Register now to get rid of these ads!

Elrod Model A Coupe Thrash - Flathead V8 time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elrod, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

I stopped by to see the progress and it is looking good. The fenders and supercharger really set it apart.

Pace yourself and give Eric a pay raise.

Bart

2. Really love what you're doing with the car.This is what hot rodding is all about.

3. Elrod

Elrod

Finished putting it all back together at 2:00 am last night, fire it up and the 32 radiator at the top was full of holes!! Argh! This is not going to beat me!!!

[​IMG]

Dug out some sacrifical Model A radiators to see if I can weld some new necks onto a walker that won't fit.

The new walker radiator is at the bottom of the screen, but it's for an 8BA with small water necks. I'm running an earlier Flathead with large water necks. So, time to rob some necks off some Model A radiators.

[​IMG]

9:00 a.m. Friday morning of the Round up. Still in Dallas, with a freshly pulled radiator.
    [​IMG]

At the radiator shop this morning modifying a 49-53 Walker that I got from Doc a few years ago. One last shot. Not going down that easy!!! Glad I found an old school shop that can do this work still.

[​IMG]

Would you do this to a new Walker radiator if it got you to the car show that day? Why not! It's only metal!
    [​IMG]

Shot of the Model A neck grafted onto the top tank of the 1949-1953 powered deuce walker radiator

[​IMG]

Back together and running, with no leaks!!!! Time to head to the Round Up!!!

[​IMG]

When we got to the Round Up, we were honored to have a place in the reserved parking area on the grass. A huge thanks to the Kontinentals for their hospitality. What a crazy 3 months it has been, but I really like the direction this little car is going in.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    brEad likes this.
  4. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

Thanks a lot...that was what I was looking for. Good luck with the coupe.

5. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Go, go, go homie...

6. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

F1 For Pickup trucks were made from 1948 - 1953.

not to dispute the man , but i thought it was '48-'52 . '53 was the round fender p/u .

7. Anderson

Anderson

This has been a pretty trying experience...Jason and I wanted to kill each other at times. It was the most exhausting 3 months I think either of us have ever had. We were at the shop until about 4:00 am Thursday morning. Jason was back there yesterday around 10:00, I didn't show up until later. We worked on it until around 1:30...adjusted the brakes, wrapped up wiring thanks to George and Bart, got the fenders and running boards on, peaked the headlight bar to clear the grill, etc. etc.....filled the radiator with water, and pretty much watched it drain right back out. Oops....fired it up anyway, then found a much larger area of concern involving a 10" circle in the middle of the thing that was completely shot.

Jason was devastated...understandably. The plan had been to leave for Austin at 8:00 this morning....wasn't happening. We didn't know what to do and it was already 2:00 am....we went home. There was another radiator, a brand new Walker like Jason said above but it needed different necks on it. Jason was back at the shop this morning at 9:00, pulling the old radiator out and taking the new one and a few spare model A cores (for parts) to a radiator shop to be corrected. They got the necks swapped, and we got it back in the car. Had to change some radiator hoses, but it was in and stayed dry....

Time to go for a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were tears of joy on that man's face. No, we didn't get the car ready for the first day of the show....but we still made it!!! Jason and Linda are on their way to Austin as I type with the coupe. I'll join them in the morning. It isn't without issues and has its share of loose ends, but it is in one piece and road worthy, and is FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    brEad likes this.
  8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

:eek:

Well done gents.

Congrats.

9. Kickass! It looks fucking amazing and sounds like a beast! Way to go guys!

10. titus

titus

awsome accomplishment guys.

JEFF

11. brad2v

brad2v

Fuckin awesome indeed! Thank you guys so much for sharing this. What an absolutely cool car!

12. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Great build! Can't wait to see it tomorrow..

iPhone - TJJ app

13. Bodger45

Bodger45

Bea you tee full !!!

14. Awesome!!!!!! See you fuckers tomorrow!

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

16. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Have fun guys!

Wish I were there.

Bart

17. brady1929

brady1929

awesome hot rod

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Incredible... You guys should be proud!! So awesome!

19. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Saw it at the show today.. I talked to you for a while today as well. I have to thank you for being so patient with my being deaf. You're probably the person who dealt with that the best out of everybody.

A lot other HAMBers weren't bothered either. I'm glad I'm a part of this community on here.

Thanks again! See you around..

iPhone - TJJ app

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Oh. And the car rules. Can't wait to see it finished like you had told me about today. Keep at it!

iPhone - TJJ app

21. Elrod

Elrod

^^^^ hey man! It was great meetin you. I had no problem communicating with you. The project you told me about sound so rad. Can't wait to see it at the Round Up some day!!! Thanks for introducing yourself. See you out and about tonight!!

22. n847

n847

That coupe is bad to the bone! I'm not usually a big fan of fenders but that car is nasty!

23. Wicked! real pleased you made it !

24. If that car was titties I would motor boat it.

55Deso and bengeltiger like this.
  25. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

^^^^^^^^
    motor boat....
    that's almost as cool as the car
    Very Nice Job Guys

26. Elrod

Elrod

BEST COMMENT EVER!!!! Hahahahaha!!!

bengeltiger likes this.
  27. awsome
    but i still miss the banger
    good job and get some rest
    tk

28. 29ToyA

29ToyA

WOW!
    Looks great!

29. Fantastic coupe Jason....glad I saw it, got to meet you and very appreciative of you relaying those parts from Revhead. You rule, brother:cool:

30. Elrod

Elrod

^^ Likewise my friend. Great meetining you as well. You do killer work!!!

What an amazing weekend. Thanks for stopping by and checking out the Question Mark Coupe!!