Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fine GM cars for 1936...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 1, 2012.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That is bizarre and ugly, but really cool nonetheless.

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

That is very cool!!

3. I have always liked the lines on the 35-37 GM coupe's and like slim53, I think they can make a very elegant custom. With that said, their lines, especially rooflines are very formal and as such do not necessarily make good rods...customs? yes...rods? not so much.
    The other thing I feel is that much like GM's mid-sixties offerings, the factory's lines are so elegant that there really is not much you can (nor should) do to them...they look so good stock, that these '36s only need the smallest amount of cleanup to look great and for some folks, they simply want to do more to their car-they want to personalize their car and these formal-design mid 30's GM offerings do not encourage that type of design exploration so nearly stock looks great and for a lot of people, the stock look is simply not what they want to build...but Oh I'd love a '36 Buick/Pontiac/Olds/Chevrolet 3-window coupe'-Yes Ma'am !!

4. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

I'll take that red chevy standard, but make mine a 37.

5. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Any Buick, Olds, or Pontiac.

I get not everyone will like them, but "butt ugly?"

With a few inches out of the roof, and some subtle mods these are gorgeous cars.

6. weldoriam1

weldoriam1

Here's my '36 chev three window. 350 chev and 700R tranny, chev 10 bolt rear end, rack steering, all new from wheels to steering wheel, (Grant) Color is really Bronze, not red.

Attached Files:

7. Cerberus

Cerberus

Here's a '36 Chevy three window. Local guy wants $17K for it. Sbc, TH350, 4.11 posi. Very orig inside. Seems high. At $14K, I'd be an owner. What is it worth in today's market/economy?

Attached Files:

8. nice little 3 window
    [​IMG]

9. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

That yellow Buick is awesome. I'd take a Super Wildcat powered Century!