Register now to get rid of these ads!

fat man front susp. for 49-51 ford "shoebox"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RG49MERC, Dec 5, 2007.

1. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

any body out there got pics of a shoebox with a fat man front suspension??my bro is trying to decide if to go with s10 clip or a fat man front susp..

2. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Dont forget Jamco....They are up and running again....Roach.

3. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

I put a fatman in a shoebox a few months ago. It was really easy. They make it so simple with great instructions. The frame install took about 1 day including front clip removal. Mega problems came when installing the 303 olds. Required crossmember notch, oilpan notch, raising floor tunnel. The olds wanted to lay on the rack and pinion. This motor was installed in the shobox in the stock chassis with no problems but the fatman caused mega headaches. If you know what motor you are using make sure to ask fatman if it will fit. I personally would not use a s 10 sub. I had a 50 with drop spindles and springs with a after market swaybar and it rode and handled great. I would recommend a steering box or rack upgrade. This seems to be the only downfall to the shoebox frontend. Hope this helps.

4. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Was that Bruce Gable's '51?

5. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Yes it was Bruces.

6. A local guy had a Fatman stub installed on his '58 Pontiac. All chrome-plated with R&P steering, disc brakes, etc. It sits really low but he can't turn the wheels left or right....they rub the fenders and fender wells.

However....it's very shiny !! :D

7. ochamsrasor

ochamsrasor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used Fatman's rack setup. The kit includes the brackets to install a Chevy Cavalier rack. I also used his dropped spindle arms and Jamco dropped springs. He also sells a crossmember for Mustang II. Both are pictured on his site.

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Whoah, awesome! I have always wondered how that kit works out with the rack. Was it OK to install? How does it steer etc? Can you easily use the stock column? Do you recommend it overall? And...got any pics?

9. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

How many doors you got? I wanted to put a Fat Man clip on my 4 door 1950 Dodge Coronet but was told that the clips are designed for 2 door cars only. :(

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

What is the difference?

11. Yes! Jamco's back... http://www.jamcosuspension.com/ :D
    Why cut up your frame if you don't have to??:confused:

12. bigtoepromo

bigtoepromo

Jamco is back and going strong. Check out our new A-Arms, King Pin to ball joint conversion kit, disc brakes, and of course our lowering springs!! No need to clip a perfectly good frame.

13. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

This is just what I have been looking for for my Merc. Will the Jamco setup handle air bags?

14. fatiger53

fatiger53
    Alliance Vendor

Fatman here. To FredK, the stubs fit the '49-'52 Dodge, regardless of body style. Did somebody here tell you "tudors only"? That's not correct! Brent