Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anyone install EZ Wiring Universal Windshield Wiper Kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1955Bowtie, Dec 12, 2013.

1. 1955Bowtie

1955Bowtie
    from Jasper AL

Looking for advise on install EZ wiring universal windshield wiper kit in a 1938 Chevy coupe. How did you determine where to install the wiper transmissions, what wiper arms were used? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I looked up the EZ wiring kit online and it looks like the same setup as the Specialty Power Windows kit that I used in my 38 Chevy coupe. Specialty sells some bezels to use on 37 and 38 Chevys. Below is a pic of them from their website. I used some after market angled wiper arms.

Attached Files:

4. 1955Bowtie

1955Bowtie
    from Jasper AL

TO Lobucrod thanks for the information, but how did you determine where to install the wiper transmissions & would you happened to have a temple or a close-up picture of them on your car? Thanks again

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I am assuming by the wiper transmissions you are referring to the parts that the wipers attach to. The bezels in the picture fit in the original holes in the cowl that the factory transmissions were in. Now if you are referring to the electric motor part of the kit I mounted it on the far right side of the inside of the cowl behind and to the right of the glove box.

6. 1955Bowtie

1955Bowtie
    from Jasper AL

The part the wiper fits on. The holes on my cowl have been filled in I was hoping someone else had make modify from original location.

7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

EZ is a knock off of the better guality Specialty wipers, in form only. You can mount them most anywhere because of the built in versatility of the kit, keeping in mind they don't like more than a 3" radius on the tubing. Make sure you have room for the wiper tranny on the other side of the hole you punch...................

8. scott51

scott51

If you're looking to save some coin, might want to check out the lucas cable driven setups that came standard on many british cars (essentially what these kits are based on)

NZ, Australian and UK rodders have been using them for ever.

Flat Ernie did a great tech article on his install:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325421

9. I have just finished installing the EZ Wiring wiper kit in my 1940 Pontiac. I put them above the windshield because there just wasn't room under the dash with defroster vents (and too damn hard to get to). Looks cool and works great. Problem is I just got wiper arms and blades from Speedway and the splined wiper knurls do not fit onto the transmission shafts. The holes are too small. They say the arm adapters fit 1/4" shafts, but the holes are only 7/32". Oddly, the shafts on the EZ kit are slightly over 1/4". Does anyone know if the EZ kit uses oddball size shafts? All adapters I can find say for 1/4" shafts and 1/2" arms. Oddly (#2), the knurled adapters that fit the new blade arms actually measure 9/16" (not 1/2" as they say). This is getting worse than plumbing fitting. Any ideas?