Register now to get rid of these ads!

East Coast 32 3 window build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Feb 13, 2013.

1. rexrogers

rexrogers

The guys at the shop have been working on a Hamb friendly car, and we had the chance to push the car out and get a good look at it< i just thought i would share what has been done so far on the project.
    The car is for Steve Memishian the founder of the American Hot Rod Foundation http://www.ahrf.com/

the body was one that Steve has had for a few years the frame in the first photo was just that just for a photo. the car was channeled already so we kept it that way.
    [​IMG]

the body getting prepped
    [​IMG]

A set of orgional frame rails to start the build
    [​IMG]

a little mock up with the body and the frame.
    A 322 Buick Nailhead for the motor.
    [​IMG]

chopped firewall
    [​IMG]

the major fabrication work is complete alot of detail work yet to be done we took advantage of good weather to get some out side shots of the car to see how she is going to turn out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a some other shots of the car as far as the rest of the build i will update later.
    Josh Alison is the main guy in the shop that has been building this car so far.

http://www.ahrf.com/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

looking good,quarters cleaned up nice

3. triumph 1

triumph 1

Very cool, looking good.

4. Nice!!!

Love the stance and the nailhead.

5. Looks great............I like the nailhead.

6. The work looks awesome as always Rex!

7. Nice.....Details, Details

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  8. Fogger

Fogger

As always Rex, great workmanship. Definitely a east coast recreation, channeled and no chop. A classic look.

9. That's a hot rod!!

Nice to see the proportions of the channel with no chop.

The 3x2 nailhead is perfect, too.

Post some more as it progresses, please.

10. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

AMEN !

Most East Coast Cars had motorcycle fenders too.

[​IMG]

11. Lurk king

Lurk king

Awesome looking hotrod.
    I don't know why, but it makes me feel all worm and fuzzy when I see a old channeled deuce and known its gonna stay that way.

12. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Man thats going to look killer! That nailhead looks perfect in there...

13. gerry miller

gerry miller

Rex, I just downloaded the pics of Ray.s coupe on Metalmeet and absolutely loved the result. You do awesome work.Like the picture of what you started with. Just needed a little buffin' out.Ray is one happy Camper I'm sure
    Gerry

14. We want more!!!!!

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Bitchin!!!!! I love me some Rex Rogers threads and love love love me some channeled '32 coupes!

16. zoomma

zoomma

Great looking car.

17. cakes

cakes

subed, I LOVE EAST COAST HOT RODS!!

18. Spike!

Spike!

Hey! I know that car well..Dave Leather's car, formerly known as The Draftsmen coupe, built in the 50's in PA.

Spike

19. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Looks bitchin'...any thought to a paint color yet ?? Or not (primer ?) Just trying to picture the finished look.

20. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

does anyone know if this is the coupe that Roy Ieisman had for sale ? it was yellow and rusty in color at that time. Jared

21. rexrogers

rexrogers

The final paint color is still up in the air leaning towards black but the red one there is looking good. Currently there are no plans to run any cycle fenders but that would help get the east coast feel.

Once the body was blasted and we took inventory of what we had and the best route to go we started off with a new subframe from Brookville and modified it to channel the car.
    Josh has a good bit of time on removing the old weld form the quarter panels, were the fenders were welded on.

here are few more build shots that we have so far, Josh has the wood installed doors fit the back window wood in gas tank and the body X braced
    [​IMG]

A stock style 3 window seat was made Steve the owner is a fairly tall guy and with a channeld car you loose some leg room we are trying to make sure he will be able to fit the coupe.
    [​IMG]

A shortend grill sell that Josh is working out we didn't want the car to have the broken back look.
    [​IMG]

You can't buy headers for the 322 so we found some flanges on ebay and some mandrel bends from spd they turned out great josh had some weaving to do to get them around the steering and starter. we went with hanging pedals so the exhaust system would be tucked up in the frame rails.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plan has been made to fill the roof and smooth it out it will probably fit the the channeled car a little better than a stock style insert.
    Dash will be smooth the gauges from end to end. a lot of little stuff yet to go one piece at time she is getting there.

22. Lurk king

Lurk king

Those headers look great.

23. flatoz

flatoz

really enjoying this one, its going to be a fun car to drive when finished. that Maroon one sure makes it hard to see any other colour going on this car, but black would work too.

I don't generally like cycle fenders, but again the maroon car sets the tone, I hope he thinks about them as I think it might just be the finishing piece to give the car the look and vibe of an early east coast car. And some full wheel covers too!

24. I am a liking this one......

25. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Me too

26. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

27. rexrogers

rexrogers

We have been working on getting a 34 coupe ready for paint so progress on the 3 window slowed down a bit, we pulled the Nailhead out and started tearing down the motor to ge rebuilt we have the block and the heads at the machine shop now just having them gone through. Some rust repair to the back panel and bump and dent the rest of the body along with getting the dash set up is next on the todo list for the car.
    [​IMG]

28. Definitely starting to shape up,,looks great. HRP

29. tinmann

tinmann

Very nice in the details.