. The doorbell rang and EVERYONE awoke to loud noises. When we all came out to the hall, all the pictures in the hall had fell off the walls and there was no one to be found, inside or out. Everyone was in bed and saw nothing.

Another incident, my father was away and traveled a lot. It was a weeknight, maybe 9 PM. My mother, myself and my brother were in the living room when we heard this horrible banging noise downstairs, like someone hitting a metal drum with a hammer. Bam, bam, bam! I though it was the furnace, so I went downstairs. As soon as I would get close to the cellar door it would stop. I went down and found nothing, the furnace was fine, and there was nothing down there that could make that noise. I sat down and it began again, for 20 minutes. It would would get louder and softer, but was consistent. My mother was going to lose it so I called a family friend to check it out. I stopped 10 minutes before he got there and we found nothing out of the ordinary or anyone downstairs.

Finally, others accounts of weird feelings in that place. Being downstairs was very uncomfortable. It was huge down there, with a library, a bar, a sauna, and a second apartment. I used to have friends over to watch movies and the like when I was 12-15 years old, we would in the apartment. Every friend I had over complained about feeling uneasy down there, some even went home early. I hated being down there by myself, and used to tear up the stairs with the light on, no way was I going to walk in the dark down there, I swear it felt like someone was right behind you or in the room with you, your skin would crawl and hair would stand on end.

The house has been sold 2-3 times since 1998 and every occupant has commented about weird happenings there, including our neighbors, who told us they felt odd there after we had moved out. The wouldn't say anything while we were living there for fear of being impolite.

I have moved several times since then and lived in 100 year old farm houses, owned a 100 year house that used to be a bookie joint and had all kinds of bad history and have never felt as bad as in that place. True story.

19. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

BTTT, Keep em coming. This is good stuff.

Spooky likes this.
  20. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

That's an awesome car. I've always loved hearses and wanted to own one.

21. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

I'll do the best I can. I grew up in Mishicot, Wisconsin which is in the Northeast part of the State, in Manitowoc county. The car and house are somewhere in the Mishicot/Francis Creek area. I remember the road being called something like Mockingbird or Songbird Lane. It was all my friends could do to talk me out of lugging that Caddy home. It was probably a '62 or '63. I really wish I hadn't listened to them.

22. grabrr

grabrr

A real good friend of mine bought a 70 Challenger R/T that had been in storage for over 25 years. It had been locked away, and had not seen the light of day, until it was removed from storage and taken to the auction. My friend was in the best of health, until he started working on this car...The car was creepy, triple Black, and the entire front end had been replaced at some time...Not long after he started working on the car, they found a mass on his kidney...about 6 months later he had passed away.
    We've all decided that something had happened to that car, that's why it had been locked away for so long...now the current owner has it locked away, the rebuild transmission didn't last a week....after my friend had died.

23. mrforddude

mrforddude

Why is it always one of those dang Mopars????

24. It Is that time of year agian Halloween 2012....

25. When i first bought my ol hearse i got more weird looks then usual n asked the people what they were looking at? They said the old man riding behind me! Ive heard this on six different times n figured he musta wanted more then one last ride! People ask me do you know how many dead people have rode in there? I tell em all of em!

26. wallyringo

wallyringo

Anyone see the episode of Happy Days when Fonzy bought a 55 Chevy from a scrap yard? It was a real mess and he was real happy to restore and cruise it. Well he starts on the car and makes lots of progress gets it running and looking cool. While working in his shop on the Chevy a fine lady walks in I forget why I think she said she was lost or stranded? and she starts to tell him how she had a 55 just like this years before. Well you know Fonzy smooth guy he charmed her and ask her out, gave her a ride home. He drops her off at her house and hes in love with this stranger. She leaves her purse in the car so the next day he goes back to the house to return the purse. He knocks on the door and a old lady answers the door saying no young woman lives here? Shes owned the house for years. Fonzy was confused but knew this was the house he drop the girl off the previous night. The old lady tells him that a young woman used to live here but she died in a car crash years before? So Fonzy goes back to his shop real confused. Starts working on the car and guess who walks in? the lady full of life and flirting with the Fonze. Hes freaked out and ask her some questions, she laughs it off, makes up a story and talks him into taking her for a drive. They get in the car and go for a drive, they pull over and start to kiss. She confesses that this is her car and she wants to be with him forever. Fonze is trying to make sense of all this while shes kissing him and a large bright light is coming right for them. He realizes hes park on railroad tracks and the door wont open, shes grabbing him trying to get him to sit still, the light gets brighter and a horn blows, he gets the window down and jumps out, a train plows into the car. BAMM. He wakes up sleeping in the car in his shop, hes freaked out and confused and decides to return the car to the scrap yard. As he leaves the shop the camera shows her purse on the seat. that was a great Halloween episode.

Spooky likes this.
  27. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Check this pic out of the 55. I captured a ghost driver behind the wheel when I was out on highway 1 outside of Big Sur this past summer! I swear that I wasn't behind the wheel! J

Attached Files:

• 1457.jpg
      1457.jpg
      File size:
      141.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    Spooky likes this.
  28. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Getting closer to halloween...lets hear some more stories!

29. BTT I love this stuff

Spooky likes this.