Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead to T-5 Adapter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modela4shane, Feb 19, 2017.

1. modela4shane

modela4shane

Any one have experience using the Offenhauser or Speedway adapter for a T-5 to flathead? I need to know if the 10 inch long style pressure plate with counterweights will clear the inside of the adapter or do i need to use a 9 inch long style pressure plate for more clearance? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Gene at MEC (model engineering co Akron Ohio) makes a flathead to t-5 adapter. Nice quality and great to talk with. Knowledgeable re clutch issue as well.

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've sold the trans conversion kit for 20 years and with the current crop of repro pressure plates the counter weights contact the inside surface of the adapter. I've quit selling the pps and refer all my tranny conversion kit customers to Fort Wayne Clutch in Fort Wayne Indiana. They have a 10 inch pp without the counter weights and I think it's US made?

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a flathead to Ford toploader adapter from MEC and have nothing but good things to say about the it. Gene answers the phone himself, knows what he is talking about and shipping is very fair. His web site (last time I checked) is not all that current so give him a call directly. You won't be disappointed IMHO.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER