Register now to get rid of these ads!

Father Son Teams - Vacuum Pumps - Warning Billet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flatdog, May 27, 2006.

1. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

This is the pump setup that my son Zack designed and carved up for me to mount a vacuum pump to the '34. I think he did a helluva job.

I case you're wondering, yes, the FOS on that bracket IS somewhere around 7. Does it count as billet if it's made on a Bridgeport?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Looks like some damn fine craftsmanship to me. Amazing what us kids can learn huh? Does it count as billet? That's debateable. But if anyone bitches, you can tell them to go fornicate upon themselves.

3. Chad s

Chad s

If you round off the edges with a file (or champhering end mill), and paint it, it wont look so "street rodish". Unfortunately, the term Billet is whats used to describe "squared off, ball mill patterned, ugly street rod crap from the 90's", when the use of milling or turning a part yourself from aluminum billet is different all together. They are both "billet" but different all together. Looks like he did a great job.

Regardless of the "billet" argument, I think the part does look a bit out of place on your car in its current state. I know its a shame to hide the craftsmanship that went into the part, but I would round off the hard edges, and paint it.

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Very pretty work. I was trying to figure what that was last week.

5. 47bob

47bob

Sand blast it then it'll look cast instead of billet.

6. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

looks great . if i may , what pump did you use ? . steve

7. That looks like a hot rod part to me, Billet is about glitz, this is about function. Does anyone really thing they didn't have Bridgeports and aluminum plate back in the day?
    Oh yeah, most billet is actually cast and it's made in china!!!!!!!!!!!