Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

From the Detroit Car Show
    [​IMG]

2. Race Artist

Race Artist

Here's a Russ Griffith photo of Bill Ireland in 1965.
    Joel

Attached Files:

3. Race Artist

Race Artist

Jim Price's Marv Tonkin T-Bolt from a poor xerox copy out of National Dragster. Jim Price was one of the top ten stockers in the NHRA national point chase in 1961 with his 401 Ford sedan.
    Joel

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for the T-bolt photos Joel. Hope to see you at one of the T-bolt reunions this summer. I think Dearborn is going to be good!!

5. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

I understand 6 Thunderbolts were originally shipped to Ohio.

Jack Mefford Ford in Springfield, OH
    Allen Bros Motors in Port Clinton, OH
    Bridenthal Ford in Greensburg, OH
    George May Ford in Lorain, OH
    Rockenfield Ford in Cincinnati, OH
    Brondes Motor Sales in Toledo, OH

Any photos from their early days?

6. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Still looking for photos of Thunderbolts originally shipped to and raced out of Ohio.

Also where did Dallas Kelly's "Wrecking Crew" T-Bolt originate? I hear he will be racing it again this year.

7. brandon

brandon

i'm guess his car was possibly the cincinnati car...? maybe not , he also owned a 64 lightweight galaxy , thats on my side of the river....last heard its undergoing a restoration from its high & mighty days:D kelly is from the southern ohio area , correct?

8. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

I think he's from Cincy. I've seen it run painted green and then all in black.

9. Dallas Kelly's car was sold new at Al Means Ford, Decatur GA. It was originally the David Harrell "Crop Duster".

10. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Have all these been accounted for, or is there hope that I may run across one unfound!!!!

Dave

11. brandon

brandon

last time i saw the car , it was maroon....but that was back in the early 90's at a nhra points meet at tri state....a customer of mine , told me about buying a complete top end from him , while at warren's @ competition milling ....said that setup made his "shine" runner fairlane fly...:D said he still has all the parts..

12. Does anyone have any current shot's of Dallas Kelly's "Wrecking Crew" T-bolt? Last one I saw had it sitting on a chassis jig.

13. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

This is an awesome thread! I'm a big fan of the Falcon's (obviously) but I've never really noticed this particular Fairlane. Thanks for the awesome introduction! Now I want one!!! Ha! :D

14. Not sure if you have pics of this one?.....very detailed and very authentic......looks right and real.....enjoy:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  15. Great car!! Thanks.

I just wish these restorers would letter and equip these cars to "as raced in 1964" condition. Thats what gives these cars soul!!! We have enough plain white T-bolts in this world!!! Just my $.02.....

16. Race Artist

Race Artist

I agree 100% Jody ...
    Joel

17. thunderplex

thunderplex

...when you have 1-2 million dollars to spend on a T-Bolt, you can restore it any way you wish. Just remember, ...most of the T-Bolts you see at local shows are "clones." Don't get me wrong, they are nice and true to the breed but they are probably "vanillas" for a reason. And that reason is: the owner of the Authentic T-Bolt would probably pitch a fit.

...that's my $.02.

18. T-bolts aren't selling for 1-2 million dollars, sorry.... The Alderman car was just sold for $175,000 dollars. It is lettered as it was in 1964. Don Snyder owns more T-bolts than anyone in the world. All of his are lettered as they were in 1964.

19. thunderplex

thunderplex

...some T-Bolts have sold for 1 million plus. The price isn't the issue, it's the clones.

See, you've just proved my point, "... It is lettered as it was in 1964". The AUTHENTIC T-Bolts are usually lettered "as raced" in the cars' best glory days.

20. Please name 1 T-bolt that has sold for over 1 million dollars. I've researched these cars for over 30 years and am not aware of any that have sold for over $500,000 dollars.

Thanks

21. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Is Don snyder the guy who appeared on a TLC program with "Titus" on hot rod power tour?

Titus (the comedian) visited this guy who had Tbolts, B/fx..light weight galaxies etc in a brick building, then had a SOHC falcon delivery I think also..

22. thunderplex

thunderplex

You're off topic, I thought you were hung-up on the lettering of the cars and you wished the owners would letter the cars as the cars were raced. Don't get hung-up on price. I may have overestimated the value of the cars.

23. Sounds like you are talking about Rick Kirk's collection. Rick doesn't have any T-bolts that I'm aware of but does have some great cars. Rick is from OK. He has a '62 or '63 Falcon delivery with the cammer. Kind of a teal blue pro street car.

Don Snyder lives in OH.

24. I'm off topic??? You brought up the 1 or 2 million dollar thing??? I'm not "hung up" on anything. I made a statement about the lettering, that was it... I indicated my personal preference. I never mentioned clones or money, you did.

Back on topic, any T-bolt photos out there????:D

Attached Files:

25. 63Compact

63Compact

I met a guy in Denver who has one by total chance ,stopped to ask directions and saw the pics, unfortunetly the car was in storage still have his contact details really have to drop him a line. I did get a pic of the original rear wheel with a photo of his car on a plaque, I'll try an did it up.

26. thunderplex

thunderplex

Please, ...have a nice day. Conversation over.

27. spiertb

spiertb

I also think T-Bolts need to be done in race day configuration which is why I lettered my CLONE up as if it were sponsored by my Grandfathers car "dealership". See picture no.341

28. Sounds good to me...lol:rolleyes:

29. thunderplex

thunderplex

...sounds good to me too!!

30. apound

apound

I have several I'll post soon as I can.