Register now to get rid of these ads!

fiberglass anglia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southern thunder, May 8, 2012.

1. southern thunder

southern thunder

does anybody know of a company that was in Newzeland, or in that part of the world that made fiberglass anglia, thames, and anglia pickup cab and bed, bodies. and they relocated to the states in Texas somewhere ??

2. I can't help you there, but if you are looking for a fiberglass Anglia body, there is a guy who is making bodies in California that the mold was made from my car back in the late 60's.

3. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

4. MR.QUICK

MR.QUICK
    from dallas tx

check scott's rods out of ohio. He bought out rod n race fiberglass and made it (the company) a whole lot better and scott is a good guy. They make alot of fiberglass parts. Anglia, austin, henry j.

mr. Quick.

5. Larry T

Larry T

Don,
    Just out of curiosity, do you know who it is? I think Bruce Boardman had the molds for a while, but he sold them a few years back.

6. Larry, I have talked to the guy and have his info, PM me if you want me to find it (it's been two years). He gave me a set of rear garnish moldings for mine. These are the original Jim Kirby Challenger Molds

7. Larry T

Larry T

Don,
    It's not that big of a deal. I don't need anything right now. I guess I might eventually need a front end, but I've got lots of other stuff to finish first.

8. If you need a one piece fiberglass prefect body.... This one can be had

Attached Files:

9. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

I think that's a Thames. If I remember correctly 2 doors were Anglias and 4 doors were Thames.

10. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Thames were comercial, Anglia, Popular 2 door, Prefect 4 door.

Could be wrong though.......

11. It's a Prefect

12. carryallman

carryallman

i went to a local body shop this week to look at a fellows fiberglass anglia ,nice car /chassis looked like a "speciality cars" chassis. only problem w/car was it had no provisions for door or trunk hinges ,no back up material in jams -wood or something to bolt hinges on with !! anybody ever deal with this problem ? any pics ? he wants me to build something or at least mount his doors ??

13. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I bought some of Bay Chassis Works moulds but not the Anglia or Willys bodies, those moulds were "repossessed" by parties that had a financial interest in the business, it all got a bit messy.. They haven't resurfaced here in NZ but I don't believe that they have left the country, sorry this is not much help to you but you can probably stop looking for them here.

Scotty.

14. When talking about the popular 48-53 "Anglia"
    Thames were the Commercial "Van" or "Panel Truck", and regardless of how Hot Wheels continues to market them, they were NOT Anglia Panels! There were also larger commercial panels that were called Thames, and they were only 2 doors.

Anglia's (as they were called from 48-53) or Popular's (they continued being made as the Pop until 59) were the 2 Doors. In late 53 the Anglia became a boxy little sedan, hence the changing of the name to Popular for the old body style.

Prefect's were the 4 doors. I don't believe they were officially imported in to the US, but they were sold in Canada.

There were Anglia's and Prefect's before the common 1948 model that we are used to, having been made from 38 or 39 (people can't seem to agree) that were essentially rebadged Model 7Y's withe different front end - only about 55,000 were made because of the war years and they are quite rare today.

15. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Just to add a bit of fuel to the discussion, what's the difference between the 2 bar and 3 bar grilles, is this a year, model or what? Just curious.

Scotty

16. Larry T

Larry T

For the U.S. market, the 3 hole grill was a one year only deal--1948 (along with the cowl clamshells). I think it might have been a little different in England. There is also another grill that was made earlier that will fit, it has one opening.

17. southern thunder

southern thunder

thanks guys, bay chassis works is what I was looking for. Thought I read they moved to the U.S. in Tx. But apparently I was wrong. does anybody know what haooened to the molds?

18. brandon

brandon

There was a guy selling "fordson" thames back in the late 90's60's / early 00's....ill think of the name...shortly...lol wanted to think john west was involved somewhere

GlassThamesDoug likes this.
  19. brandon

brandon

Did bob ever get the thames mold?

20. Actually it's true that the 3 hole grill was a one year only (1948) grill but for export to North America which included Canada as well as the US.

21. Fordson was a brand name used on a range of mass produced general-purpose tractors manufactured by Henry Ford & Son, Inc, from 1917 until 1920 when it was merged into the Ford Motor Company, which used the name until 1964.

Ford of England did use the name for Some 1/2 ton commercial vehicles as well, using that Fordson name in some markets and Thames in others.

22. BADGAS

BADGAS
    from AUSTRALIA

I think some of the molds are now in Australia but no one is talking about them as a bloke i know got ripped off about $50,000.00 AUS worth of parts and labour.
    I have one of there 41 Willys Coupe bodys and there shit.

23. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

The three hole grill is actually a 1937-38 7W grill from the pre-war Fords which had body styles virtually identical to the later Anglias and Prefects which were exported.

See here: http://www.nsra.org.uk/newforum/showthread.php?t=2817

The single hole grill is also a pre-war grill for the 7Y which was also used later, I think, on the commercial models.

24. southern thunder

southern thunder

I talked to Bruce on here a few weeks ago. yes, he had the molds, and sold them, he didn't say to who.

25. southern thunder

southern thunder

$50.000.00 anywhere, thats serious

26. The 7W body does not have the "Bustle" style trunk of the later Anglia, but rather was a slant back. With a slot for the spare tire
    [​IMG]

The 7Y has a circular rear trunk lid cut out, kind of a Continental kit if you will. Some had covers over them
    [​IMG]

The 7Y front grille
    [​IMG]

27. southern thunder

southern thunder

was there ever a factory built pick up, based on the 1/4 ton chassis ? I have only seen fiberglass ones and utes. if it was, what was it called ? Thames pick up ?

28. I don't think so. The only pickups were 10CWT (1/2 ton) and larger.

This is a rare 49 Thames Martin Walter Estate
    [​IMG]

29. The Australians had factory made ones.

[​IMG]

30. Found this too

[​IMG]