Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Finished car weight.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cndrodder, May 28, 2015.

1. Cndrodder

Cndrodder

Has anyone ever weighed their finished custom 49 or 50 merc. I know that a factory car could weigh between 3300 and 3500 lbs. Just wondering what in might expect from one customized with upgraded suspension, engine, air conditioning and interior. Thanks.

2. 'Advertised' weight on these from the factory was 3485 lbs for any 2 dr, 65 more for a 4 dr. These are 'dry' weights, most fluids but no gas. Actual weights will vary depending on options (radio, heater, etc) but I expect a typical weight would be in the 3600 lb range 'as driven'. Now, what a 'finished' custom Merc might weigh could be anything from 3-400 lbs less to 600 lbs more, depending on what mods have been performed, engine choice, how much sound deadener is added, etc, etc.... But I would be very surprised if a 'typical' modified Merc came in below the 'base' weight, and not particularly surprised if it weighed 200 lbs above the 'as driven' weight.

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

"Typical" custom Merc of the fifties cut out 40 pounds of steel and glass when they chopped the top but added 500 pounds of lead lol.