Register now to get rid of these ads!

GM reverse part number look-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GTOnly70, Dec 27, 2009.

1. GTOnly70

GTOnly70 Member

I've acquired a number of car parts - much of which I don't know what they were on originally (don't get excited, most of it is not that old). Mostly GM, but some Chrysler and Ford as well. Does anyone know a good site where I could type in the part numbers to identify the part? GM, Ford, or Chrysler?

A search on the internet (formerly a useful tool for such inquiries) seems to result in an endless loop of search engines with very little actual useful information...
  2. rustynewyorker
    Upstate New York, watching my New Yorker Rust

rustynewyorker Member

I just google them usually, newer stuff isn't hard to track down, but the older stuff you almost need to get into old catalogs to look up. For instance, I have an old Auto-Lite 2-32 condensor set here that I got a bunch of possible applications on and nothing firm. But if I run the GM number for a 1990s exhaust manifold I not only get application but the Hollander number too.
  3. J Man

J Man Member

try bing.com
  4. J Man

J Man Member

or get friendly with the local counter guy at the dealership
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. This is a good idea.The Advance Auto stores has an intranet where they can go into a Keystone site (not available on the www) and it has a cross reference where you punch in a part number and it tells all the vehicles and years it fits.You need to find an old guy though.The younger part timers never find this out.
  6. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard Member

The AC Delco web site did have a lookup where you could put in the GM part number and it would list everything the part was used on. Haven't been there in a while, but it probably is still there. acdelco.com.
  7. swsimon

swsimon Member

Try www.partsvoice.com it's free to join and it is a very helpful site when looking for parts. Most of the time if you type in the p/n it comes back with a description of the part. Scott
  8. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar Member

Great site and it is free to register. Thank you!