Register now to get rid of these ads!

From the corner of my eye, I spotted these 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevnut, Nov 10, 2006.

1. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Called the owner of the shop and he said that this will not be available for another 2 weeks. He claims he paid 14k for it and the old lady that pawned it (wish I knew where this old lady was before she did this). Had the guy take my number and added me on the list.

I also asked him what he would sell for in case the old bag did not come back for it..At first he said he would put this in front of his shop as advertisement. I said RU Crazy? I told him to do the car justice and sell it to someone that would care for it namely me. He then threw out a price of> (CENSORED) Let's just say my application for the loan with Capital One is well on it's way. 35/36 Ford 3/5 windows are in the list of one of my dream desired cars ( I'm a fordnut too you know).

Note the 55Vic behind this one for sale as well. don know how much though.

Wanted to share, wish me luck on this.<fingers crossed>

Attached Files:

2. singledownloop

singledownloop

cool pawn shop stake it out until the NICE elderly lady that so desperately needed money she had to pawn that beauty comes back to get it..........

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate speculators like that, pearls before swine...

4. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Wish it was a different sitch, I wish I could tell you it was coming home today. I know it is still a 50/50 shot to get this but I just simply wanted to share. It is not everyday I run into something cool like this. Almost like a barn find. Sorry if I offended.

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL, I was talking about the pawn shop dude, didn't know what he had... hahahahaha! Not you...

6. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

My bad...hahahahaha

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

call one of your cop buddies and have them run the plate (if they will) and then drop by the old lady's house...why let Mr Pawn get a bidder's list going?

just a thought...

dj

8. markanthony

markanthony

another thought, there are online VIN searches that with the drop of 10 bucks you can get the whole history of the car or at least as far back as it was registered.

Believe me, I understand your excitement and goood luck. I was toodling through Santa Ana on the way home from church and pulled the move my wife hates. U-TURN!!! There, tucked in the yard of a gardening service was a chopped, tattered carson topped Studebaker pick-up, custom grille, buick headlights. Next to it was a started but not completed chopped 46-48 chevy sedan...if only time and money would allow, I would actually call to find out what the story was... again, good luck!

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Good idea on finding the old lady. Hope it works out!

10. Wow...I understand your excitement. I'd be in that pawn shop daily until the owner sold it to me just go get rid of my lurking a$$. Good luck!

Bryan

11. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

That '35 has extra hood side trim on it. An old custom trick! Who knows what else you might find done to it....

12. You HAVE to find the old lady and get her story. perhaps she doesn't want to sell, just needed some cash until her house sells....etc.

Perhaps she does need the cash. Give her 15k, have her get the car out of Pawn, then sign it over to you...

Oh, to dream dreams.

13. You better not blow this one! Attack with all resorces!!!

14. lolife

lolife

Every time a car salesman (pawn or not) brings-up a little old lady, I run from the deal. Tell him to show you the title, that you don't believe the story. 14k would be chump-change to any little old lady who owned this.

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

...and aftermarket spinner hubcaps. Probably her late husband's car, or some such thing.

16. Nice find, Good luck, I hope you get it and then sell it to me when your all done with it. :D

17. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and advice. Got an e-mail from Capitol One and they denied my loan. fuckers!!!:mad: .. I guess 3cars, a mortgage and one income household is too high risk for them. income to debt yada, yada, yada.

So tomorrow, I will apply for a second on my home. ( Cant beieve I'm doing this, I'm freakin addicted to old tin) These guys send me mail and call me all the time so I'll see if they will make good on it. but skeptical from what I found out from CapOne.

I cant think of anything else but this. The first denial just discouraged me that its just not the time for another hotrod. I know there is a good chance that the ol lady will come back as well to get this and I'm setting myself up for discouragement still 2 weeks out. but I'm pretty persistant when I want something so I will definately apply for a second, my wife's pool will have to wait.
    I will get the vin# or plates tomorrow and take your guys' advice and do a bit of investigating.

Really tough call for me. I would have to sell the chevy to keep and get this started. Do I really want to do that knowing the hours I have put in on the chevy? I would have to choose to start over on this car or turn it around to finish my current ride, which I will regret doing in the long run because i would never come across another35/36, especially this condition. fuck, I'm overthinking this ARGHHHHHHHH. I just do not see myself keeping both rides as much as I want too.

So, Anyone interested in this just PM me and though it's a tough thing to do, I would be happy to share the info to my fellow Hamb brothers. I would rather have a HAMber get this than anyone else so if this is one of your dreams and you got cash handy just let me know, I'll point you to the right direction. Maybe one of us will be lucky to take this ride home.

Badbob, I'm trying brother but from what capitiol one wrote, It's pretty grim. one more chance for me, you guys might have better luck.

You guys dont have to tell me I'm a sick man. I already know that.

I need to relax, Peace~ Chevnut

18. Thats Joe Macs 35. I saw it in a Hop Up. He lives in Corona and is known as a early trans specialest. I wondered if he died? Anyone know the story? He used to own Ford Obselete in Long Beach, Ca. in the 60"s - 80"s.

19. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Got a e-mail from a Hamber, claims he is a close personal freind of the previous owner. From what he described of the car, Merc Flatty, red dash, etc..he was right on as far as description. He then began to explain the nightmare the owner had to go thru, lets just say. A very sad way to lose a ride in my opinion. Long story..short,
    An ex-girlfreind ended up with it and suddenly the importance of that car was valued in money and not for it's true identity. I was told that a neighbor will try to pick up the note in a week but even that is not for sure.
    So, In my opinion, This car deserves an owner that is deserving of this car. To the very least, someone who won't lose it to a girlfreind.
    I have decided not to persue this car, the rate on my application came up to high and just would not be practical in the long run for me. The deciding factor to all of this is that I have a deep attachment with my Chevy and cannot replace it. Something about the way this guy lost his car brought me closer to mine. Wish I could own both, but don't we all.

Peace ~ Chevnut

20. ambman

ambman

So what's happened with the car?

21. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Still there when I drove by after work yesterday. I think D-Day is tomorrow. I myself am curious who gets it. we'll see.

22. 53chevy

53chevy

Good Luck! I too love the 35/36 Ford, but only the roadster. In fact I really dig the 35 grill shell more so than the 36. Maybe because it is what everyone uses, even converting the 35. But, I can't deny that the whole line of the 35/36 Ford models are top notch.

Ken

23. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

end result? I'm still curious, I came THIS close to raiding my savings but just couldn't do it............... :D

24. i have a little bit of coin to play with if this car is still for sale or if it can be bought. i just had to sell my 36 5 window and i can scratch up a little bit more maybe

25. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Pawn shop owner is holding on to it. He said he would trade for a nice Motor home, boat or some gold chainer muscle car. The original radio for this thing works too. damn shame the guy has been online and want $32k for it...too much for my wallet.

26. Kyle(666)

Kyle(666)

He's not itching to sell it, when i went by just to look he told me "The lady wants 40 g's" and wouldnt let me back to take a look at it or the 55.

27. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Got a pm from a Hamber that this is now part of his collection. drove 7 hrs to get it.. His plans are to leave it the way it is just tighten up some loose ends here and there but will mostly keep it as is. Glad it went to a hamber. It's a good feeling to know that a car that caliber will get the right treatment.

Peace~Chevnut

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

wow ! i just found this post. i was on those cars a day after they both arrived at the sixth street pawn shop.
    did some investigating on my own then and found out who's name the cars were titled to,license plate number, etc, and couldn't get anywhere. names were not listed and the address that was on the title's were at a shopping center on mckinley ! i think the pawn shop guy paid 14 for both cars! every time i tried dealing with the owner i received different prices so i finally got pissed off and said "screw it" . both of those cars are NICE!
    glad the 35 is going to a good home.