Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Drags 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't know if it will be a two day event next year or not, but I will promise you guys one thing - it won't get any bigger and those staging lanes won't get any longer. We plan to cap the numbers next year.

2. Just want to say thanks to the HAMB and the guys that made my weekend even possible! Fiddy ....thanks for running back 200 mi and picking me up and draging my back to Joplin . The guy with the Bad Ass 51 Chevy that lent us his trailer to haul me in...Thanks so much and sorry I can't remember your HAMB name . Bill Moon For basically rebuilding my tranny in the parking lot ..and for all the laughs we had friday night wth are Vagabond brothers ....wow what a great weekend ...Thanks everyone

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

How many cars registered to race? Was that the almost 200 number?

4. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I tell you what, Im going to be bringing a little higher octane sunscreen next year, Im still peeling.

5. That was Eric Rath's trailer. We were the Cleveland connection.....His hamb name is Gasser Chevy 51 I think....

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hmmmmmmm...begs the question: HOW?

Pre '49...pre '59...pre '64...??? HAMB Alliance members only...? HAMB Senior members only...??? Past participants only...??? Trad hot rods only...??? Street cars only (no race cars)...??? Pre-registration only...???

Man, I think you've got your work cut out for you on that one...

R-

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

64 and older's a good start...maybe faster than a 16.00? ;)

8. Well Don, buy him a beer, the Vagabonds thanks him! Plus that 51 Chevy is sooooooo dreamy!

9. Can I register now? :)

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No, it's simple... First 200 registered that fit our criteria can race. Other old cars can still show up and park in the pits and what not, they just won't be able to run...

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Shall I send in my money NOW...???

R-

12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

not EVEN a problem meng, its what brothers do :cool:... remember, we HAD wanted to roll down to MOKAN together, and also to spin wrenches on your hooptie before the drags... well, we got to do BOTH. jist hadda do em both AT the drags :p

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

....what crossed my mind earlier was something similar to the Lonestar Roundup registration. Send your dough, photo of your car, and description. The first 200 "approoved" rides get to race....

Malcolm

14. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well i missed it guys, even pre paid, need to hit Ryan up on that refund haha, but killed my 406 and couldnt run this yr... but ill have something for next yr im pretty sure...:cool:

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

-------------

And for the record... I'm not a show promoter and will never consider myself one... That said, this was my favorite drags to date. I didn't even get to run down the track... There was just something in the air that made me love it.[/quote]

im pretty sure it was that you got to meet me...i could be wrong though...:D
    i had a blast....ill never miss another one....ever! i hope to pre reg a coupe for next year....
    also, i have a pic of the boss and a couple kdusters...but ill have to photoshop him out so as not to get booted! maybe use the face of the gay telletubby or something!:p ;)
    anywho....i was great to meet you and the misses...and the million other folks i got to hang with!
    HAMB CHANGES LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

todd:)

16. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

[​IMG]

Newbie here! Does anybody have more pics of this ride? I would like to do this car in scale. This is one BAD ASS lookin' go getter! Might see this show up soon in the "Sunday Model" section.