Register now to get rid of these ads!

History FOUND! Kaspers "Ghost" from Milwaukee....1937 Ford Sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Centurion9, Jul 25, 2014.

1. HRP.....I get you, but we try to go to AirVenture in OshKosh each year to see and experience "Warbird and Aviation history"...it's not always about what I find attractive that's the standard by which a car is judged. That's just a thread killer oftentimes like the Quad headlight thread that got closed. For Stupid. Maybe you're not the only one who fails to find beauty in the car, but to mention it is a call to hear other dissenting opinions. To what good? Maybe we should have boxes for each car shown on the HAMB and we all get to vote Ugly or Not Ugly. Would it help? I don't think so, but you may want to lobby for it.....

2. It's not my car to defend either, but a point that has been tried for many of you to consider is it's Historical element....Did you first see this car in 2014 as a 50 year old man, or in 1962 as a 14 year old boy? Like music, or any other American Culture thing, you will remember it in a time frame. That often impacts a guys thinking altogether. As has been belabored on the Custom Section on the HAMB before, what's ugly to a 50 year old isn't neccessarily ugly to a kid.

3. The Owner wants more photos and History of the car before he prices it..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  4. Back up the bus!,,calling me out?

I can't understand why your getting upset because I don't agree with you and I never once insinuated the car is ugly,I just fail to see the beauty.

Not all customs,or hot rods for that matter,that were built back in the day ever measure up regardless of their moment in time.

If indeed there was ever any great significance to the car in question it would have never fallen into the decaying hulk it is now.

And as for your suggestion of ugly or not ugly,do you realize how ludicrous that sounds. HRP

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I can fully understand the present owner maybe wanting to find photo's and history of the car. I fail to see where dismantling the car into a basket case is productive (at this point). Take it apart to restore back to it's former glory....okay, .....but to sell, would be a deal breaker IMHO. By putting the car on the market, he's fishing for a lottery hit. Stu

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Add to that, not a competitive show car on the show circuit. ISCA rules say X number of years on the circuit and you have to redo the car to compete. One of the primary reasons we find old show cars in that state or stashed away in the corner of a shop under a tarp.
    On that one it probably got blown apart to freshen it up to go back on the show circuit and never got past that point.

On your question about being the only one who does't didn't think it was the greatest looking rig out there, no you aren't but it was built to compete on the shown circuit where each mod garnered a certain number of points and points were far more important that the total look of the car to serious show circuit competitors. One of my buddies would rave for hours on how "radical" it was and how much he likes the radical mods on it though. I've always appreciated the actual quality of Casper's work but many times didn't feel that he hit the mark design wise even though he won money marbles and chalk with those cars.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

^^^^^^^Judging from the photo's on Craigslist, it appears the current owner obtained the car pretty much intact and unmolested. Then the photo's show stages of tear down. Stu

8. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

" Crazy offers will be ignored. Interested in hot rod rat rod Harley's Harley Davidson classic cars and trucks nice bass boat or pontoon sports car daily driver full size trucks cummins diesel fox body mustang cobra camaro trans am turbo supercharged jeep wrangler built xj lifted z71 Toyota drag car large utility atv side by side or rzr guns + cash."

Now be serious with your offers.
    Not like he has any crazy interests or anything.

9. Hotrodprimer....NO...you are NOT the only one.

40fordtudor and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. Vindication,,Thank you! :) HRP

40fordtudor likes this.
  11. carbrainiac

carbrainiac
    from atlanta

Hey guys I am Dan Barr of greyghostgarage here in Atlanta---- you have lucked out because the gentleman that owns the car is a great hardworking young man who just wants a turnkey streetrod to drive his kids around on sundays.He is not a greedy person. After helping him trailer the car out of an old deserted warehouse in Atlanta last month,I knew the car was very special but didnt recognize it as one I had seen before.The" rothesque" interior and Brinza pinstriping was what made me beg him not to touch the car until I found out about it.This kid works his hands to the bone 6 days a week and deserves to get something good for it to ride around in from one of you guys.Then, we will bring it back to you in Milwaukee.The rod is in GREAT shape except for the window and peeling paint.It HAS been stored inside and sports a 55 corvette smallblock with a 4 two intake made in Atlanta ,one of which I have never seen before.I dont want anything out of this deal except fuel money ,see Lamar get a cruiser,and see the car go to the right people.Cheers Dan Barr 4044087600

12. HRP....No Sir. That's not a call out. A call out is something that gets done face to face and with good reason and with no other recourse than to settle an issue. There is no good reason and I'm not nearly that sensitive. What I do get annoyed at is the almost predictable critcism that seems to appear on this Custom Forum with the tiniest provocation. You and everyone else who disagrees with me on this forum is as safe as can be. I live in a nice place. My head is in a nice place. I was being sarcastic about voting boxes, though it seems the logical next step for those unable to not care for a posted car without feeling compelled to announce it. If we were to make that leap, everyone would then know for sure whether or not a car was approved of or not by a majority of Forum members. Yes, It sounds stupid to me too. You didn't get the implyed joke. I apologize....

13. Emoticons are available help to get sarcasm across..since it was in jest,no harm ,no foul.

As far as being annoyed,regardless of what anyone post ,whether it's customs or hot rods someone is going to disagree..it's a given.

We will agree to disagree!

BTW,I like old airplanes. :D HRP

14. :)......Well Sir, then let's get on with it.....:)

15. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Too bad he didn't listen to you and tore into it.

It would be much more desirable in "as found" condition.

16. No ruckus...Just not knowing......:)

17. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I don't get why you guys sign off every time you post, your avatar says who you are for the whole forum to see.

18. I figured you didn't..it's all good.

Always done it.. HRP

19. carbrainiac

carbrainiac
    from atlanta

Absolutely no changes have been made to car-----just a little cleanup of rat crap ,dust and mould on interior--good washed original interior being put back in as we speak---did roth do the interior?

catdad49 likes this.
  20. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope you find the motivation to get it back on the road . It is a piece of history but that is its past now it is yours .

21. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I'm sure that Carl did the interior himself, since that was his main business. In fact there was quite a rivalry between Kasper's Auto Trim and McFall Auto Trim at various shows back in the day. Stu

22. carbrainiac

carbrainiac
    from atlanta

the owner just wants a cool car to ride and doesnt need a car like this one-----it is better suited for someone who has an interest in historical rods or someone from Milwaukee .Does anyone want to trade for it?Otherwise,we may take it to Louisville tis weekend.cheers

23. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Hopefully it will end up in the hands of someone who will restore it back to its former show car glory and preserved as the time capsule it is.

There's plenty of other nondescript '37s to "make yours".

Centurion9 likes this.
  24. So the Craigslist ad has been removed. Has it been sold?

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It seems like another case, where, who built it, gives it some kind of allure.

Centurion9 likes this.
  26. carbrainiac

carbrainiac
    from atlanta

cars still here----yea it needed to be removed from craigs list---Im not a big computer person--I build cars,fix flatheads and go to 15 shows a year.I make deals--dont hem and haw--We have a great piece of history,and I thought somebody would step up--get the kid on the road with something cool--but I guess you guys are too busy eating potato chips and playing with your computers to give a rats ass--cheers--come on south carolina-- --you dont have a 51 ford truck layin around?

27. carbrainiac

carbrainiac
    from atlanta

PS: now I know why they call this HOKEY ASS MESSAGE BOARD

28. Wow! Because nobody has stepped up in 3 days to by this kids questionable historic 37 Ford, you cop some kind of Attitude!
    If You build cars, fix flatheads and go to a whopping 15 shows a year why don't you buy it?

Mick

29. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

^^^^^^^ I'm with Mick---6 posts in 7 years. Whew!!