Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Happy Birthday Sandy and Danny (HOTRODPRIMER)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Today is Danny’s (HOTRODPRIMER) birthday. I’d like to have all of us offer him hopes for an enjoyable birthday, and best wishes for many years to come.

Coincidentally, today is also my dear wife Sandy’s birthday.

When Sandy unexpectedly passed away last year on January 13, 2014, I was not only emotionally crushed, but also in trouble financially. Danny, being the exceptionally thoughtful and selfless man that he is, auctioned his repro Deuce grille shell for my benefit. Not only that, but some of you started offering donations. So Danny took up the collection, and many of you contributed. Even more of you (many more) offered me heartfelt moral support.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/im-devastated-bad-bad-news.857945/

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/auction-for-rickybop-1932-radiator-shell.859289/

A short update: Personally, this year or so has been a challenge. Finances remained an issue, and my living arrangements at times were less than ideal, to say the least. I have nearly no support locally, so I’ve been mostly on my own. But Danny has communicated frequently with me, and I with him, and he’s continued to offer moral support and encouragement (and prayers)…as have others…especially Mike (Saxman), Jim (metal man) and Jack (hallrods). With their friendship and encouragement and prayers, Sandy’s love in my heart and some perseverance and plenty of prayers of my own, things seem to be looking a little better. I can't help but to still be sad over the loss of my darling wife Sandy, and I probably always will be. And up until very recently, I found it necessary to work at a couple of low-paying jobs. But I’ve just started driving a tractor/trailer for a transport company, and I’m happy to report that I expect to soon be gaining some financial stability.

Much gratitude goes to Danny and so many others here on the HAMB…for helping me through a difficult time. Thank you, Danny...and the rest of you guys too. Without you, things would've been even harder...maybe even impossible. Best wishes to you all.

And deep gratitude and endless love goes to my Sandy, for helping me to have a life for 27 years, filled with love. Along with the help I’ve received from the Hamb, her inspiration and her words that still ring in my ears is what’s kept me going. "Rick, we need to give God thanks and praise, no matter what...no matter what happens." Thank you sweetheart.

Happy Birthday to both Danny and Sandy. I think it’s amazing and fitting and so cool that they share the same birthday.
    To the tune of “Happy Birthday”…
    Happy Birthday to Sandy,
    And my very good friend Danny.
    Danny helped me through hard times,
    And Sandy’s love was uncanny.

Happy Birthday Danny!!! All the best to you...always.
    - Rick

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. Yes...happy birthday Mr. Berry. You're catching up. Tim

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Happy Birthday!!! Hope all is well and I wish you nothing but the best!

5. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Happy Birthday HRP and many more. Sandy, I know you're having a glorious day looking down on Ricky!
    Ricky, things will get better you just have to keep driving forward. You will never know just how good things are until you've seen how bad they can be.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. metal man

metal man

Happy birthday, Danny and Sandy. Danny clearly has his heart in the right place. He's a good dude.
    Rick, I sure am glad things are starting to Improve for you. It's been a long rough road.

7. ratrod0

ratrod0

Boy your getting old. Happy birthday

8. Happy Birthday HRP and Sandy.

I hope things continue to get better for you Ricky. I for one have missed your contributions to the HAMB.

9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Danny, and to Sandy.H.R.P. don't eat too much cake.lol.Bruce.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Geesh - why are we wishing a Happy Birthday to somebody we never ever hear from?!?!?!

NOT !!! Happy Birthday, man - all the best to you and yours!

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Happy B-Day, HRP.:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Happy Birthday !!

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha...Larry's been here a long time but it's always the same..."Never heard of 'im." Lol!
    We're gonna have to make him a list. :D
    Larry, still thinkin' of you buddy.

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  14. brady1929

brady1929

Happy birthday Danny and Sandy!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Happy birthday to that guy who's addicted to the HAMB! :)

16. farmer12

farmer12

Happy birthday from the other side of the pond!

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  17. dudley32

dudley32

Happy Birthday...and many, many more...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Happy Birthday @HOTRODPRIMER . I always enjoy your perspective on matters. Thanks for contributing and have a great day!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Happy, Happy to Sandy and Danny.(Ladies first!)-MIKE
    ti_88.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Thank you Rick,but I don't deserve any more recondition than anyone else when it comes to helping out in a time of need..many people were involved both the names you mentioned and a bunch that wanted to remain anonymous.

As for the Birthday greetings,thank you all from the bottom of my heart and for the reminder that I need to go to the social security office and get singed up for medicare...darn I'm getting old! :D

Who? ME? :D HRP

BTW..Today is Bob K's birthday too.

metal man and volvobrynk like this.
  21. Happy Birthday Danny!

And its great to "hear" from you Ricky! Just remember, we're here for you! Carry on, brother!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Happy Birthday to Sandy, and Danny - with all of the big SS checks time to buy another toy for your Birthday.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Nice post, to the OP. Respect and best wishes from over here.

And also to HRP, happy birthday to the youngest old geezer on the HAMB.

The good things about internet friends, you don't see them grow old, they have no age, only wisdom and exsperiens to bring to the table. And HRP has a lot to bring and give, and he shares and cares! I have nothing but respect and best wishes to send, from the land fare-fare away!

tb33anda3rd and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. Happy Birthday HRP, Bob K, and Sandy!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. all the best from me, too.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. Happy Birthday, Danny!

Also remembering Rick's sweet girl Sandy, on her birthday.

You know, you guys are all right, for a bunch of hoodlums. What the heck is an HRP anyway?;):p

volvobrynk and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. Just had the pleasure of meeting Danny and his wonderful wife Brenda. My wife and I took a road trip down HRP way. The HRP's welcomed us and we felt as though we have always known them. I did not realize his B-Day was coming. I would have bought a cake, and lots of candles. This HAMB thing is just full of great people. My Happy Birthday wishes to Danny and I will remember Rick and Sandy in my prayers.

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Happy birthday!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Happy Birthday

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. hallrods

hallrods