Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb drags very week

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by prostborgward, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

I've been to bonneville, tha march meet, and viva las Vegas (among countless hundreds of drag races) and this was one of the best events I have been to..... Ever! There were numerous 8 sec cars and a couple 7 sec cars and that was with minimal track prep, and street tire guys doing burnouts and carrying water to the line, and I'm not bitching about that, because this event is primarily fun, actually beating the guy next to you is secondary..

If you're going it bitch provide something constructive..

2. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Fast or slow, with so many door handle to door handle runs, it's the best ten bucks I've ever spent.

Piss off fool.

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I would have liked to have gone but there is no way for me to travel to something like this, someone is bitching? if you don't like it go somewhere else, you have that choice, maby by next year I can figure out a way to go :D

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I think just the idea of that many HAMBers coming together should be enough excitement for anybody but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

5. wally426ci

wally426ci

With the title I thought "Maybe they'll have HAMB drags EVERY week?" or "maybe they'll vary weekly?"

Strange....:confused:

:p

6. daddio211

daddio211

As a business owner I know exactly why Ryan re-activated this thread.

So Borgward, rather than just dropping your bomb and disappearing, why don't you explain WHY you didn't like the event? Be specific. Cite instances and situations. According to you, many others were complaining too, not witnessed by anyone else here. What were these complaints?

I'm betting if you know of ACTUAL problems that Ryan and crew will address it and make changes that are warranted. Otherwise it just looks like you're trolling for a fight or trying to start drama.

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Drama is sooooooo 2005.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

8. daddio211

daddio211

I hear its the new flat black????

9. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I thought the HAMB Drags were great! What more could you ask for? Hanging out with cool guys talking about cars and racing, c'mon man. It's not about being the fastest guy out there. The weather was great this year as well

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

OP if you show up to an event with a bunch of cool cars and car guys having fun, and are bored, you just don't get it, it's not just about the racing, it's about hanging out and looking at each others cars and the BS eyeball deep and everything else that goes on, myself and a lot of other people would love to go if we could, I once drove 200 miles in an off topic vintage jap car, to hang out in a parking lot and eat at a sub shop, did a lot of people get it? no, but it's a car guy thing, no matter what you drive, I think 8 people showed up and the average driving distance was 150 miles, one guy drove 400 miles, the point is it's what you make of it, if you can't have fun hanging around cars and watching some vintage racing, then you will simply never get it.
    I am going to put it on my bucket list to go see one of these :)

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

If I had had the chance to go I would have stood out there in a downpour

12. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Wish I could have gone. I decided to tear into my car though and spent Saturday welding instead of cruising. I probably could have drove a new school car down there but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of fun with old cars in my opinion. I would have had to watch everybody else having fun with their cars while I just walked around, and that would have been very week.

13. Ryan... Ya don't mind a little feedback, huh? Well then, here's mine! I had a great f**kin' time, as usual! I think that it's fair to say that 99.99% of us love it! So... here's a big thank you for you and all the others that make this possible, see ya next year........

14. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

This was my first time to be at the HAMB drags at all let alone race my car. My dad I had the best time of any Nostalgia event we have ever been to. The guy that started this post must not like good clean fun.

The other people racing were by far the nicest I have ever been around. The whole staff, from the car wrangler, (he was awesome) to the guy signing us in, to the people directing tracffic were terrific.

I had several friends and family come from Arkansas to Missouri to watch us. We are from Kansas and we had to drive 5 hours to get there. It was worth it.

Thanks Ryan for letting participate and putting on a super fun event.
    Mitch Reeves.

15. More feedback Ryan. We had a GREAT time, even if I couldn't keep a blower belt on my car. Great folks, great cars, ton's of fun. Thanks for all the work to put it together.

ProstBorgward drives this. We should have an intervention for him.

[​IMG]

16. It was the first time I've ever gone and I thought it was pretty dang cool.

What it is: A good time.

What it is not: A typical saturday night bracket race.

If that's your thing then maybe you should stick to that. But personally I'd rather mix it up now and then.

17. daddio211

daddio211

[​IMG]

Ahhh, makes MUCH more sense now.

18. Brandi

Brandi

That's weird. Because I thought it kicked major fucking ass and will be driving my street car '28 roadster down from Seattle next year.

19. slammed

slammed

WHAT? I do not care if it runs 9's. These are the cars that gave Pro Street a black eye. That paint scheme was dated the minute it dried. Dude, what were you thinking with this thread?

20. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i had a blast....road trip,hanging with my friends,making new ones,hooking back up with old ones,cool cars,drag racing ,music,cruising parking lot,,,if you didnt have fun that YOUR fault,,,,

21. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Sweet Shazam stripes Broheam.

22. prostborgward

prostborgward
    BANNED

Thanks for the great picture of my car, Ryan watch the crowd at the starting line, the crowd got bigger when the race cars would come to the line. I know Carl cut you back on car count, but I know that their is more than two hamb dragster in this part of the country. The front engine cars put on the show. people come to a drag strip to see fast cars from the past run. It would make a better show if the car count would be more split. The idea of the cars getting to gather is great but people did not pay their entry for just a car show, they get that for free on friday and saturday night.:rolleyes:

23. oldsman71

oldsman71

I thought that borgward got sold a while back???

24. Don't know ya from squat, so don't speak for me! This has worked for 10 years and thier's not a doubt in my mind that it will be around for as long as Ryan chooses to put it on. As stated in the prior post's, if ya didn't like it don't come back. Thank you very much....

25. Dude, I posted the the picture of your car kicked because it hit my gag reflex, and most likely the gag reflex of most the other guys here. It is about traditional hot rods. It's about smack talking with your buddies and beating them on the track or smack talking about next year when you can get even. It's about the people!

26. oldsman71

oldsman71

I had a good time, sometimes took a bit for cars to line up, oil downs happen,
    but me and a bunch the the old cherokee KS and south sek guys hung out at half track
    grilled out, walked back and forth to the pits, visited some of my online pals,
    it was a alright :)
    Ill be back next year too :)

27. BinderRod

BinderRod

After everything that was said you still don't get it. Who cares about 8 sec cars. If you want race cars go to a nostalgic race. I know that if you go to the MoKan site you can find one. They might even have a class for your clown car.

28. daddio211

daddio211

Don't speak for me. I would go to an NHRA meet to see fast cars go 1000'. I would go to the HAMB Drags to see cool cars make 1/4 mile passes and hang out with my buddies.

29. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

The crowds got bigger when the racecars came up because the biggest class GC/S had finished running and those guys went from being in cars in the staging lanes to the stands to watch. Borg your car isn't what HAMB is all about so I am not sure why you're fussing. Do you go you go to the FORD and Shelby show and complain that there aren't enough Chevys and Dodges too?
    Your car doesn't look like it was raced in the 50s and 60s, your car looks like what was cool in the late 80s... thats all it is.

30. rwd95v

rwd95v
    from Cabot, AR

Well this one started a firestorm. I am a 63 year old drag racer who has been racing since I was 14. This was my first time for the HAMB drags....and MoKan.

Here is what I saw.

Great side by side passes of every type of car. I saw slow, fast, old, older, history, Cragers, Keystones, Hilborns, 4-71's, 6-71"s, Torque Thrusts, Astros, Strombergs, AFB's, Coupes, Altereds, FED's, friends, family, new friendships, musical pushrods, and a day of well organized ENTERTAINMENT.

Here is what I did not see.

Delay boxes, dial-in's, brake lights, unhappy people, disorganization, bitchin, complaining, or metric bolts.

If the attachment works...this will sum it up. I took this picture Friday nite in the parking lot.

I respect everyone's opinion....but the majority will prevail. Thanks MoKan, Ryan, and all the HAMB folks for a great show.

This is a fun-filled step back in time.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.