Register now to get rid of these ads!

History East Coast '40

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 26, 2009.

1. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

SPEAKING OF HURRI-CAIN! Here is some real cool pictures of Cain, The dealership, and his cars. Along with pictures of HURRI-CAIN II being resurrected!

Not to mention this tread needs to be freshend up!

Attached Files:

2. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

East Coast, West Coast or whatever... That 40 rules.

3. Glad to see it has the 40 standard front sheetmetal back on it,,,the nash grille was too much for me.
    BTW, Roger Hendrickson [the late Steve Hendrickson's dad] still cruises his purple primer 39-40 coupe...chopped and channeled with a big block chevy. If my scanner wasn't broken I'd post a photo

4. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

Here is a west coast chop (not your typical backyard chop) I'm sure this car is recognizable!

Attached Files:

5. weez

weez

I'm working on a painting of the Fred Cain '40 for Doc, and I've been studying photos for days trying to figure out the modifications. In the Nash grille pics, it has raised fenders, I guess when it got stock fenders again they were put in the stock relation to the body and a stock hood fits. The fender bottoms are trimmed making the car look sectioned. It's weird how hard it is to look at different angles of basically an egg, and try and figure out the modifications... I think I got it now! House of Hot Rods' post finally explained it-

6. CruZer

CruZer

As an "east coaster " I have to agree,somewhat. But I can make the same statement for every other part of the country. I started reading Hot Rod in 1956 and have to say that some of the things done to cars on the west coast and midwest made me want to puke !!!

I think the idea that all east coast rods were "channeled,not chopped" is wrong also.
    Check out "Cool cars square roll bars" and you'll see lots of chopped cars sitting on their frames.