Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Has anyone put a '32 Ford "stock" hood ornament onto a filled Brookville shell?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjorear, Oct 30, 2014.

1. banjorear

banjorear

I have a filled Brookville shell. I know someone know makes them with a stock radiator opening, Thinking of putting a stock style '32 ornament on to my shell to make it look stock. Curious if anyone has done this. I'd like to use a rad. cap as well. I'm assuming it will work with some fitting and fab, but curious if the contours work, etc.

Thanks,

Banjo

2. ratrod0

ratrod0

No it don't work.cheaper to sale your shell and get one that has not been filled

loudbang likes this.
  3. brady1929

brady1929

Gotta ask, why?

4. ratrod0

ratrod0

it wont work because its built up (as in a hump) for the rad cap and chrome to fit. if it has been filled the hump is gone.

5. banjorear

banjorear

Because I'm really liking the look of a stock shell. I already have a Brookville and would like to have the look without spending the dough on the OEM one.

6. alchemy

alchemy

A little "hammer-hammer" and some "tap-tap" and you should be there. I can't see how they would reduce the top shape too much that you couldn't bring it back with a couple hours work.

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  7. banjorear

banjorear

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to go for it.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I can probably dig out an original casting for you to compare contours with. I don't think you need to worry about the taper in the stamping that comes up around the neck...that should be pretty well concealed by the ornament. Ever see a dechromed deuce shell that is not filled?? That riser around the cap gives an interesting look on those.

9. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Vintique shells are less than $200 on line. Maybe put the filled one on the wall? Then you can put the stainless trim bead on it too.