Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures HAMB-Friendly episode of Chasing Classic Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Oct 17, 2012.

1. These "TV show threads" rarely go over well on this forum ... but VELOCITY's Chasing Classic Cars season 5 episode entitled "California Dreaming" has quite a few ties to the H.A.M.B. ... including:

* David Kelley (current owner of @3wLarry's old coupe) emceeing Eric Zausner's Pig Roast & Car Show.

* Steve & David Moal of MOAL COACHBUILDERS.

* an interview with our own Jay (@Jive-Bomber) Ward about his "hand-built" '29 Roadster ... and his role with PIXAR as the "CARS" Franchise Guardian.

* an interview with Dennis Varni about his E/BGS record-holding #909 'liner ... plus this brief tour of his SPEED NYMPH GARAGE:

Chasing Classic Cars - Salt Flat Streamliner CLIP.JPG
    Click image to watch the video clip

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Looks cool wish I had the velocity channel.

3. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I just shot all day saturday with the folks at Chasing Classic Cars at the the Hot Rod Fall Out. I'm pretty stoked

4. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

I just watched this episode last night. Very cool!

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

I'll say this before this thread gets closed.

Velocity Channel is hands down the best network on television. their vintage automobile coverage is nothing short of outstanding. Chasing Classic Cars is awesome. No drama, no swearing, no fighting, just Wayne finding, restoring, and selling some of the geatest cars on the planet.
    Proof that you can have a very successful automobile show without all the drama. For those of you that have Velocity Channel and watch Chasing Classic Cars, you know what I'm talking about. I feel bad for those of you that don't. You are missing a lot of incredible automobile coverage. Now I have to go watch the 2 new episodes of Chasing Classic Cars that I have on my DVR.

6. metalman

metalman

Yeah, I think there is a new rule on here about "reality" shows but I agree, Chasing Classic Cars is enjoyable because the lack of BS drama. About the only one I watch. Gee, he even admits sometimes it took a year to restore a car, don't know why he's so slow, I thought most the TV guys can build a car in a week or two!

7. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

i'm a sucker for Chasing Classic Cars. totally agree about the lack of drama and fights. he just finds a car, fixes it and sells it. i could watch it all day.

8. snaptwo

snaptwo

At least Wayne is portrayed as a human being , not some superhero. He is allowed to make mistakes !

9. nick_s

nick_s
    from Ohio

It's 100x better than any tv show with Jesse James in it or people yelling at each other about what pipes to put on their bike. Real cars and a REAL tv show with the right mix of solid information and entertainment.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I just watched it this morning...saw the little mild mannered guy emceeing...had no clue he bought my coupe.

I want it back...

kidcampbell71 and pitman like this.
  11. ZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZ

When is the hotrod fallout being shown what date??

12. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I'm not sure, I honestly forgot to ask Saturday.

13. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

I'll give you the lack of drama credit, but the show is still way too "Furrin" for my tastes. Now having said that, I really like the two English dudes that buy, repair and fix cars. Then, I'm not right................:p

14. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Generally the TV production process (editing, etc...) takes a couple of weeks or months even. In this case, they film all day and then have to cut it down to 20-something minutes (for a 30-minute show). It'll probably show up in a month or two.

15. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

"I might put in a smaller motor and go slower" Thats not HAMB Friendly!

16. sophisto79

sophisto79

I thought it was cool to see Jay's roadster caught Wayne's eye. Then Dennis Varni's streamliner is just tits man.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. He may be "mild mannered"... but he does appreciate good design ... and (just like us) he digs old cars & trucks! ...
    David Kelley.JPG
    david-kelley-54-chevy-truck.png
    David Kelley with his \'54 Chevy Truck.jpg
    d-school bus.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    jocktherock likes this.
  18. 80WTI

80WTI

That would be a nice place to hang out in. Thanks for the link

19. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Velocity is good for you.........................

20. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

I tell you what if it were not for Velocity channel, I could not have got through this long ass cold spell. Yes I am a girly man when it comes to cold, I used to be an out side welder in an open pit mine. I have been so f---king cold i about fell over dead. I now am retired and stay in the house.

21. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

About the cold.Ditto see you april 1st

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yea , no kidding :(

23. Yep, I like the show a lot. Even my wife enjoys it. Of course, I don't mind European cars and grew up around restored Brass era cars. Wife was excited to see a guy I sold a car to (Peter Kumar) on an episode.

24. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Velocity channel cured my Speed Channel withdrawals.

25. slowmotion

slowmotion

Good show, I enjoy the no drama format. Proves you can hold an audience without all the other deadline, pissin' match bullshit. A hotrod themed show done in the same vein would be too much to ask I suppose.
    Any Hollywood producer types listenin'? o_O