Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edmunds dual carb intake flathead 6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patchen1, Sep 22, 2010.

1. I was curious as to what the two round tubes are that are sticking out of both ends and goes all the way thru? They are below the linkage and look like copper tubing. Are they to be left open, plugged or do you run water thru them. I have only seen this on Edmunds dual 1 barrel intakes for the Ford Flathead six cylinder. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. studhud

studhud

Connect your heater hose to em it warms the intake as the exhaust will no longer be bolted to the exhaust. It helps keep the carb from freezin up
    Dave Hitch

3. Thank you

I thought it was for some kind of liquid and now I know.

Thanks again

4. Is the head in the background for the same engine? What brand?

5. Un fortunately not, but it is a Knudsen Marine head that has all the pieces so it can run on a car or truck motor. I don't have as much money as the guy who now has it in his car, and it runs really nice too.

6. I have a Knudsen head (not marine) and a Nicson 2 x 1 intake on my '51 sedan. Fortunately I bought them both before the prices for ford flathead 6 speed equipment went crazy.