Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eelco 3x2 Chrysler Hemi Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well, looks like I might have some hemi stuff for sale! :D

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dave,.I believe the plate is on a Weiand 2x4 intake.

3. titus

titus

yep, 2x4 set ups are commonly run on progressive, you rear carb would be your primary.

i have a couple of 2x4 set ups and one of them i plan to run some 450 edelbrock carbs but im gonna pull em apart and bead blast the bodies and yank off the edelbrock tags so they look old.

chrome valve covers, chrome plug wire covers and top it off with some cool little vintage chrome 2x4 air cleaners would be bitchen.

jeff

4. flatoz

flatoz

Hi Jeff and others.

WEIAND also made a 3x2 for the Chrysler Hemi's ( WC3D) but their not common, which is why most people don't know about them. I have seen people state that only 50 intakes were made ( not sure on that, only what I have read)

Other option is a plate to go ontop of the blower intake, I'm sure one could be fabbed to look 'right' not just a flat piece of plate.

Attached Files:

• wc3d.jpg
      wc3d.jpg
      File size:
      109.7 KB
      Views:
  5. George

George

Edmunds made 2X4 & 2X2.

Heard that the # was 75.....

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Yes Flatoz..correct
    my bad..I thought it was Edmunds...you are indeed quite correct.
    It was the Weiand WC3D

My mistake all.

7. mcbay

mcbay

Why would anyone want a 3 x 2 on an Early Hemi?
    They are rare for a reason.:rolleyes:
    If it was a V-6 Hemi, maybe.
    We melted down the ones I had, haha:D

8. mcbay

mcbay

Dave , Just kidding. Use what you got is a good policy and that set up would work fine. Sorry not to have met you at the Jalopy Rama spent some time with Jack and Tom. Let me know if you I can help you. Fred

9. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have been doing these for a few years now.

Attached Files:

10. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

They are based on a machined 2x4 intake. The 2x4 intake has a center divider which helps fuel distribution, unlike the PAW intake or a blower intake. All my top plates are 3 bolt. The carb pads could be machined flat and the plate drilled and tapped for the 4 bolt pattern. I can supply aluminum four bolt spacers.

[email protected]

11. craig mcneill

craig mcneill

DONT buy anything from Leckner at EELCO, read my site, I still dont have all my parts!!!!

12. craig mcneill

craig mcneill

DONT buy anything from Leckner at EELCO !!!!!! see my site, I still dont have all my parts and what I did get was just junk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

Jeff (and others), a little clarification on the photo you posted.

'Our Plate' was used on a PAW Base intake (not a blower manifold; or a chopped down 2x4). PAW discontinued this in '08/'09 before they decided to change their business plan and cut back on production of many of their items.

We sold all of the units that we had as complete systems only and they worked very well.

Just to let folks know, we do have some things in the works for this Early Chrysler HEMI 3x2 application and we'll let everyone know more once the details are settled.

Thank You

Attached Files:

14. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

It still amazes me that some many on the HAMB only care for looks, and not what actually might work better.

I believe those now defunct PAW "universal" intakes had just one large hole in the center. The same as a blower intake. The picture below is one of my "chopped down 2x4" intakes before the top plate is added. You tell me which is going to distribute fuel better.:cool:

The whole point of making my plates was that they can be added to one of the bizzillion Weiand 2x4 intakes in circulation already, and much cheaper than buying a whole new intake. Maybe if/when the new 3x2 intakes appear, everyone will be happy.

Attached Files:

15. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Does any body know why theres not so many 3 carb intake the reason may surprise you I have had one in 30 years lots of 4 carb I got the reason from a oletmer

16. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Mr Waters YOU ARE THE BEST, the BEST !!!the very best!!

17. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

After being in this business as long as I have, I'm pretty confident in my approach to what I do, and how it will perform... and your only seeing what I'll share with you.

Quality, Function and Appearance are the only things that mater.

** I'll let you folks know more as we get closer to making an announcement.

Thank you.

18. 73RR

73RR

Everyone? Gee Tom, you are an optimist...:D

Two, apparently, different approaches...but then we really don't have a clue what Larry is offering. And I certainly would add 'Affordability' to the list of what matters.
    Not sure about all of the 'secrets' stuff though. If the manifold is anywhere near production then there must be photos of the prototypes.
    Not likely that someone else will take a pic and run off to a foundry and start casting one next week.

FWIW department, there are numerous foundries around the good 'ol USA that will take a finished product and duplicate it with or w/o changes and from my conversations with these folks you will be on the hook for a minimum of 1000 pieces. The last guy I talked with gave a firm price of $100 each, completely machined and in a white box. So no, I doubt you should be worried about getting beat to market.

My 2¢

19. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

pics...

Attached Files:

20. Abomination

Abomination

Did the details ever settle?

~Jason

21. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

What about Hamilton Intakes?

22. Abomination

Abomination

I'm sure I reflect most people's sentiments when I say:

"Well... shit." :(

Has anyone with deep pockets ever thought about buying one to butcher?

Seems like if a guy could cut an intake apart at the casting seams, and get a good, high-res 3D scan of it, it could be easily put back together in Solidworks, the size increased to reflect the shrinkage rate of aluminum, and the entire file emailed or burned to a CD and sent to a foundry to turn out however many you wanted.

Hell, I have the info on Charlie Price's foundry. Rapid prototyping's the shit, y'all. Unfortunately, I know ABOUT it, but not enough to DO it.

There's places in every city - "maker clubs" - where if you pay dues you can have access to their 3D scanners and printers, vacuum tables, etc. I'm surprised more folks aren't swapping 3D files of rare vintage parts all over the Internet, increasing the size slightly, 3D printing them, bondoing them smooth, and sending the bucks to foundries... or like I said above, just emailing the foundry a file.

~Jason

23. Terrence

Terrence

That sucks, but I guess it makes My NOS WC3D more sought after.

24. 73RR

73RR

If someone out 'there' has a few bucks to spare then call these folks and get started:
    http://empiremotorsinc.com/
    They can take your sample and duplicate it without destroying it.
    Cheap? Not so much.
    Can a guy make a decent margin? Probably, but not immediately
    Quality finished part? Yes

25. Abomination

Abomination

You don't say?

I should definitely put this into the "Cool stuff to do once I won the lottery" file. This should succeed far sooner than the altruistic "Find a cure for butthole cancer" entry in that ledger.

~Jason

26. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Ha ha ha

27. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Please don't get involved with this guy, been there and done it, you will regret the hole experiance..................................

28. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

cant send pm to larry?..anyway,i work for a casting company..and i could get these made if you have patterns.and you wouldnt need to buy a million of them either..pm or email me if youre interested and ill give you my number.

29. 73RR

73RR

I will admit that it has been several years since I have had any conversation with anyone at the company and the way things change anything is possible today.

So, Lon, how about you tell us your story.

30. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

73RR, I won't go into detail here on this thread, just do an internet google or a search here on the HAMB. Check with the BBB in Texas, he's rated at a big "F". My experiance with that foundry was about 3-4 years ago so yes things could have changed .........................

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012