Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ford V8 Logos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Fraud, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Really cool thread! As a 60's teen I was captivated by all of the high performance fender art! g

2. ems customer service

ems customer service

simply there is no basis for challenge , it is not the letters v8 themselves that is a unique mark, but each of the logo's show use's unique art work that is protection under trademark law

3. SimonSez

SimonSez

I think they did consider it that way - Henry's advertising definitely used the V8 as if it were the model designation in the pre-war period.

Here are some examples ...

1934 Ford brochure: "Features of the new Ford V8 - New beauty of line, Beautiful interiors ..."

1934 Ford Truck brochure: "The log of the coast to coast Ford V8 Truck"

1935 Ford brochure: "All New Ford V8's are distinguished by their finish and appointments both inside and out"

1940 Style book of the 1940 Ford Cars: "The Ford V-8" and "The De Luxe Ford V-8"

It didn't seem to happen so much after WW2, but I did find this example ...

1950 Ford brochure: "The Ford V8 for 1950, Deluxe and Custom Deluxe"

I guess it petered out when the choice of models started expanding and it made more sense to focus on that instead, e.g. Sportsman, Crestline, etc.