Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Labradoodle, and he is one happy sob. Doesn't shed but needs a haircut every couple months. He's from Oregon, maybe you feel the connection. :)
    http://springcreeklabradoodles.com/

2. lizbeth

lizbeth
    from Panama IA

GEDC3292.JPG GEDC3294.JPG This is the newest member of our family. Her name is Fred with a Ph ( Phred ). She will be my copilot and sled dog. Today she trying out Dads car hauler and Moms fishing truck . I think she will do OK. She is a Shepard/ husky mix. Out of one of the other 16 sled dogs at the ranch.

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Sorry, no pics, but we have added ANOTHER Chihuahua to join the other three we already have; they are Angel, Addie Mae, Middy, and Lucy (the newest). At least the shelter had her listed as a Chihuhua, even though she obviously had some other breed (s) in her. The DNA test we had done came back, from greatest percentage to lesser: Pug, Chihuahua, Rat Terrier, and Pekinese. I don't see the Pug or Pekinese, but she definitely has Chihuahua colors/marking and Rat Terrier eyes/energy. Up our 85 pound Siberian Husky, Yukon, still thinks he's a Chihuahua, having grown up with them. He wants to sit in my lap while I'm trying to drive the truck! They ALL like to go for rides! Everyone on the HAMB has good looking co-pilots. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  4. bedwards

bedwards

Making a good case for air conditioning:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Dusty-NZ, ct1932ford, Saxman and 6 others like this.
  5. That's one good looking dog . Man I know it's hot in Al.

6. bedwards

bedwards

He really doesn't like the heat and it was only in the mid 80s. You would think I was torturing him.

thanks!

7. My third copilot and my fourth...

Dang phones...!

Photos later

8. Third and fourth co-pilot's...both like sleeping while riding and both have blown chow in my daily.

Yogi turned 13 years and Guinness is 9 weeks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  9. no55mad

no55mad

Sad day yesterday. Pepper (original post here) had to be put down. She was a couple months shy of 14 years old. Now, both dogs in the original post are no longer available for the rides they loved. We do have 2 other co-pilots so the rides go on. God bless our loyal canine co-pilots!

warbird1, Saxman, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  10. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

no55mad,
    Sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in all the joy and great memories that you, and indirectly Pepper and Henry, too; have brought to the rest of us.
    Our co-pilots are our co-pilots and recognizing and sharing the present, as well as the past, fun we've had with our pals brings joy to each of us and to all our fellow co-pilot owners.
    The threads long and continuing existence bears testament to just how much we all appreciate our co-pilots and how honored we are to share them with others.
    A big "THANK YOU!" to Pepper and Henry for getting YOU to step forward for the good of us all and the many tributes to our four legged pals.
    You done good.

Again, sorry for your loss,
    Al

mad mikey and Bubba1955 like this.
  11. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

12. bedwards

bedwards

Sorry for your loss. I have two other dachshunds that are much older. The eldest is 16 and I am currently having to carry him out to do his business and then back in. Its a shame getting older.

13. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

The hardest part of sharing your life with others is out living them, no matter how many legs they have .
    I have a boy that's a little over 20 now, he falls down a lot these days, and I haft to lift him in to his favorite chair, but he still loves to ride, we rode last night..
    Godspeed Pepper ....

mad mikey and SanDiegoHighwayman like this.
  14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

We figure this guy is a Shep/Husky mix and maybe some more..Going to be 13 in oct 2015..He is in my Crosley in my avatar and a current pic..Big guy, big paws, used to be loud...

Attached Files:

mad mikey likes this.
  15. '48IHC

'48IHC

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443666683.548633.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1443666698.242768.jpg

Me and my fiancé's 3 year old basset hound "Odie"

ct1932ford, Tony, Hamtown Al and 6 others like this.
  16. Muttley

Muttley

Basset Hounds are the best dogs ever, mine will be ten years old in about three weeks.

17. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Great post. Hadn't seen that one before. Definitely true.

19. bone31

bone31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from oregon

20. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

EVER day "She" wakes up agin I rejoice! -- She is gittin slower and less steady on her feet -- I have to pick her UP to put her in the car now and have to help her out --

At night, I have to LIFT her onto our raised bed and in the morning, lift her down -- last time she jumped down on her own she hit w a YELP and came into the next room dragging her hindquarters, crying :( -- I had a bright idea and called our chiropracter :eek: shure enuf -- he FIXED her!

Been to see him w her agin once since, when she was havin trouble walkin straight, -- so far so good

She's gittin old :oops: as am I o_O next year will be my 50th "On the Road" I'll likely retire after -- we'll see --

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    ct1932ford, mad mikey and 36 ROKIT like this.
  21. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

I'm so sorry!! That's awful!!! (You can borrow my co-pilots for a day if you are ever in the L.A area.)

Attached Files:

22. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Just lost my buddy of 16 years. Westie..smart as a whip and the most loving dog I ever owned..They become a member of the family..Not ashamed to admit we are crying like babies here..I'll miss are rides Sandee..RIP

23. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

24. town sedan

town sedan

Hang in there 6t5. I know what you mean.
    -Dave

25. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

My old guy, he Loved the roadster! Been a little over a year now. He was almost 16 image.png

ct1932ford, 47ragtop, JOYFLEA and 2 others like this.
  26. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

So sorry for your loss..

27. CA. 280

CA. 280

Our boy crossed the rainbow bridge in November. The gentlest soul I've ever known. Sophia & Ian2.JPG

Jet96 and Hamtown Al like this.
  28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My little pal, Cole

IMG_20160109_204723.jpg

blowby and Jet96 like this.
  29. We get so attached to them after so many years; just like the child we never had.......
    Their lives are too short. Love them like there is no tomorrow....
    (Waiting for test results on our Sheltie; praying it's not cancer.)

warbird1 and Hamtown Al like this.
  30. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.