Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Auction: 1928 Pontiac 2-door sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Reggie, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Thanks, Andy. I'll be sure to get in touch with you as soon as I get this little jewel home.

2. KCsledz

KCsledz

I've seen your storage shed from the picture of the truck you dragged home, where are you going to put this one?

3. I gotta plan, KC....it involves another HAMBer..

4. KCsledz

KCsledz

cool! go for it!

5. Pancho

Pancho

I know this is an exercise in futility, but here goes. $400. It'll go good with my 35 Pontiac touring sedan.

6. fatluckys

fatluckys

I saw this sedan up close and I wanted it bad! I's really got some cool lines. I'd be all over it if I didn't have so many other projects already. (Rocky syndrome [​IMG]) Actually, I don't thnk I have too many projects, just not enough space in the yard.

7. My money would be on it being a '29 1/2 or '30.
    They came out with the oval rear window in '29, but the hood louvers run vertical on the '29 1/2.
    Also, they came with 12 spoke wheels in '28, not the ten spoke like this one.
    If you have the visor, that should tell all.

Either way, it looks like it's in great shape.
    Good on ya, HOTWHEEL.

I just made a deal on a '30 Poncho fordor, and a '28 Poncho coupe, so it sure would round out the collection...

I'll have to pass, though... dammit!

JOE[​IMG]

8. [rubbing my chin while squinchin up my face] I'm thinkin..............

9. Missouri_Mike

Missouri_Mike

[ QUOTE ]
    [rubbing my chin while squinchin up my face] I'm thinkin..............

[/ QUOTE ]

Mrs. Rocky must want to run and hide when you start doing that!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. [ QUOTE ]
    [rubbing my chin while squinchin up my face] I'm thinkin..............

[/ QUOTE ]

You go, boy...

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky......
    Maybe GERM will buy it for you and build you a new garage before he comes out of it.

JOE[​IMG]

11. Joe....don't pick on good ol' Germ. He's always had a heart-o-gold.
    'sides, I'm still not sure I'm done bidding on this ol poncho...[pullin on my ear lobe and squinting one eye closed while REALLY squinchin up my face]

12. junkmonger

junkmonger

[ QUOTE ]
    Whoever buys it will have to post a tech-o-matic on how they chopped the top with that back window...

[/ QUOTE ]

How about like this? Quarter the window and section it, then chop the top and put it back in.

Attached Files:

13. Missing Link

Missing Link

I would be all over this thing if I were closer.

14. KCsledz

KCsledz

If the price didn't get out of my current means I would have looked at it like chopping an A pickup if you wanted to keep the back window.

You cut the pillars and around the rear section at the same horizontal and then at the back window you cut a box up and around it taking the meat out of the section above the window. Something like the picture below.

15. KCsledz

KCsledz

then it could look like this...

16. junkmonger

junkmonger

Yeah, that's what I started with, but quickly realized that if you want more than a 2 inch chop, you'd have to cut the window.

17. You could do a 8 inch chop on it and replace the back glass with an oval 1/4 window from a Lincoln MK IV.....maybe even leave the "Bill Blass" designation on it for grins.........
    or not.....

18. junkmonger

junkmonger

Got one in my 29 A! It's still got the + on it, but since it's tinted, most people don't even know it's there.

19. KCsledz

KCsledz

Hey Rocky,

Your time is runnung out!

20. I still have today and all day tomorrow to "snipe" this mo-fo.

21. crow

crow

OK, total futility here, don't have a place to put it, don't quite have the money, but DAYUM I want this thing, and I'm right down the street.

Calling you out , Rocky...

$425

22. Well then, you might just have it. Just a few hours left. Will I attempt to snipe it? Will Pancho sneak in with an auction uppercut? Stay tuned kiddies.

23. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Crow, it looks like you are the proud owner of the Poncho!! I can't wait to see this thing on the road! Let's see if we can make the first ride in it over to visit Bill's widow and by to see his old car buds! They would be real, real proud to see it regardless of how you build it.
    Thank ya man!!j

24. crow

crow

May take me quite a while to get this thing goin', got a few in line ahead of it, but I will make that promise, Reggie; the first ride is to see Bill's widow with you riding shotgun, or driving, we'll hafta flip for it.

25. Pancho

Pancho

Congrats, Crow. I lost power last night due to a tornado passing by about 2 miles away or I'd have bid again. We were lucky. Just minor damage around the place. Thursday night we got blasted hard by golfball-sized hail so we were still cleaning up from that. Guess my summer plans have been changed by this weather anyway. Have fun with the car! Pancho

26. KCsledz

KCsledz

Good score Crow! I wish I had $110 more so I could have out bid ya! I guess that I will have to keep looking for my first project.

27. Congrats Crow. I also really wanted it but I already have a few projects in the wings. And Kc Sleds, be glad you didn't get this poncho for a first project. It's waaaaay to big a project for a first-timer.

28. KCsledz

KCsledz

Nothing is too big Rocky! You just have to know the right questions to ask!