Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gas Monkey Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nightfire, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

+1.

2. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

I knew i should have saved it. It was pretty good too!

3. I looked through my hilborn junk and all i could find was a set of 8A's. The car seems to run ok but i think the pump might be too big now. Do you think swapping it for a #0 pump might be a good option? I have one I can try but it is a lot of work to swap. Hilborn says the #0 is for up to 410 CID on alcohol, but i'm thinking it will be fine for something bigger on gas. Thanks, David

4. Anderson

Anderson

WTF????? Any of you Dallas guys know when Kenny sold his car??

5. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

Of all the people who talk crap about Richard at Gas Monkey, I wonder how many of them have actually got to judge him by being around him.

Kenny sold his car during the car show over by the Federal Prison about 6 weeks ago or so.

Kenny sold his

6. u should be able to see the video HERE ...joe

7. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

damnit man i was thinking the same..

8. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

i liked that. i dont like the whole guys almost naked next to eachother. now if those were chicks...

9. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

Not to worry, Jon posted the video somewhere else already

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/monkeyboys.html

If you go to the original thread, and read it all specially the last 3 pages, you'll see that Jon wasnt messing around when he started this.:D
    Oh, on page 2 you can get empty bubble pictures that lets you be the artist;)

Mike

10. Brad S.

Brad S.

11. Anderson

Anderson

That was the gayest "parody" video I've seen in quite some time. I bet this Jon tool feels a lot better about himself now.....did he only get one text-effect with his video program? He sure does like the word jumble...

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

makin fun of people is funny!! :p

13. could it be??
    you be the judge.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Call me a nerd, but I never heard of Gas Monkey Garage until this year at Back to the 50's in St. Paul MI when I fell in love with the rods on display and even bought their TShirt....should I burn it or save it for EBay collectables...

15. JamesG

JamesG

16. 66gmc

66gmc

That jon guy is a major asshat as is everyone over there.
    Look at this thread about the littleman coupe. That thing is badass and yet all they do is bash it because they call it a "rat rod"
    http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/rat-rod-rant-92230.html?highlight=rat+rod+rant
    Fuck hotrodders.com. sorry for the outburst i just hate those guys lol

17. Mojo

Mojo

if "centerline" is a moderator there, i'm staying the hell away. I remember that guy from another forum, he's a major asshole. That picture of those two guys... I can't believe anyone would take a picture like that, even as a joke... holy crap...

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

They are bidding on a roadster from a HAMBer on ebay right now so they can say they built it.

19. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I was amazed at their "roadshow" when it rolled into back to the 50's last year. A giant Semi+Trailer to haul around a couple of crazy low cars and a couple of racks of t-shirts??????? Really seemed like a waste of money to me. They have a shop or something? It sounds like they just buy cars to display, so they must sell alot of t-shirts to afford that rolling circus.

20. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

The owner has some serious money to begin with... He couldn't care less about hot rods... It is what is popular now.... I saw the same tow rig at Paso. If you were able to stomach any of their crap, you will see they will bash anything and anyone for a little attention.... I saw a pic taken at a show once and they had 5 cars. They all looked the same except for diff. levels of rust... As far as I am concerned they can keep talkin shit. No one takes the ASS Monkeys serious anyways... EVILT

21. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

They do have a shop.

22. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

you wouldn't have known it from their display. like the guy said - just a couple of cars and rolling racks of shirts.

23. Killer

Killer

That Jon dude asks for an apology, gets an apology, then continues to bash the guy?

And those dudes think the HAMB is bad?

24. Big Tony

Big Tony

Oh my gosh, I'm not going to Austin next year cause i'm scared i might run into one of these "BAD BOYS" and the Anti-Christ of hod rodding. Hell i almost pee'd my pants just watching him. hey i bet the cops are scared too.

25. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

Gas Monkey violated the forum rules and not only did they advertise, but they tried hiding it behind "we need a good cause for a charity", and posted a lame cheesy video about the anti-christ of hotrodding:rolleyes: The administrator asked for an excuse and the video to be removed, they didnt really do either.
    The low model A they claimed to have built (and turns out they didnt) is indicator enough of what kinda shop Richard runs.
    The vid and the thread has been sent to SEMA already and various other companies.
    Gas Monkey requested the vid to be removed from YouTube but turns out that they'res got pulled as well.
    66GMC and his band of "youngrodderz" (http://s15.invisionfree.com/youngrodderz/index.php?showtopic=938) wont be able to do much.

Mike

26. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

No comment on what was posted... but...
    I agree... I think Jons pushing it-
    I'm really glad none of the mods act that way here... reminds me of the 'old hamb' 5 years ago when there were no mods... and it just self policed itself... Maybe thats where Spank went?

I also read that littleman post that centerline started... Dude how sad that people can be so close minded and so hard lined they cant see out of their own little box-

Tuck

27. 66gmc

66gmc

It is kinda sad those guys bash everything. If someone posts a car that they think is a "rat rod" then all they do is bash it. When something has rust on it they immediately think its a "rat rod" even if it is safely built and well engineered, like littlemans coupe. Kind of sad really.

28. Muttley

Muttley

I've never even heard of that forum until this thread. Sounds like someone is jealous and needs to shut their pie hole.

29. retro54

retro54
    from PA

I've heard of them, but I was always told that they did not have a shop and the GasMonkey "garage" was simply a brand name they put on cars they bought to promote the ficitious shop... is this the case? If anything I thought they had a shop where they performed "maitenance" on the cars they own... or do they really have a shop where they "try" to build cars?

30. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

Are you sure this is not the new "wild boyz" movie that photo sort of looked like Jonnie Knoxville LOL....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.