Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical FRAME, Frame Building TECH!!!! Jonny Cola gets LAID! HaHa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Great tech! Straight to my favorite thread! Hope to refer to on an upcoming project. Thanks Bob!

2. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

I have to say thanks man... great tech! I am starting to z my frame as well... How do you figure out where to Z the front at? do you have to mock the front end and motor on the frame then find where the Z goes? I have saved all the pix big style because of the detail... good work. its all great learning... viva la HAMB Tech. you have a top 10er here.

3. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    How do you figure out where to Z the front at? do you have to mock the front end and motor on the frame then find where the Z goes?

[/ QUOTE ]

look at where the firewall is sitting in comparison to the z... its sitting behind.

westwood has specs for A frames, measure where the body mount holes live/where the firewall sits, and do your cutting/welding

notice the back kickup is behind the rear window. theres a good post about where to make the rear cut in the tech archives section.

gonna make my rails like this, seems easier, but just have to keep measuring to make sure everything is straight and level

4. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Snacko, I used an OLD Snap On wire welder 220. It burns the welds in pretty good......

I don't think it needs gussets as it is really strong and with the flatty it won't be have crazy power either. I do have an idea for them though and may add them for good measure. There still is some bracing to do..... but it is a good start. If you think about it, there are a million T buckets on the road with smaller frames than this one.

I based the dimensions for the front half of the frame off of a 32 Ford, meaning the cowl is mounted 32" from the center of the front crossmember. The Front Z is set just behind the firewall. It works out pretty well that way.

There will hopefully be a new Bleed realese this summer.

5. Great Tech Bob...! The car looks awesome Johnny! [​IMG]

Next..., My roadster frame!!! [​IMG]

6. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    How do you figure out where to Z the front at? do you have to mock the front end and motor on the frame then find where the Z goes?

[/ QUOTE ]

look at where the firewall is sitting in comparison to the z... its sitting behind.

westwood has specs for A frames, measure where the body mount holes live/where the firewall sits, and do your cutting/welding

notice the back kickup is behind the rear window. theres a good post about where to make the rear cut in the tech archives section.

gonna make my rails like this, seems easier, but just have to keep measuring to make sure everything is straight and level

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks 9

7. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Word...

Thanks..!! Looks awesome..!!

can't wait fer the new CD... Later...

8. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

"Bitchin" Frame build, made sweet and simple , reminds me of the old saying K.I.S.S. sure wish I had a teacher when I was that age none the less Ipicked it up along the way on the fake it till you make it scenerio......